Trump Gets Triggered By Looming Criminal Charges & Melts Down

Is there a compelling reason not to accelerate the pace of these judicial proceedings, so that the electorate knows the verdicts before the November 2024 election?
You'd thing that Trump would want to accelerate those proceedings so that he could proclaim his innocence prior to the elections. Instead he's trying to delay them ...

Milton.
I do get the impression Trump would prefer presiding over flaming ruins, rather than enjoying a relaxing stay at "club fed".

As always, he's right on point ...

Ba3W6ze.jpeg

salon

"Incandescently stupid": Former DHS official says he had to "dumb" down classified memos for Trump​

Gabriella Ferrigine / Wed, July 26, 2023
Miles Taylor, who served as chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security under Donald Trump, shared how he often had to oversimply national security reports for the former president.

"This fifty-page memo that we would normally give to any other president about what his options are is something Trump literally can't read. The man doesn't read. We've gotta boil this down into a one-pager in his voice," Taylor told podcast host Brett Meiselas on Tuesday. "And so I had to write this incandescently stupid memo called something like, 'Afghanistan, How to Put America First and Win.' And then bullet by bullet, I summed up this highly classified memo into Trump's sort of bombastic language because it was the only way he was gonna understand," Taylor added. "I mean, I literally said in there, 'You know, if we leave Afghanistan too fast, the terrorists will call us losers. But if we wanna be seen as winners, we need to make sure the Afghan forces have the strength to push back against these criminals.' I mean, it was that dumb and that's how you had to talk to him."

... AND he's still the leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024. "Incandescently stupid". Good candidate for a Trump epitaph.

Trump Struggles to Find Enough Lawyers to Handle His Many Indictments

The former president wants to use a Jan. 6 trial as a platform for his election lies. But his team is struggling to find attorneys willing to go along
ADAM RAWNSLEY, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG

DONALD TRUMP COULD be days away from another indictment, but as a third set of criminal charges looms, he’s struggling to recruit lawyers to defend him, three sources familiar with the situation tell Rolling Stone.

In recent weeks, the Trump team has tried, with mixed results, to bring aboard new lawyers to defend against an expected indictment over Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election and the Jan. 6 Capitol attack — even as Special Counsel Jack Smith has signaled his office is ready to bring charges.

The recruiting effort has been fraught for several reasons. Trump, the people familiar with the matter say, is an infamously difficult client. One attorney who was approached about work declined, telling Rolling Stone they were dissuaded by the lengthy track record of Trump’s personal lawyers suddenly finding themselves in legal jeopardy while working for Trump. Some attorneys who’ve discussed the investigation with Trump and his close associates believe the case is a certain loser for the defense, arguing, among other things, that Trump’s loss at the initial trial is a foregone conclusion in Washington, D.C.

The district is a deep-blue area and still carries the memory of the Jan. 6 attack. And in the past several weeks, some of Donald Trump’s top legal and political advisers have been privately calling the ....

Continued>

Indictment week is back and taking a toll. Trump looks as fat and ugly as ever, but is wearing more makeup to cover up the fact that he isn't sleeping well and under stress and pressure "like never before" can we indict him to death?

My4LySU.jpeg

NCB4i2r.jpeg

And an update on the last post (#148)

New witness charged, new charges against trump, new indictment, Thank you Jack Smith. Watching live, he attempted to delete surveillance video of the classified docs being moved/hidden. So fucked.

xgFx5eD.jpeg

r8jmjaP.jpeg

Foff3OO.jpeg

Details here

Trump Smashes Own Record With Third Criminal Indictment

A federal grand jury has voted to charge the former president for his role in the effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election
BY RYAN BORT

DONALD TRUMP HAS been indicted again — this time over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election and an anti-democratic campaign that culminated in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

The federal grand jury hearing evidence in the Justice Department’s probe into the scheme to subvert the election results handed up a sealed indictment on Tuesday. A person familiar with the matter confirmed to Rolling Stone that the former president has been informed he is the defendant.

