Trump Gets Triggered By Looming Criminal Charges & Melts Down

The phrase "melts down" in the topic heading came from the article I linked in the OP.
... & thus popular among headline authors.

Worth noting:
unknown to many that are not journalists, article reporters / authors often do not write the headline to their own story.

Also not well reported: the slow but apparently inexorable trend progressing for decades is the evaporation of news reporters / journalists for English language news. *
Thus "news" has become an industry on metaphorical life-support, compared to the more robust news industry of a few human generations ago.

This can result in "overlap" (sharing) between otherwise competing news outlets. In this case it serves as corroboration of S2's insight, and the original source quoted.

* such terms as "station chief" not as common in news reports as it was a few decades ago

A morning tantrum from the big orange baby.

cMpyoZG.jpeg

Completely off the rails

Trump Demanded ‘My Documents’ Back Even After His Lawyers Told Him He’d Be Indicted

The former president refused to accept that a coming indictment over his handling of documents meant they weren't his — and that he couldn't get them back, sources tell Rolling Stone
ADAM RAWNSLEY, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG

LAST MONTH, DONALD Trump’s lawyers told him he was on the cusp of a federal indictment in the classified documents case. But the former president still wanted “my documents” and “my boxes” back, asking some of his lawyers if they could get them from the federal government, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter and two other people briefed on it.

It’s one of many such conversations Trump has had over the past few months, the sources say. In these conversations, Trump also claimed it was “illegal” that he could no longer have the documents seized in the Mar-a-Lago raid. Those materials, Trump insisted, belonged to “me.” Trump has also asked if there are any other possible legal maneuvers or court filings they could try to accomplish this that they hadn’t thought of yet.

For much of his post-presidency, Trump has incorrectly insisted to various aides and confidants that the highly classified documents he continued to hoard were “mine.” In some of these conversations, according to the source with knowledge of the matter, Trump has also mentioned that he’ll get the documents back in 2025 — because he predicts he’ll be president again, and therefore regain unfettered access to the government’s most sensitive secrets.

Earlier this month, Trump was charged with 37 counts of willful retention of classified documents and obstruction of justice as part of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s probe. But Trump and his campaign have insisted that ...

This sends a message to the other attorneys involved in this case - eff around and suffer the consequences.

N5INSL3.jpeg

And if they say no???

Would seem to send a message to the other lawyers who are involved in this.
hmmm ...
"send a message"
"send a message"

OH !
I KNOW !!

DON'T CONSPIRE TO BLOODY INSURRECTION TO OVERTHROW YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT !!

Trump says he's got 4 days to report to the grand jury.
Will federal prosecutors prevent Trump running in 2024? If in 2024 Trump is elected to serve another 4 years Republicans might think Trump couldn't run for a third term. But the constitution says -
Amendment 22:
1: No person shall be elected to the office of President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
In 2016 Hillary Clinton got more votes than Trump. Trump took office because the electoral college shifted the election outcome to him.
The term in the constitution is "elected to the office". Was Trump "elected to the office" in 2016? If the vote of the people determines that, then wouldn't by constitutional law Trump's term from 2025 - 2028 be the first, not the second to which Trump was "elected to the office of president"? Then by constitutional law Trump could run for reelection in 2028, no insurrection required.

EIGHT MORE YEARS

The Constitution makes it clear that the President is not elected by "the vote of the people" but is instead elected by the Electoral College.

The Constitution makes it clear that the President is not elected by "the vote of the people" but is instead elected by the Electoral College.
Indeed.
Perhaps the intended point in t #133 is the Founders established the electoral college. But did the Founders explicitly state which of the two votes renders the candidate "elected to the office"? After all, in Trump's case, they were contradictory.

I won't lose a lot of sleep over this one. But if Trump did try to press this point, however insubstantial it might seem to scholars & laymen alike, is it less substantial than Jan 6?

Your #134 seems quite sensible S2. BUT !! I'm not sure a clarifying ruling on it by SCOTUS would be detrimental. And if they followed t #133's lead, would it be any more outrageous than SCOTUS revoking women's reproductive rights by repealing Roe v. Wade?

Given the current composition of the Supreme Court I wouldn't want to make any bets on which way they'd rule on pretty much anything (except maybe taking away people's rights)

Expect them to start with these:

QVJgvX8.png

Donnie should learn to keep his mouth shut ... we all know he won't but he should learn ...

L22Wi6B.jpeg

Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/07/19/trump-carroll-judge-rape/

Judge’s filing: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.590045/gov.uscourts.nysd.590045.212.0.pdf

Spectacular own goal of a story. Trump tried to latch onto an oddity in New York law to say “hey it’s not like I raped this woman” only for the judge to smack it down with “yes you did, that’s what the jury found.” He could have just shut the fuck up and paid his money and still be spinning this lie just fine. What he was found to have done fits the dictionary definition.

Special Counsel Probes Team Trump’s Jan. 6 ‘War Room’​

The special counsel's investigators are grilling Trump's allies about a series of meetings at the Willard Hotel ahead of Jan. 6, sources tell Rolling Stone

- TIME OUT -

Let's do a wide-angle situation review here.

- President Trump is seeking reelection to the U.S. presidency. He's already lost to Biden, and recent polling indicates Trump would lose to Biden again in a 2024 rematch.
- As S2 #138 demonstrates, Trump is a convicted rapist.
- Trump has dozens of additional charges pending.

Does it really make sense to treat the timing of the 2024 presidential election cycle so casually, in context of this Trump lawlessness?

The obvious risk here is that Trump may win the Republican nomination, and potentially also the presidency. Soon after that Trump may be convicted of a slew of serious federal crimes including those related to the January 6 insurrection.

Can you say "dysfunctional"?
Yes, I knew you could.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's not like nothing can be done about this. Is there a compelling reason not to accelerate the pace of these judicial proceedings, so that the electorate knows the verdicts before the November 2024 election?

Back