Quotable Quotes

"Every booster you take, you're more likely to get Covid as a result of it." ~ Gov. Ron DeSantis
How could we ignore the visionary insights of the CEO of America's downward-drooping peninsula? Bone up on COVID, and you won't want a booster either. - right Ronny ? -

note:
One of the baffling ironies of Republican anti-vax propaganda is, these Republicans are literally killing off their own supporters.
Surely their Democrat opponents wish to beat them. But beat them to death ?!

"There's a great man, a great leader in Europe, Viktor Orban, he's the prime minister of Hungary. He's a very great leader, very strong man. Some people don't like him because he's too strong. It's nice to have a strong man running your country." ~ Trump, on Putin's closest EU ally

I don't want to over-play this S2, but I can't help noticing the parallel between your humanitarian alarm calls about this dangerous malefactor, and the legendary persona of Paul Revere. My continuing thanks for you doing more than your fair share of the work in trying to help US avoid global political cataclysm.
- seriously -
"There's a great man, a great leader in Europe, Viktor Orban, he's the prime minister of Hungary. He's a very great leader, very strong man. Some people don't like him because he's too strong. It's nice to have a strong man running your country." ~ Trump, on Putin's closest EU ally
In this quotation (& countless others) Trump show a little more ankle than he might have wished.
For in this quotation Trump reveals his criterion of "great man".
Trump's definition conflates ruthless, dictatorial, self-serving, unjust infliction of governance with greatness.
"... a tight grip is actually a sign of a weak hand." President William Jefferson Clinton 99/04/07 C-SPAN
Thanks for the warning Donny. But those of us that have paid attention since your inauguration are already painfully aware of this fundamental character flaw of yours.

PS
If you grind Ambassador Haley into the dirt in this primary (New Hampshire primary vote results already trickling in today), let us hope Biden electorally grinds you into the dirt again this November.
450351034111601b13de9b0f7bd36ff1ab17c47.gif

scourge (skûrj)
n.
1. A source of widespread dreadful affliction and devastation such as that caused by pestilence or war.
2. A means of inflicting severe suffering, vengeance, or punishment.
tr.v. scourged, scourg·ing, scourg·es
1. To afflict with severe or widespread suffering and devastation; ravage.
[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman escorge, from Old French escorgier, to whip, from Vulgar Latin *excorrigiāre : Latin ex-, intensive pref.; see EX- + Latin corrigia, thong (probably of Celtic origin).]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

A little corroboration:
"There's a great man, a great leader in Europe, Viktor Orban, he's the prime minister of Hungary. He's a very great leader, very strong man. Some people don't like him because he's too strong. It's nice to have a strong man running your country." ~ Trump, on Putin's closest EU ally #582
HuffPost

Rachel Maddow Exposes The ‘Special Sauce’ Of Donald Trump’s Strongman Pitch​

Lee Moran / Updated Tue, January 23, 2024 at 8:10 AM EST
MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow suggested there is “a very simple reason” that Donald Trump keeps praising authoritarian leaders such as Hungary’s Viktor Orbán during the GOP presidential primaries.
It’s because that leadership style is exactly what Trump is offering if he wins the 2024 presidential election, Maddow told MSNBC colleague Jen Psaki.

A bit obvious perhaps Rache, but in the turmoil of today, clarity is hardly a flaw.

"...Is incapable of solvin' even the sollest, the smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We can't do anything. We are an institute, in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on." ~ Trump on the US, at rally in Laconia, NH

"...Is incapable of solvin' even the sollest, the smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We can't do anything. We are an institute, in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on." ~ Trump on the US, at rally in Laconia, NH #585
a) As it appears on my computer screen, alarming.
b) Would context (location, venue, the words Trump spoke preceding, and following this quotation) help make this quotation seem less alarming?
" even the sollest, the smallest problem." ~ Trump on the US, at rally in Laconia, NH #585
My own personal tongue-tiedness doesn't quite rise to Bush family levels. But, I perceive this as an immediately recognized error, immediately corrected. It's a mispronunciation, not by itself a reason to dismiss Trump's presidential eligibility, in my opinion.

note: I've wondered whether I like the dialogue format in BBS like this, because I (we) can filter out such errors.
"There's no off position on the genius switch." D. Letterman

"A broken clock is right twice a day." Orban is an imperfect leader, as most world leaders are. Orban helped usher the Soviets out of Hungary, and helped Hungary join nato. Trump doesn't like nato, but likes Orban anyway? Alright.

"This is truly a tragic day for America... The perpetrators of this un-American violence and destruction must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." ~ Rep. Elise Stefanik, January 6, 2021

"I have concerns about the treatment of January 6th hostages." ~ Stefanik, January 2024

""A broken clock is right twice a day." Orban is an imperfect leader, as most world leaders are. Orban helped usher the Soviets out of Hungary, and helped Hungary join nato. Trump doesn't like nato, but likes Orban anyway? Alright." #t #587
Yes t #587,
Putin has gotten himself in deep dew. "Any port in a storm."