It’s the third time (and counting) Trump has been charged criminally this year. His legal woes will be a central focus of the 2024 presidential election as he desperately tries to make a martyr out of himself and convince America the indictments are part of a vast Democratic conspiracy to keep him from retaking the White House.

Trump is charged on four criminal counts: conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding, and conspiracy against rights. “The Defendant lost the 2020 presidential election,” the indictment reads. “Despite having lost, the Defendant was determined to remain in power.” The indictment goes on to note that Trump “pursued unlawful means of discounting legitimate votes and subverting the election results.”

Special Counsel Jack Smith announced the indictment in a press conference later on Tuesday, describing Trump’s actions as fueling “an unprecedented assault on the seat of American democracy,” referring to the attack on the Capitol. Smith added that his office’s “investigation of other individuals continues.”

Trump is scheduled to ...

Trump Smashes Own Record With Third Criminal Indictment

A federal grand jury has voted to charge the former president for his role in the effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election
BY RYAN BORT
Trump: still leading the 2024 Republican presidential primary race.

Remember when the GOP stood for law & order? ... a long, long time ago.

Wonder if the camera has an orange filter?

RAwfYSX.jpeg

Trump Arrested Again

The former president was taken into custody on Thursday after being charged for allegedly scheming to subvert the democratic process. Here’s everything you need to know about the indictment
BY NIKKI MCCANN RAMIREZ

DONALD TRUMP HAS been arrested again.

Trump was taken into custody at the Elijah Barrett Prettyman Federal Courthouse in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, two days after he was criminally charged for the third time this year. The latest batch of charges comes as a result of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into Trump and his allies’ efforts to overturn the 2020 election, and their role in the events of Jan. 6.

Trump will be fingerprinted digitally, but he won’t have his mugshot taken, according to NBC News. He appear before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya, alongside two of his attorneys, John Lauro and Todd Blanche. Smith will also be present in the courtroom. Trump is expected, of course, to plead not guilty to all charges, as he did at his other two arraignments this year.

“I AM NOW GOING TO WASHINGTON, D.C., TO BE ARRESTED FOR HAVING CHALLENGED A CORRUPT, RIGGED, & STOLEN ELECTION,” Trump wrote on Truth Social earlier on Thursday. “IT IS A GREAT HONOR, BECAUSE I AM BEING ARRESTED FOR YOU. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!”

The 45-page indictment charges the former president with four criminal counts and lays out the Justice Department’s case against him. While allies and attorneys for Trump are already attempting to spin the charges as an unlawful criminalization of free speech, the evidence presented by the DOJ details the plans and actions taken by the former president and his inner circle in the final days of his administration in a last ditch effort to keep him in power.

Many of the details in the indictment were revealed through previous reporting and the House Jan 6. Committee’s investigation, but the DOJ is the first law enforcement agency to lay out a criminal case against Trump over ....

- sanity check -

I've encountered several reports that it's not illegal for Trump to serve as president again, if he wins the 2024 election. - really - ?

ARTICLE 2. SECTION 1.
7 Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:-"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

ARTICLE 2. SECTION 3.
He shall ... take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed

Where's the clause of the Constitution that says: - but if he doesn't, we don't have a problem with that - ?

From the Quotable Quotes thread

"The American people deserve to know that President Trump and his advisers didn't just ask me to pause, they asked me to reject votes, return votes, to essentially overturn the election... I rejected that out of hand." ~
Mike Pence

"I feel badly for Mike Pence, who is attracting no crowds, enthusiasm, or loyalty from people who, as a member of the Trump Administration, should be loving him." ~ Trump

Jack Smith Has an Indictment. Trump Has a Massive Plan for Revenge

For more than a year, the thrice-indicted former president and his allies have been drawing plans to undo Smith's investigations, as well as to punish everyone involved

Back