Quotable Quotes

"We delivered a peaceful transition of power on January 6, 2021, exactly as our Constitution requires." ~ former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

"We delivered a peaceful transition of power on January 6, 2021, exactly as our Constitution requires." ~ former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Human psychology is complicated. I confess I did get the impression what humanity needed to survive the Trump administration was a genuine human in Trump's inner circle. My self-deluding fantasy was that Secretary Pompeo was that man.
I've had to readjust my evaluation of Trump et al numerous times, all ways downward. I'm sincerely sorry Mike.

Not sure what to credit humanity's survival here. "The system"? Anyway thanks for bursting another bubble for me S2.

11% ~ percentage of phone calls IRS answered in 2021

13% ~ percentage answered in 2022

88.6% ~ percentage answered this year, after restored funding

I thought a major reason GOP's offer for wanting to slash the IRS budget was to reduce deficit & debt.

"While it may be intuitive that a 14-year-old has no legitimate purpose, it doesn't actually mean that they're going to harm someone. We don't know that yet." ~ Missouri state Rep. Tony Lovasco, on voting against a proposal that would prohibit kids from carrying AR-15s in public without adult supervision

"While it may be intuitive that a 14-year-old has no legitimate purpose, it doesn't actually mean that they're going to harm someone. We don't know that yet." ~ Missouri state Rep. Tony Lovasco, on voting against a proposal that would prohibit kids from carrying AR-15s in public without adult supervision
2A says "... shall not be infringed." BUT !!

Law abiding citizens are restricted from carrying their weapon into a law courtroom in session. Why? Because it's a metaphysical certitude any citizen that does will kill the judge?

No.

Merely that the elevated risk is deemed sufficient for this non-infringement infringement.
"A government exists when it has a reasonable monopoly on the legitimate use of violence." George Will

"More than a dozen trains have derailed throughout the United States this year. So much for Joe Biden's 'infrastructure' plan." ~ Rep. Jim Jordan

I apologize S2 #109.
My Jim Jordan enthusiasm tire has a fast leak. But for any interested: https://sports.yahoo.com/democrat-uses-jim-jordan-own-233756156.html

muttly-laughing.gif

Quotable Quotes​

"... always darkest just before dawn."
Well if this protracted, monumentally grim pre-dawn dark is an indication, we're due for an incandescently brilliant sun up.

"I can't express how much Americans hate Joe Biden." ~ Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene
Well MTG, I'll help you with that.
Americans hate Joe Biden so much they voted him into the white house not once, not twice, but three times *. Not the way Trump entered, losing the vote but winning the election.
Biden won both, and according to former Speaker Newt Gingrich [R] has so far had a particularly successful presidential administration.

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley alludes to this acknowledging that Republicans have lost the popular vote in seven of the last eight elections. source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/02/15/haley-trump-desantis-republicans-2024/11251975002/

* What other American alive today has more tenure in the executive branch of U.S. federal government than President Biden? MTG, Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.- inspired by Proverbs 17:28

Ash Wed.

"All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return." – Ecclesiastes, 3:20

Ecclesiastes 4:20 as far as I'm concerned.
🌈

Ash Wednesday
n.
The seventh Wednesday before Easter and the first day of Lent, on which many Christians receive a mark of ashes on the forehead as a token of penitence and mortality.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

"They all say, 'Trump's been right about everything.'" ~ Former Guy
In my youth I thought accusingly of Germans for allowing a man like Hitler to rise to power.

Since the Trump administration, I try not to think about it.

ref: Godwin's Law:
A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfeited the argument.

"We're bringing thousands of bottles of water -- Trump Water, actually. Most of it. Some of it we had to go to a much lesser quality of water. You want to get those Trump bottles." ~ Former Guy in East Palestine, Ohio

~ Former Guy in East Palestine, Ohio
You've quoted "Former Guy" more than once.
Does this mean this woman is the recipient of successful gender reassignment surgery?
"We're bringing thousands of bottles of water -- Trump Water, actually. Most of it. Some of it we had to go to a much lesser quality of water. You want to get those Trump bottles." ~ Former Guy in East Palestine, Ohio
Snicker all you like S2. Some may find Trump to be an authoritative source of information on water.

"This is an island. Surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water." U.S. President Trump, Washington DC 17/09/29 11:42 (/ MSNBC) commenting on Puerto Rico in context of the difficulty of providing U.S. federal disaster relief following hurricane Maria

bonus Trump quotation, with comment: "This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." U.S. President Trump 18/09/18 commenting on hurricane Florence
"That statement ... is one of the dumbest we've ever heard, from the standpoint of stupid." political satirist Stephen Colbert 18/09/19

Back