Trump Gets Triggered By Looming Criminal Charges & Melts Down

And it's not just Uncle Clarence
"Uncle"? You mean Associate Injustice Thomas?

Our external enemies are formidable. Russia may not be able to win a nuclear war against the U.S.
But the U.S. can't win a nuclear war either.

But using a MIRV to locate smoldering craters where assets like the White House, the Capitol, and our Supreme Court building once stood would destroy valuable infrastructure.
But it wouldn't destroy the Constitution itself.

That is a danger our external enemies have left to MAGA. And our Constitution may be gone as soon as the day after inauguration day 2025.

A couple of comments that turned up on FB

[The judge] allowed Stormy Daniels on the witness stand for a day. She wasn't at all relevant to the charges. Trump had two witnesses blocked weren't allowed to testify. Trump's witnessed the dead testify was admonished.

All of Trump's objections were overruled.

He was basically violated his six constitutional right because he's never been told what the crime was that he committed.

... because the sixth amendment requires you "to be aware of the criminal charges" and the prosecutor didn't tell the defence what the underlying charge was that allowed the prosecutor to raise the misdemeanors to felonies.

So it's best to ask chat GPT instead of the talking heads because they're being paid by somebody.

It's safe to say that they will appeal. No idea on what grounds tho - I've seen it suggested that Stormy Daniels testimony was sufficiently prurient to allow his team to claim that the jury was unfairly influenced.

Regardless, if he does launch an appeal that's enough to guarantee that a decision won't be reached until after the election.

I don't mind if Trump appeals at court,
as long as he doesn't appeal to November's voters.

In previous elections my forlorn hope to find and vote for a paragon of virtue.
In 2024 my forlorn hope is to find a paragon of adequacy.

240602fns.JPG
Whether or not Republicans are deliberately trying to terminate our Constitutional republic is disputable.
But advocacy such as this is not inconsistent with that objective.

Re #523

I challenged that poster to explain the part about not knowing what crime he had committed and he said that's what the jury instructions said. I went back and reread them - the crime that Trump was charged with was clear - the jury instructions said that while the jury had to be unanimous in finding him guilty they didn't have to agree about motive (i.e., they didn't have to agree on which crime he was trying to cover up).

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

False right-wing reports about Trump trial jury instructions fuel threats against judge

False reporting and social media commentary about the jury instructions in Trump's hush money trial have spurred calls for the assassination of the judge overseeing the case.
By Ryan J. Reilly

False reports about the jury instructions in former President Donald Trump's hush money trial have been spreading across right-wing media, leading to threats against the judge overseeing the case.

Several conservative news personalities, including some affiliated with Fox News, falsely claimed that New York state Judge Juan Merchan, as one Fox News anchor put it in a viral post on X, "told the jury that they do not need unanimity to convict" Trump.

That's not true. Merchan instructed the jurors Wednesday that they "must conclude unanimously that a defendant conspired to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means," adding that they "need not be unanimous as to what those unlawful means were."

That means that jurors have to agree unanimously that Trump committed a crime by engaging in a criminal conspiracy to falsify records with the intent to commit one or more other crimes to convict him. But jurors can choose from three options about what ....

CONTINUED

However unfashionable it would actually be, this Republican -the naked emperor is fashionably attired- conspiracy threatens to make political metaphorical nudity fashionable, the norm.
"Listen, we [the GOP] are the rule of law party. Chaos is not a conservative value. And we have to fight back. And we will, with everything in our arsenal. But we do that within the confines of the rule of law. We believe in our institutions. We are conservatives. And we are trying to conserve the greatest country in the history of the world." Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-LA) on FOX News Sunday 24/06/02

False reporting and social media commentary about the jury instructions in Trump's hush money trial have spurred calls for the assassination of the judge overseeing the case. By Ryan J. Reilly #528
banana Republicans

Trump might not be able to stop that. BUT !! Trump could at least go public, and in a primetime address instruct each and all (supporters & others) to not break any law.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that ...

People
Kyler Alvord Sun, June 2, 2024 at 10:49 AM EDT
Thirty-eight nations, counting the United States, bar felons from entry, according to World Population Review. Those bans stand regardless of whether someone is allowed to retain their passport after conviction.
Countries that turn felons away include several of the United States' strongest allies, like the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada — the final of which will host the G7 summit of world leaders in 2025. The list also includes a number of nations at the center of pressing foreign policy issues, such as China, Israel and Mexico.
Related: Can Donald Trump Vote for Himself? Here’s What Florida Law Says About Felons

On the bright side, if Trump presides from prison, that point would be moo. That's legal talk for they put it out to pasture.

And it begins ...

Newsmax Host Ominously Warns ‘You People in Your Cities’ Who Are ‘Pushing the Party That Owns 90% of the Guns’​

Livestream Abruptly Ends As Laura Loomer Calls For Democrats to be Executed​

Maggie Haberman Reveals One Trump Grievance That Is ‘Never a Topic His Advisers Want Him Talking About’​

‘I Didn’t Say Lock Her Up’: Trump Distances Himself From Call to Jail Clinton​

Trump Guilty: Bizarre Scenes Outside Courthouse After Bombshell Verdict​

"And it begins ..." S2 #530
And it escalates,
only now it goes nucular (is that the correct Republican mispronunciation?).

