Just a little humor

S2 #20
95325c84c76c91009857e75eb598e75377e56af.jpg

I suspect this graphic has been modified. The font looks computer generated. Not many printers can print on stock that size. Not sure why there appear to be 3 separate signs laying on the pavement.

s #21
I wonder if she's ticklish.
Or somebody used stencils.
In that font? Comic Sans?
Could be. If it's photoshop it's a real nice job. The posterboard is not at right angles to the camera. The plane of the text agrees with the plane of the posterboard.

Another thing that I haven't figured out, What's the crowd there for? She's the only one with a sign, yet there are 3 signs on the ground without humans underneath them to hold them up.
226257849260d12d94e74cc99e45670d6db2725.gif

Woman wins chaotic UK cheese race despite being knocked unconscious​

May 30, 2023 / 11:16 AM / CBS/AP
A 19-year-old woman from Canada won a frantic cheese-chasing race down a steep hill despite being knocked out during the extreme sporting event in the U.K. that dates back two centuries.

Hundreds of spectators gathered Monday to watch dozens of reckless racers chase a 7-pound wheel of Double Gloucester cheese down the near-vertical Cooper's Hill, near Gloucester in southwest England. The first racer to finish behind the fast-rolling cheese gets to keep it.
Speaking to us afterwards, Delaney Irving confirmed she was okay and told us she was heading off to hospital as a precaution
:)
"The first racer to finish behind the fast-rolling cheese gets to keep it."
44a259045d6bc18697b7bc4ddaaf002acfc7ea0.gif

#24 & #25
To be clear, This forum should leave little doubt, planet Earth is awash with misery. We know that. So do the cheese chasers.
I'm grateful to those that demonstrate the inspiration to provide the planet in need, with comic relief.

BTW
The "winner", the one that regained consciousness to learn she'd won:
I've wondered whether she actually would have come in third, but the actual winner didn't want to get stuck with a badly dented cheese wheel, so swindled the 3 place contestant into believing she'd won. Amazing what can be accomplished with a thump on the noggin.

"We need to recognize that a government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist State." LGBTQ activist / standup comedienne Margaret Cho

Marge !

Teacher: "Why did you laugh?"

Boy: "I saw a strap of your bra."

Teacher: "Get out! Don't come to class for the next 1 week. Another boy laughs..."

Teacher: "Why did you laugh?"

Boy: "I saw both straps of your bra."

Teacher: "Get out! Don't come to class for next 1 month."

The teacher bends to pick a chalk and little Johnny starts walking out of the class.

Teacher: "Why are you going out?"

Johnny: "With what I saw I think my school days are over."

When NASA was preparing for the Apollo moon landings of the late 60s and early 70s, they did some astronaut training along a Navajo Indian reservation in the SW.

One day, a Navajo elder and his grandson were herding animals and came across the space crew. The old man, who only spoke Navajo, asked a question, which the grandson translated: "What are the guys in the big suits doing?"

A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to the moon." Then, recognizing a promotional opportunity for the spin-doctors, added, "We will be leaving behind a special record with greetings in many languages and such. Would the old man be interested in giving us a greeting to include?"

Upon translation, the old man got really excited and was thrilled at the idea of sending a message to the moon with the astronauts. The NASA folks produced a tape recorder and the old man recorded his message at which the grandson fought back the urge to laugh... but he refused to translate.

After Apollo 11 had successfully landed on the moon and brought its astronauts homes, a new group were training in the desert when one of the NASA officials recognized the Navajo elder and his grandson and went to tell them that the old man's message was indeed on the moon which was met with laughter.

Finally, the NASA rep caught on that not everything was as simple as he had originally thought and asked for a translation.

With a chuckle the youngster replied: "Beware of white man; they come to steal your land!

Inspired by S2 #36, a public health reminder (sort of)

The only way other than abstinence to avoid contracting an STD is to remain in a monotonous relationship.

Inspired by S2 #36, a public health reminder (sort of)

The only way other than abstinence to avoid contracting an STD is to remain in a monotonous relationship.
That requires both parties to do so.

And it's not impossible to contact an STD by means other than sex - if you classify AIDS as an STD for example things like blood transfusions, improperly sterilized dental instruments, and the like.

That requires both parties to do so.
And it's not impossible to contact an STD by means other than sex - if you classify AIDS as an STD for example things like blood transfusions, improperly sterilized dental instruments, and the like.
Yes, BUT !
I was sort of goin' for the Oscar Wilde thing:
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. -- Oscar Wilde

The penalty for bigamy is two wives. -- Oscar Wilde

Back