Putin aims to leave nothing to chance in Russia’s 2024 election​

by Laura Kelly - 12/26/23 6:31 PM ET
Russian President Vladimir Putin is working to eliminate what little political opposition remains to his rule in Russia ahead of the country’s presidential election in 2024.
Putin, who is seeking a fifth term as president in what is almost an assured victory in the March election, has moved to clear any obstacles in his path.
Russia’s Central Election Commission (CEC) last week rejected the presidential candidacy of Yekaterina Duntsova, a former TV journalist, over paperwork errors. Duntsova’s campaign, which is described as pro-peace and pro-democracy, has rejected the commission’s ruling and is appealing the decision through the courts.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4377945-putin-russia-presidential-election-2024/

note: I may have been among the last to know, but Victor Danilchenko observes Putin has been functioning at near dictatorial level for years. Putin is deliberately killing both Russians and Ukrainians every day. He doesn't seem to care.
"This is truly a tragic day for America... The perpetrators of this un-American violence and destruction must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." ~ Rep. Elise Stefanik, January 6, 2021
"I have concerns about the treatment of January 6th hostages." ~ Stefanik, January 2024
Alright.
a) Stefanik is an embarrassment.
b) This is a superb example of how a crooked politician can deliberately appear to be taking a position on principle, but actually is just a partisan hack.

"Nikki 'Birdbrain' Haley is very bad for the Republican Party and, indeed, our Country... Anybody that makes a 'Contribution' to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don't want them and will not accept them, because we Put America First, and ALWAYS WILL!" ~ Trump

"... ALWAYS WILL!" ~ Trump #590
"Never have" may be closer to the truth. Who can name a U.S. president more self-serving than D.J. Trump?
"... we Put America First, and ALWAYS WILL!" ~ Trump #590
In what way does this appeal to Republican primary voters?
They're ignorant enough to believe it?
They enjoy the entertainment value of a U.S. president that lies so conspicuously, and here to fore gets away with it?

There must be an explanation for this superlative Republican popularity, Trump often more popular than all the Republicans running against him combined.

"President Trump has no more control over the thoughts and feelings of social media users than he does the weather." ~ lawyer Alina Habba on her client

"President Trump has no more control over the thoughts and feelings of social media users than he does the weather." ~ lawyer Alina Habba on her client
Really Habba?
And just how many social media users voted for the recent deadly storm that swept North America, killing several? And where did they cast their ballot of approval? How do you reconcile that with the millions of ballots cast that put Trump into office in 2017?

"Mr. Trump in fact sexually abused Ms. Carroll by forcibly and without her consent inserting his fingers into her vagina." ~ Judge Lewis Kaplan, to jury

"Yech." ~ Trump

"If we don't win I think our country is finished." ~ Trump
The as yet unanswered question:
- Does Trump imagine himself to be clever, for concocting his campaign delusions? Or
- Does Trump sincerely believe his own spew?

Trump's delusions such as that quoted above reminds me of a Nazi Holocaust comedy titled:

Life Is Beautiful​

1997 Italian film by Roberto Benigni​

PG-13 · 1997 · 1 hr 56 mins · Comedy/Drama

Life Is Beautiful (Italian: La vita è bella,Italian pronunciation:[laˈviːtaˈɛbˈbɛlla]) is a 1997 Italian comedy-drama film directed by and starring Roberto Benigni, who co-wrote the film with Vincenzo Cerami. Benigni plays Guido Orefice, a Jewish Italian bookshop owner, who employs his imagination to shield his son from the horrors of internment in a Nazi concentration camp. The film was partially inspired by the book In the End, I Beat Hitler by Rubino Romeo Salmonì and by Benigni's father, who spent two years in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp during World War II.
The film was an overwhelming critical and commercial success. It received widespread acclaim, with critics praising its story, performances and direction, and the union of drama and comedy, despite some criticisms of using the subject matter for comedic purposes. The movie grossed over $230 million worldwide, including $57.6 million in the United States, is the second highest-grossing foreign language film in the U.S. (after Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and one of the highest-grossing non-English language movies of all time. The National Board of Review included it in the top five best foreign films of 1998.
The movie won the Grand Prix at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival, nine David di Donatello Awards (including Best Film), five Nastro d'Argento Awards in Italy, two European Film Awards, and three Academy Awards, including Best Foreign Language Film and Best Actor for Benigni, the first for a male non-English performance.
More from Wikipedia

- and -
note: Trump uses the word "we", what he means is "I" (Trump).
"If we don't win I think our country is finished." ~ Trump
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves. - William Hazlitt (1778-1830)

"I hate to tell you this about NATO: If we ever needed their help -- let's say we were attacked -- I don't believe they'd be there." ~ Trump

"Free the J6-ers!" ~ fan at rally
"We will." ~ Trump
"That's why we would vote against you." millions
"I hate to tell you this about NATO: If we ever needed their help -- let's say we were attacked -- I don't believe they'd be there." ~ Trump
How many NYC blocks is Trump Tower from where the WTC twin towers used to stand?
Following the attacks of 09/11/01 didn't French fighter jets patrol U.S. airspace?

In addition, the U.S. is provided global reach by accommodations from our NATO partners. Since WWII the U.S. has had a military presence in Germany, and many elsewheres.

D.J., you're a lame brain.

Back