Photos, vids, etc ....

M9mmYVv.jpeg

1677867244111.png
Some of my Black friends expressed objection to so much television being about Whites.
At first it struck me as over-sensitive, petty.
Decades have passed since then.
Broadcast television now offers such networks as Bounce, which often features Black characters. It's more than just a difference in skin color. There are cultural differences. The humor is different.

Bounce is a showcase for excellent Black talent like Danny Glover, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman (a yachting man) among many others.

The backlashers object to Black Tinkerbell? OK that for generations the character has been portrayed by females? Skin color not gender is the issue?

Why would gender be an issue? After all, the actress playing the part is female.

And if gender was an issue what about the 1960 movie - Peter was played by Mary Martin. [The play originally opened on Broadway in 1954.]

Why would gender be an issue?
In this and not competitive sport?
After all, the actress playing the part is female.
My point precisely, my reason for citing that example.
Too many generations have passed for me to recall, so I refreshed my memory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_Bell

Tinkerbell was Peter Pan's sidekick. It was Peter Pan's character, ostensibly a young boy with the gift of flight. It was young Peter that was traditionally played by svelte ladies, including:

American actress and singer (born 1946)

Sandy Duncan

Sandra Kay Duncan is an American actress, comedian, dancer and singer.

Not sure gender was an issue w/ Tinkerbell.

If men in drag is a problem the idiots banning drag shows are going to have real problems with Shakespeare or even the ancient Greeks. In both cases female parts were played by men.

And heaven forbid that someone wants to stage an English pantomime.

If men in drag is a problem the idiots banning drag shows are going to have real problems with Shakespeare or even the ancient Greeks. In both cases female parts were played by men.
Or a hospital patient in one of those adorable backwards nighties,
or a Muslim man in a thobe,
or a Scotsmen in a kilt,
or the Pope in his Sunday best. Ridiculing the ridiculous as easy as shooting pickles from a barrel.
"Also known as "Thundersnow" ...."
"What in thunder was that !?"
LightningWisconsinQ.JPG
sat·ire (sătīr′)
n.
a.
A literary work in which human foolishness or vice is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
b. The branch of literature constituting such works.
2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose human foolishness or vice.

[Latin satira, probably alteration (influenced by Greek satur, satyr, and saturos, burlesque of a mythical episode) of (lanx) satura, fruit (plate) mixture, from feminine of satur, sated, well-fitted; see sā- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

... and
World
Storyful

'Thundersnow' Rumbles Over Southern Ontario

Lightning flashed in Hamilton, southern Ontario, in the early hours of Saturday, March 4, as a snow storm impacted the region. Local media reported on Saturday morning that about 15 centimeters (5.9 inches) of snow had fallen in Hamilton. Lightning and thundersnow were also reported in Toronto.

S2 #394
It's not Stewart's finest moment.

Part of the cringe factor is simply the mismatch. Stewart is debating a light-weight. It shows. I believe there are more articulate, more persuasive advocates for the pro-gun position.
Gilead #395
Not sure what the intended point is. MD's have a political agenda that is a detriment to the level of healthcare they provide?

Not sure what the intended point is. MD's have a political agenda that is a detriment to the level of healthcare they provide?
It suffices to say that "they're regular".

And not just that - extreme exercise can mean that women can miss periods (or not even have one)

Fortunately it appears that calmer heads have prevailed. At least for now

Back