Donald Trump says hush-money trial 'very hard' on wife Melania​

The former president says he is "okay" with the possibility of being jailed after his New York conviction.

"Laura Loomer Calls For Democrats to be Executed" #530
The broadcast can be cut. But they can't unring the bell.
- The word is out.
- The idea is out.
- Next: the Constitution, & with it, civilization. And that friends & neighbors is how Republicans define victory.

Convicted felon Trump could be banned from nearly 40 countries: report​

Looming over Trump’s conviction: Reversal by the ‘13th juror’

Story by Erica Orden and Ben Feuerherd

Donald Trump’s conviction has raised many political and legal questions, but at least one issue is not in doubt: whether he will appeal.

He might even win.

The former president has made no secret that he plans to challenge the verdict against him in the hush money case — and attorneys say he has an extensive menu of legal avenues to pursue. Some think he has a decent chance of a reversal.

“There is an appeal that could have legs,” said Arlo Devlin-Brown, a former federal prosecutor who was chief of the public corruption unit in the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office.

Trump’s first chance to challenge the verdict will come within 30 days of his sentencing on July 11, at which point he can turn to New York’s First Judicial Department appellate court, not far from where he just stood trial. That court has such broad discretion to review jury findings that it’s sometimes called “the 13th juror.”

Their attack is expected to focus on a few key issues, including the legal theory that enabled prosecutors to transform 34 misdemeanor counts of falsifying business records into a felony case against the former president.

“We are going to take this as high and far as we need to, including to the U.S. Supreme Court, to vindicate President Trump's rights,” his attorney Will Scharf told CNN on Friday.

Unlike the trial that wrapped up with Thursday’s verdict, the appeal may focus on largely arcane legal issues — not the salacious evidence presented to ...

CONTINUED

I'm sure that this is legal (at least in Trump's mind)

TwGnZCv.jpeg

vMg4q96.jpeg

Ooe48IL.jpeg

"Convicted felon Trump could be banned from nearly 40 countries: report" #532

Also some question about whether Florida law regarding voter eligibility for convicted felons applies.

"I'm sure that this is legal (at least in Trump's mind)" #534
Witness tampering?

"prosecutors would need to show that perks or punishments were intended to influence testimony." #534

Correct.
If the "perks or punishments" follow the verdict? In what other case would the $reward precede the performance, the job?

Part I of II

Part II of II

The New Republic
Opinion

Former Trump Lawyer Shatters Republicans’ Big Conviction Lie​

Talia Jane / Tue, June 4, 2024 at 2:36 PM EDT

Former Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina roundly debunked Republicans’ core conspiracy to delegitimize Donald Trump’s 34 felony convictions—that his conviction is a politically motivated attack from Biden—calling it “one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard.” Tacopina’s stinging rebuke was shared during a pre-taped interview with Al Sharpton on MSNBC’s PoliticsNation that aired Monday night.

“This is a state case,” said Tacopina. “This is different than the Jack Smith cases. This is not federal prosecution. Joe Biden—or anyone from his Justice Department—has absolutely zero to do with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. They have no jurisdiction over him. They have no contacts with them. They have no control, certainly, over him. So to say that Joe Biden brought this case is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard. We know that’s not the case. And even Trump’s lawyers know that’s not the case.”
Doubling down, Tacopina added, “People who say that, it’s scary that they really don’t know the law or what they’re talking about.”

note:
This link also includes the same story as reported by The Hill

Bragg’s thrill kill in Manhattan could prove short-lived on appeal

BY JONATHAN TURLEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR
The conviction of former President Donald Trump in Manhattan of 34 felonies produced citywide celebrations. This thrill-kill environment extended to the media, where former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace that it was “majestic day” and “a day to celebrate.” When I left the courthouse after watching the verdict come in, I was floored by the celebrations outside by both the public and some of the media.

The celebrants would be wise to think twice before mounting this trophy kill on the political wall. The Trump trial is a target-rich environment for an appeal, with multiple layers of reversible error, in my view.

I am less convinced by suggestions that the case could be challenged on the inability of Trump receiving a fair trial in a district that voted roughly 90 percent against him. The problem was not the jury, but ...

Donald Trump in breach of £300,000 legal costs ruling after losing UK dossier case against former MI6 spy

A week after his conviction in the Stormy Daniels hush money case, Sky News can reveal the former US president has failed to comply with a UK High Court order in a separate legal matter.
Paul Kelso

Donald Trump is in breach of a British High Court order to pay £300,000 in legal costs to the former spy who compiled a salacious dossier alleging Russian interference in the 2016 US election.

Sky News can reveal Trump has failed to comply with the costs order with Christopher Steele, the former MI6 agent who compiled the infamous document.

Trump was ordered to pay costs in February after the High Court threw out his attempt to sue Mr Steele's company Orbis Business Intelligence.

The former president claimed the report, which included unsubstantiated allegations of bribery and that he used sex workers while on a trip to Moscow, contained inaccuracies and breached his rights under the Data Protection Act.

The judge, Mrs Justice Steyn, did not make any judgment on the allegations but ruled ....

CONTINUED

Back