Trump Gets Triggered By Looming Criminal Charges & Melts Down

You have to wonder how many of those complaints were simply due to the judge enforcing proper decorum and not caving to Donnie's bootlickers?

ABC1jFt.jpeg

Can Donald Trump Get a Mistrial After Judge Merchan Letter?

Rachel Dobkin

onald Trump's supporters have pointed to the possibility of a mistrial in his criminal hush money case after the Manhattan court flagged a social media post alleging that a juror discussed the former president's verdict outside of the courthouse.

However, legal analysts told Newsweek on Saturday to not jump the gun.

On May 30, Trump was found guilty on 34 counts of falsifying business records related to hush money paid to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels shortly before the 2016 presidential election. Daniels alleges she had a sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, which he denies. The ex-president has maintained his innocence, claiming the case was politically motivated against him. His legal team intends to appeal the verdict.

In a letter on Friday, Judge Juan Merchan, who oversaw Trump's trial, informed the prosecution and defense that a comment was left on the New York State Unified Court System's Facebook page by a user claiming to be a juror's cousin. The commenter said that ...

CONTINUED

" with multiple layers of reversible error, in my view." TURLEY #538
You're not the only expert to say so Jonathan.
The turbulence has reached maelstrom proportions. At this point litigable merit remains an issue. But there may be more consequential concerns.
For example, even if Trump won such appeal, if his courtroom victory was after November 5, 2024, what bearing would it have on the election?

We can deduce this "1000 complaints" is unusual.
How beyond the norm it may be is unclear. Noteworthy to be sure. But without the context of how unusual this may be, difficult to place it in proper judicial perspective.

"Can Donald Trump Get a Mistrial After Judge Merchan Letter?" #542

I don't know enough about system rules to know this. What is the risk / possibility such appeal would take place along with change of venue?

New York State may be misunderstood politically.
As a State New York is reliably "blue", Democrat. But that's a per capita reality. In terms of acreage the vast majority of New York State is quite "red", Republican.
The high population density NYC skews the State, which as in other States in presidential elections is "winner take all".

It wouldn't require changing Trump's appeal venue from Manhattan to Dallas. Slipping it to Syracuse might tilt the outcome.

When you refer to NY as blue the question goes beyond that. Don't forget that Trump is from NYC, a real New Yorker, and people there know what he is.

Has Trump ever carried New York State? In 2016? Or 2020?
"Trump is from NYC, a real New Yorker, and people there know what he is." S2 #544
I'm not playing obtuse here S2, I simply don't know how to interpret this. It could mean one or more of several things:
- Trump is an accomplished liar pretending to be an adequate businessman, but has relied heavily on lying and cheating
- other real New Yorkers know some of this, but not all, or
- other real New Yorkers know Trump is a crook, but don't care, or
- ?

I'm about as much of a real New Yorker as Trump is.
NYC is the most cosmopolitan city I've ever visited.
While I don't much care for the diesel stench, I'm aware of the somewhat deserved reputation NYC has for a culture of untempered candor. I sincerely hope we do not have a reputation for compulsive dishonesty.

Behind a firewall and I don't have a subscription - just a print edition

New York, Once Trump’s Playground, Is Now the Scene of His Indignities

Donald J. Trump was for decades a creature of New York. But in recent years, the city that helped make him seems more eager to break him.

"Behind a firewall and ... " #546
Me too.
I might ...

note:
In the past decade Trump may be the most publicized person in the United States. *
One estimate reported by Trump synchronizing his outrageous comments to the news cycle Trump obtained approximately a $Billion worth of "free" publicity, possibly responsible for Trump winning the 2016 presidential election.
While The New York Times may be held in high journalistic esteem, do we really need today's article to know what a swindler Trump is? "Crooked Hillary"? Deplorable Donald !

* Trump has competition: Netanyahu, Zelenskyy, Putin, ... even the current POTUS. The Donald trumps them all.
- ha -

Interesting read - came across it when I went looking for a way to access the article in #546

How Donald Trump Went From a Diminished Ex-President to the GOP's Dominant Front-Runner

When Donald Trump left the White House three years ago, he was a one-term president whose refusal to accept his reelection defeat culminated in an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol

Judge Aileen Cannon tosses another curveball in the Trump cases #548

"cases" plural.
“Did you, in this litigation, challenge the appointment of special counsel?” Thomas asked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ther-curveball-in-the-trump-cases/ar-BB1nRZzn
I understand the concept. I can't connect Cannon to Thomas here.
Interesting read - came across it when I went looking for a way to access the article in #546 #549
I haven't read it. But based on my limited understanding of the author, I think this book is written for you S2.

HabermanForPosting.JPG

"Judge Cannon strikes paragraph in Trump classified document indictment" #551

"U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon ruled Monday that she will delete a paragraph in the federal superseding indictment against Donald Trump that alleges he mishandled classified materials after he left the White House and thwarted officials’ attempts to retrieve them.
The judge said that prosecutors’ inclusion of paragraph 36 — which alleges Trump showed a classified document in September 2021 about a military operation to someone without a security clearance — is inappropriate because it is not connected to a specific crime that Trump is accused of committing."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/j...mp-classified-document-indictment/ar-BB1nYOjX
OK
That's what's removed.
What's left? Enough to bother with?

