Uvalde - the followup

1dGx123.png

"The number one killer of children ..." #121
Thanks for this S2.
I don't recall the details, other than I was listening to the radio one day (years or decades ago), heard an "expert" say:

Some parents sincerely committed to the safety of their own child might believe vetoing their own child playing at the home of a neighbor with a gun made sense.
My recollection is, the expert said actually, statistically it's playing at the home with the swimming pool which is the greater danger to that child.
Whether it was a Freakonomics coauthor or not I don't recall.

BUT !!

Cinematographically #121 looks like a thoughtfully composed work of art.
I wonder if it will ever matter. (meaning: was it worth the effort?)(doesn't result in much political / legal action, but at least succeeds in preventing the issue from being forgotten?)

"This is not the day to talk about safety ..." #122
Do I remember this ? A few years ago?

note:
In New York State the governor is an elected position. Not sure what Georgia's problem is ...
... other than the obvious? Guns more important (to Georgia voters?) than children?

10387018_773089182726543_8370823349900418606_o.jpg
"31 school shootings" #124
Looks like an old photo to me. And if the "31 school shootings" stat is as out-of-date as the pic, we're due for an update. Here's a more recent pic.

1726413019905.png

Anyone that's seen a few "westerns" on TV should know, even on the frontier, shooting an unarmed man discredits the shooter.
But massacring children plumbs the limit of self-disgrace.

There have been 417 school shootings since Columbine

Through 2017, the country averaged about 11 school shootings a year, never eclipsing 16 in a single year. But starting in 2018, violent incidents started ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/interactive/school-shootings-database/

Back