Photos, vids, etc ....

dl5qL4H.jpeg

He doesn't seem to have thought this thru. He actually wants schools to teach students that his god is a sadistic monster? [And yes, he's a Republican.]

LqpfNVt.jpeg

S2,
I can't keep up.
There's much that goes on that is not reported. It's a mistake for the news-consuming public to assume if the information isn't in their daily feed, it isn't happening at all.

Victor Danilchenko seems confident the U.S. has a viable cyber-war presence, enough to counter Russia, & China. But as we can't know the details, I'm left to hope so.
Putin's tinkering with the 2016 election was reportedly pro-Trump, but inconsequential. I don't find that particularly comforting. In our nascent cyber-verse, disinforming the electorate is dangerously easy, and at least potentially horrifyingly perilous.

It is at very least a doctorate level challenge to the First Amendment.

"Santos! George Santos!" Trudeau #348
The "birthers" told lies about a Democrat. They promoted fiction about Obama.
In #348 Trudeau fictionalizes Santos, a known & admitted liar, a Republican liar.

And yet these are not the same.
Trudeau is not trying to persuade us that Santos is an actual war hero. It's obvious satire.
In contrast the birthers appeared to be serious. Serious enough to have inspired the following:

a)
c4d250044b65a18095d73a5b93248bbfa739853.JPG

b)
d9d253c44262019195f7094b09b4747ea5e0bb2.JPG

c)
bd4253f4866201159b67582c7dd947fb5e3f181.JPG

There are Americans in the Ukraine war. Malcolm Nance comes to mind. Intentionally or not Trudeau contrasts the binge-liar Santos with real American heroes. It's quite a range between them.
Those interested in hearing from a real American hero can find audio & book details here: https://www.wamc.org/search?q=malcolm+nance#nt=navsearch

Like the Red Rascal?
https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Red-Rascals-War/G-B-Trudeau/9781449408206

Red Rascal's War | Book by G. B. Trudeau - Simon & Schuster

Red Rascal's War by G. B. Trudeau - Hot on the heels of his smash 40: A Doonesbury Retrospective, Garry Trudeau is back with an annual collection of ...

I'd missed that one.

ras·cal (răskəl)
n.
1. One that is playfully mischievous.
2. An unscrupulous, dishonest person; a scoundrel.
adj. Archaic
Made up of, belonging to, or relating to the lower classes: "Nor shall the Rascal Rabble here have Peace" (John Dryden).

[Middle English rascaile, rabble, commoners, from Old French rascaille, probably from rasque, mud, from Vulgar Latin *rāsicāre, to scrape; see RASH2.]

rascal·ly adj.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

w3h8Mgn.jpeg

It wasn't just in the US. Canadians of Japanese descent suffered the same fate. I only know one person who spent time in one of those internment camps (he died in 94) but the only time I ever heard him mention his time there was when he was demonstrating a particular newaza (groundwork) technique and told us about how he'd embarrassed an RCMP officer by betting that he couldn't hold him down with one hand - seems the RCMP officer was about 6'5" and sensei was about 5'8". He won (tho I have no idea what the stakes were).

For the record, the technique does work - I've used it in a number of tournaments but most recently I laughingly commented on it to one of the blackbelts in my kids Ninjitsu classes. He didn't think it was possible - he was wrong. But the big difference between the times when I was actively training and that case - afterwards my hand and wrist hurt. Says something about my training in those days.

Last edited:
he'd embarrassed an RCMP officer by betting that he couldn't hold him down with one hand - seems the RCMP officer was about 6'5" and sensei was about 5'8". He won (tho I have no idea what the stakes were).

For the record, the technique does work - I've used it in a number of tournaments but most recently I laughingly commented on it to one of the blackbelts in my kids Ninjitsu classes. He didn't think it was possible - he was wrong. But the big difference between the times when I was actively training and that case - afterwards my hand and wrist hurt. Says something about my training in those days.
We're victims of the ambiguous pronoun S2.

The 5'8" sensei with only one hand pinned the 6'5" RCMP?
Does it involve the pressure point between pinky & ring-finger knuckles, on the back of the hand?

Not at all. To start with, newaza (groundwork) is somewhat akin to wrestling on the ground - in this case the RCMP officer was lying on his back and Sensei simply wrapped his arm around one of the officers and hung onto his belt - hard to describe but simple to do.

ggTtwx9.jpeg

Of course, unless this is an episode of Star Trek that should be fazed.

That said, in 2024 the more likely scenario is a pregnant woman being shot in the belly and being arrested by the Republicans for having an abortion.

S2 #356
Some might think those two are pro-Carter. The latter, even if accurate seems unpresidential.

Carter may be a textbook example of one who was a great man, if not a great president.

"When people ask why I have a problem with religion, it's hard to come up with a single answer ..." S2 #358

One of the great dangers of bias confirmation is the illusion of validity it imparts, as pernicious as it is false.

Please do not mistake this post / comment as an emotion-driven defense of my own personal supernatural delusion. It is not.

Instead this comment is a principled distinguishing between theology and corruption. Conflating the two as in #358 is as wrong as the exploiters of religion which #358 attacks.
It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. David Brin
Is it any wonder that a monstrous pedophile would seek population concentrations of children, such as those in religious schools?
In that case, is the religious school the criminal, or a victim?

It's quite true that for example within the Catholic Church the hierarchy has in defending itself, also defended pedophiles. That's an as yet unsolved problem. BUT:
Is it a defect intrinsic to, inseparable from all theology?
"The fact that somebody over-sells an idea doesn't make it a bad idea. It makes them a bad salesman." Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA ret)
The numerous examples cited in #358 expose the depravity, the perversion of exploiting religions.

Some philosophy (including theology) is counterintuitive. Rev. MLK helped to accomplish what even powerful armies might not, yet MLK accomplished it without firing a shot. (except the one that killed him?)
"Turn the other cheek" is included, for it can succeed where retaliatory striking back might merely escalate.

This is NOT a defense of the tragedy chronicled in #358.
But it may be worth pondering:

- how much worse might it be if those seeking help had no institutional inspiration to turn to?

Atheists frequently accuse religion as the source of these undeniable ills.
Is it not as likely religion is victimized, demonized by these criminals? "Patriotism, the last refuge of a scoundrel"? Religion, next to last?

My condolence to those that have not experienced the inspiration of meeting, knowing friendship with anyone for whom sincere religious belief & lifestyle has been a constructive influence.
Even if they are a minority, they are proof that this blanket / wholesale condemnation of religion is fundamentally hypocrisy, belief in a delusion. Savor the irony.

Back