Aileen Cannon Hands Jack Smith Ammunition in Trump Case

Story by Ewan Palmer
he judge overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents case has been criticized for one of her recent rulings, which legal experts suggest will be appealed by special counsel Jack Smith.

On Monday, Cannon rejected Trump's attempt to dismiss some of the charges alleging the former president and his two co-defendants, Walt Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira, obstructed the federal government's attempt to retrieve sensitive materials from Mar-a-Lago, Trump's Florida estate, on the basis that the language in the indictment was politically biased. All three have pleaded not guilty to the charges in the case.

In her ruling, Cannon wrote that two of the charges alleging Trump and Nauta withheld or "corruptly" concealed a document during an investigation would require a jury to ....

CONTINUED

Pelosi calls on Trump's family, Republican Party to stage an 'intervention' for him: 'A cult to a thug'​

By Jeffrey Clark Fox News / June 14, 2024 12:06pm EDT

Former House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called former President Trump an "imposter" in an interview on Thursday and asked that someone stage an "intervention" for him.
"He knows he's wacky," Pelosi told MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell. "He knows he's an imposter."
"But I do wish there would be an intervention from his family, assuming they love him beyond the resources … that they would intervene," she said, adding that she also hoped that the "Republican Party would have an intervention."

Amusing perhaps.
Success unlikely.

I'm going to add this link to the Uncle Clarence thread as well

Law 'Requires' Samuel Alito to Disqualify Himself from Trump Case—Attorney

Former federal prosecutor and legal analyst Glenn Kirschner told the co-hosts of MSNBC's The Weekend on Sunday that the law "requires" Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito to disqualify himself from former President Donald Trump's federal election interference case.

Alito, one of six conservative justices on the Court, has faced recent criticism after The New York Times reported in May that an "Appeal to Heaven" flag was flown at his vacation home in New Jersey last summer and an upside-down American flag was flown outside his Virginia home 11 days after Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol building to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden's 2020 election win on January 6, 2021. Both flags have been used as a symbol of ...

CONTINUED

"Law 'Requires' Samuel Alito to Disqualify Himself from Trump Case—Attorney" #555 (just 111 more to go!)

Just look at the federal law that says if a judge or a justice, expressly in the federal law, if their impartiality might reasonably be questioned, the law requires them to disqualify themselves.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-himself-from-trump-case-attorney/ar-BB1okCPS
I'd preferred a quotation from the statutory language. BUT !

Ethics: obedience to the unenforceable

Expecting ethics from Alito is like expecting eggs from a rooster?

[rooster: one who ruses]

Court leaves gag order in place #557
No need for court order.
Trump tells these gags on his own:

"I will build a great, great wall on our Southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall, mark my words." Republican primary presidential candidate Donald J. Trump 15/06/16www.DonaldJTrump.com

"I'm not gunna have time for retribution. We're gunna make this country so successful again, I'm not gunna have time for retribution. And, and remember this. Our ultimate retribution is success." Trump on FOX News Democracy '24 Iowa Town Hall television

gag order
n.
A court order forbidding parties in a legal action, lawyers, witnesses, and jurors, from making statements to the press regarding an ongoing case in which they are participating.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

Synonyms: joke, witticism, quip, crack, wisecrack, gag
These nouns refer to something that is said or done in order to evoke laughter or amusement. Joke especially denotes an amusing story with a punch line at the end: She told jokes at the party. A witticism is a witty, usually cleverly phrased remark: "He said one should treat heavy things lightly and light things with gravity, which became a handy witticism" (Natalie Dykstra).
A quip is a clever, pointed, often sarcastic remark: He responded to the tough questions with quips. Crack and wisecrack refer less formally to flippant or sarcastic retorts: She made a crack about my driving ability; he was punished for making wisecracks in class. Gag is principally applicable to a broadly comic remark or to comic byplay in a theatrical routine: It was one of the most memorable gags in the history of vaudeville.
AHD

Trump says he would give green cards to foreign graduates of US colleges

Republican contender known for his hardline stance on immigration says graduates should be able to stay in the country.
Published On 21 Jun 2024
Former US President Donald Trump has pledged to carry out the largest deportation operation in US history [Jeffrey Phelps / AP Photo]

Former United States President Donald Trump has said he would automatically grant green cards to foreign graduates of US colleges if re-elected, an unexpected turn from the Republican known for his tough rhetoric on immigration.

During a podcast interview with Silicon Valley tech investors on Thursday, Trump promised to make it easier to bring talent to the US and said anyone who graduates from a US college should be able to stay in the country.

a) "automatically grant green cards to foreign graduates of US colleges" Good idea? For what degree? Associate? Baccalaureate? Masters?

b) IF it's a good idea, and IF a president can implement such policy by executive power alone (no help from congress required) is it something Biden should do before November?

The Supreme Court has just given the President unlimited power

They've unwittingly literally signing their own future death warrant, allowing a sitting POTUS to assassinate justices he doesn't like.

P786NWq.jpeg

cSwqdTV.jpeg

5rmmhHF.jpeg

R8abM7B.jpeg

sdSer9P.jpeg

pUlaxXT.jpeg

Have to admit that I didn't believe that this court was that much under Trump's control.

Back