Quotable Quotes

"We've turned the Russian Army -- the second army in the world -- into what? Who the hell knows...What kind of army are we if we couldn't even manage with itty bitty Ukraine? It's a complete mess everywhere...Russia is on the brink of catastrophe. We need to stop deceiving the population and telling them that everything is fine." ~ Wagner Group founder Yevgeny Prigozhin

"We've turned the Russian Army -- the second army in the world -- into what? Who the hell knows...What kind of army are we if we couldn't even manage with itty bitty Ukraine? It's a complete mess everywhere...Russia is on the brink of catastrophe. We need to stop deceiving the population and telling them that everything is fine." ~ Wagner Group founder Yevgeny Prigozhin / S2 #238
Yevgeny,
Ever hear of Vlad Pootty Poot?
You two should talk, soon.
If / when you do, bring a map. Pooty Poo may be interested to know, Russia already has more land than it can use. Wanting someone else's is sooooooooo previous millennium !

230614a.JPG

https://citizenvoice.us/threads/just-a-little-humor.287/page-2

605257145764e1db95e7f4b8a72c87172871a21.gif

s #282

👍

"I think it's a very dangerous thing to even talk about, because we do have a tremendously passionate group of voters, much more passion than they had in 2020 and much more passion than they had in 2016." ~ Trump, on the possibility that he could be sentenced to jail

"We'll have fun on the stand with all of these people that say the Presidential Election wasn't Rigged and Stollen [sic]. THE TRIAL OF THE CENTURY!" ~ Trump

"They hate, hate on the outside, and are very aggressive towards Putin exactly because they want Putin to be their president." ~ Maria Zakharova, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson, on the people of Ukraine

"They hate, hate on the outside, and are very aggressive towards Putin exactly because they want Putin to be their president." ~ Maria Zakharova, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson, on the people of Ukraine
"The first casualty of war is truth." credited to Aeschylus, Hiram Johnson, Arthur Ponsonby, and others.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/04/11/casualty/

"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness is that none of his predictions have come true yet." Isaac Deutscher

"I don't think he needs a vice president. If there's ever one president who's so strong he doesn't need one, it would be him." ~ Kari Lake on Trump

"I don't think he needs a vice president. If there's ever one president who's so strong he doesn't need one, it would be him." ~ Kari Lake on Trump
Lake is right of course. The VP is mainly for presidential succession. That obviously doesn't apply to an immortal super-being like D.J.

TrumpA09atG20summer2017.JPG

"If you f*** around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are going to do things to you that have never been done before." ~ Trump in 2020 clip recently re-posted on his social media account

"In the real world, folks, this is how things go. If other people want these things, go get them. Do the work to establish such a tradition in your family, if that's what they want to do." ~ investment banker Rob Longsworth, the seventh in his family to attend Amherst, defending legacy admissions

You do have to wonder how many of those family members would have made it on their own merits

S2 #293
I don't understand the history of legacy admissions. Based on basic economics:
- too many freshman admissions, and the institution can't handle them all
- not enough freshman admissions and the institution can't meet operating expenses, thus
- there's a goldilocks zone: not too many, not too few, ... juuuuuust right.

Did that play a role in establishing the tradition? A university short of the $sweet-spot accepted applicants related to past grads? Applicants that would otherwise not have qualified?

"You're too honest." ~ Trump to Pence, who denied he had the authority to reject presidential electors, per yesterday's indictment

"The American people deserve to know that President Trump and his advisers didn't just ask me to pause, they asked me to reject votes, return votes, to essentially overturn the election... I rejected that out of hand." ~ Mike Pence

"I feel badly for Mike Pence, who is attracting no crowds, enthusiasm, or loyalty from people who, as a member of the Trump Administration, should be loving him." ~ Trump

I'm going to put these in the Trump Criminal Charges thread as well

"This was never supposed to happen in America. We can't let this happen in America." ~ Trump after his indictment

"IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!" ~ Trump post, three days later

"How is that not intimidation?...As someone who gets death threats every day, it makes me nervous." ~ Stephanie Grisham, former Trump WH Press Secretary

No question that his comments constitute witness intimidation (or whatever the relevant charges would be)

No question that his comments constitute witness intimidation (or whatever the relevant charges would be)
The question is:
then why is Trump still loose?

BONUS question:
If the law judges instruction to Trump is eventually enforced, and Trump held in custody for trial, will Trump be allowed to retain possession of his smart-phone? Are other prisoners, Trump's would be next "door" (next cell) neighbors allowed to have smart-phones?

Numerous corroborating reports indicate Trump's $fund $raising / campaign revenue increases following such government action. Is government going "hands off" w/ Trump for fear that the political martyrdom of incarceration would be a net benefit to Trump? And if so, isn't that evidence Trump's intimidation is working?

Back