Quotable Quotes

240514a.JPG
And now Biden has agreed to two debates with Trump.
NBC reported one (or both?) will be without live audience.

Was the world this scary in the 80's? And I just didn't care? Because I had to go to work (not yet collecting a pension)?

Sitting on the sidelines self-righteously brandishing sour puss about Trump at best makes one feel good about feeling bad. Silly.

It may seem counterintuitive, but however much disdain Trump critics apply to Trump, it doesn't negate Trump's successful politics. Trump continues to lead in political polls.
"We're, like, the party of fertilization because we are for the women." ~ Trump, speaking about abortion #782
The cost of tuition for this "education" is paid in multiple currencies, prospect perhaps the worst.
None the less Trump may be among the most skilled propagandists currently operating in the English-speaking world.

Watch and learn.
This is a world-class lesson in ruthless anything goes political combat.

"If Biden wins, you're going to have a stock market collapse the likes of which you've never had." ~ Trump in 2020, 3 1/2 years before the Dow closed at over 40,000 for the first time

"If we don't win this [Vietnam] war, the Pacific Ocean will become a red sea." President Richard M. Nixon
a) The U.S. decisively lost its War in Vietnam, fled in a rout. We did not win.
b) Today, almost half a century later, Nixon's uncanny vision of the future is coming true, just as Nixon predicted. Mainland China is aggressively pressing its boundaries in the Pacific, creating islands from ocean sediment, and then claiming territorial sovereignty not only of the island, but of its territorial waters.
"If Biden wins, you're going to have a stock market collapse the likes of which you've never had." ~ Trump in 2020, 3 1/2 years before the Dow closed at over 40,000 for the first time #786
Yes Donald. Such collapse is inevitable, whether Biden won then or now, or not. How many decades do you think it will be? How much sooner would such collapse be if Trump wins?
"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness is that none of his predictions have come true yet." Isaac Deutscher

"President Trump, when he was in office, he underwent testing for his cognitive dissonance." Rep. Lauren Boebert

She should probably learn what that test is used for

"I think he's praying. But if he is sleeping, y'know, he certainly looks pretty while he sleeps." ~ Rep. Lauren Boebert on eyes-closed Trump in courtroom

"he certainly looks pretty while he sleeps." ~ Rep. Lauren Boebert on eyes-closed Trump in courtroom
Donald Trump awake:
1716295757536.jpeg

Donald Trump sleeping:
1716295901915.jpeg *

Fact is, Boebert and I have our differences, political and otherwise.
And while I hate to admit it, Boebert makes a persuasive point here.

Lauren,
You've got obvious talent. Maybe you should run for congress.

* Brad Pitt / Meet Joe Black

oc1f18x.jpeg

"Standing back and standing by, Mr. President." ~ Rep. Matt Gaetz, outside courthouse where Trump is on trial

iirc Trump incited his audience to riot at this January 6 public address seen here:

Jan6.jpg

And hours later came back on camera to instruct his Capitol rioters / henchmen
'Stand back and stand by' words that seem to have inspired the Gaetz quotation above.

Sep 29, 2020 ... President Donald Trump declined to clearly ... Trump tells Proud Boys: 'Stand back and stand by' ... KOIN

note:
It's not illegal to declare "Fire!" in a crowded theater when such public emergency actually exists.

"Thanks to the leadership of Ron DeSantis, Florida continues to be the freest state in the nation." ~ Department of Transportation Secretary Jared Perdue, on DeSantis's ban of any colored lights on state bridges but red, white, and blue

"Thanks to the leadership of Ron DeSantis, Florida continues to be the freest state in the nation." ~ Department of Transportation Secretary Jared Perdue, on DeSantis's ban of any colored lights on state bridges but red, white, and blue
DeSantis got the colors right.
He should be president.

Re #794 - we're just waiting for the "Work will set you free" signs.
In red, white, and blue! Spectacular!
EVERY crematorium should have one !

note:
I can't deny the irony, perhaps hypocrisy of combining "freedom" with such restrictions. BUT:
OTO
a) It is after all a demonstration of executive leadership.
b) No small animals were harmed by the issuance of this edict.
c) It may promote a theme of continuity, coordination within the State.
I wouldn't mind a breast cancer awareness day exception for purple or whatever. I do recognize the exclusionary nature of this.
But on cosmic scale, I'm not sure this one warrants all that much ink.

"The judge hates Trump. Just take a look. Take a look at him. Take a look at where he comes from. He can't stand Donald Trump. He's doing everything in his power." ~ Donald Trump on Judge Juan Merchan

"The political motivation is to rush these trials against President Trump...and to cover it up by saying 'No one is above the law,' that stupid little catchphrase that they love to say..." ~ Trump legal spokesperson Alina Habba

"The judge hates Trump. Just take a look. Take a look at him. Take a look at where he comes from. He can't stand Donald Trump. He's doing everything in his power." ~ Donald Trump on Judge Juan Merchan
"The political motivation is to rush these trials against President Trump...and to cover it up by saying 'No one is above the law,' that stupid little catchphrase that they love to say..." ~ Trump legal spokesperson Alina Habba #798
In my lay opinion anyone with an IQ that soars way up into double digits should detect irregularity here. Whether each can piece it together, another matter.
My suspicion, they either believe as they wish to believe, or they know but don't care. - Sure he's a crook BUT !! He's OUR crook ! -
"I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's gunna be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now." Candidate Trump 15/09/27 to CBS Scott Pelly
Evidently, fulfilling these wild promises not all that important. It's the thought that counts.
Or ... ?

"And we will do it again!" ~ Eric Trump on post claiming the Trump family "gave up everything to Save America"

"Your family has sacrificed nothing, your name will become synonymous with 'Benedict Arnold,' and how dare you tweet this, THIS weekend." ~ former Rep. Adam Kinzinger in response

Back