Trump Gets Triggered By Looming Criminal Charges & Melts Down

"The deal reduced Powell’s charges and carried a sentence to six years probation, payment of $2,700 in fines, an apology letter to the citizens of Georgia, and a requirement to testify truthfully against other defendants in the case." S2 #260

I suppose it's a bargain if the rest fall like dominoes as a result. BUT !! I won't believe that until the entire gaggle of Trump's traitors are wearing horizontal stripes.

Team Trump Never Dreamed Sidney Powell Would Flip on Them

She was the ultimate MAGA conspiracy theorist. Then she got charged with being part of a criminal conspiracy, and her tune started to change
BY ADAM RAWNSLEY, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG

Sidney Powell was the wildest of MAGA diehards — someone who swore long past the bitter end that Donald Trump won by a landslide in 2020, and insinuated that a long-dead Venezuelan dictator helped hatch a plot that flipped votes away from her guy. That’s why the former president and much of his inner circle didn’t think the conspiracy-addled lawyer would ever cooperate with prosecutors seeking to convict the ex-president. “Crazy as she was, she really believed what she was pushing,” a lawyer close to the former president says.

Her extreme convictions apparently weren’t enough to stop her from working with prosecutors seeking to imprison the former president. Powell pleaded guilty in Fulton County on Thursday and agreed to cooperate in the case against Trump.

“[Fulton County district attorney Fani Willis and her team] managed to break the woman who was never supposed to be breakable,” says one of the sources with knowledge of the matter, who has known both Trump and Powell for years.

For months, Trump and his advisers have discussed which co-defendants in the Fulton County case and alleged co-conspirators in the Washington, DC special counsel investigation were most likely to cooperate with prosecutors and turn against him.

Trump, according to two sources familiar with the matter, has been ...

"Team Trump Never Dreamed Sidney Powell Would Flip on Them" AR, AS #262

a) Trump had them colluding with him thereby betraying their nation.
b) Then Trump acts surprised when those disloyal to their nation are also disloyal to Trump?

DJ !
You're as sharp as a bowling ball !

And another one ....

Kenneth Chesebro: Pro-Trump attorney who helped craft fake elector plot pleads guilty in Georgia election subversion case​

By Marshall Cohen, Nick Valencia, Maxime Tamsett and Fabiana Chaparro, CNN

Kenneth Chesebro, a Donald Trump-aligned attorney who helped craft the 2020 fake elector plot, is pleading guilty in the Georgia election subversion case.

The plea deal is another major victory for Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, who charged Trump and 18 others in the effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election results. Thursday, former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell also pleaded guilty.

Chesebro is pleading guilty to one felony – conspiracy to commit filing false documents. Fulton County prosecutors are recommending that Chesebro serve 5 years of probation and pay $5,000 in restitution. He agreed to testify at any future trials in the sprawling election subversion case and write an apology letter.

The plea came shortly after ....

reductio ad absurdum ?
I'm trying to skip ahead to learn where this leads.
Seems to me, they may offer an irresistible plea deal to so many Trump co-defendants that Trump is trapped.

They're pros.
I deduce they know what they're doing. That's far from enough to secure my good night's sleep in this matter. It will have to do until I can drop Trump a note at his San Quintin address.

HuffPo

‘Morning Joe’ Spots Astonishing Moment Trump Gave The Game Away On Courthouse Lie​

The cohosts of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday mocked Donald Trump
for telling a lie — and then contradicting himself just four minutes later.
The former president falsely claimed during a break in his civil fraud trial in New York on Wednesday that it was keeping him from being on the 2024 campaign trail. “I have to be here instead of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, lots of other great places,” Trump whined to reporters. “They want me to be here.”
Trump, however, does not have to be at his trial.
And he gave the game away less than 240 seconds later when asked if he’d return to the courthouse on Thursday.
“Probably not,” he replied. “I have a very big professional golf tournament at Doral, so probably not.”
“Oh my God,” exclaimed host Mika Brzezinski.
Joe Scarborough sarcastically mocked the “injustice of it all.”
“You can’t make it up,” he said. “You can see his mind. He can’t even remember who he is running against. He thinks he is running against Barack Obama, so how do you expect him, four minutes later, to remember the lie he told four minutes ago?”
His cohost Willie Geist agreed, saying, “It’s perfection.”

Cohen says Trump ‘arbitrarily’ made up asset values​

NOW PLAYINGNOW PLAYING VIDEO TRUMP'S FORMER LAWYER TO TESTIFY IN FRAUD TRIAL FROM BBC NEWS
Trump's Former Lawyer to Testify in Fraud Trial

Mark Meadows Spills to Special Counsel About Trump’s Election Lies: Report

The former president's allies are turning on him and cooperating with prosecutors, one by one
BY NIKKI MCCANN RAMIREZ

Mark Meadows has reportedly testified before a federal grand jury impaneled by Special Counsel Jack Smith in exchange for immunity from prosecution in the Justice Department’s election interference case against Donald Trump.

According to ABC News, the former White House chief of staff has testified under oath at least three times, twice before the special counsel’s office and once to a grand jury, regarding the investigation into Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election. Meadows reportedly testified that he had told the former president the election was lost and, according to sources, testified to the DOJ that “obviously we didn’t win.”

Close advisers to Trump have long suspected that ...

"On a scale of 1-10? 15.5" AS #271
Understood.
Not in the least clear to me why all this including the insurrection is being treated so casually. At least "Angry Staffer" gets it. BUT !!
I would like to know precisely what "Angry Staffer" is so angry about.

396329462_7861490327200036_6269708988782953861_n.jpg

I wasn't able to make much sense of today's report on Trump @ law court.

Trump was fined $10,000 and admonished. Then Trump left the courtroom.

We're supposed to believe the noose is tightening around Trump's neck? They've been trying to trick us into believing that for years.

"Some of the comments here are hilarious -" #277
A drowning man will clutch at a straw. - Sir Thomas More

I imagine these crook generated excuses are the best the crooks can make up. "Hilarious" if taken in the context of a serious observation. The crime negates their legitimacy. Desperation negates their pretense of plausibility.

Trump’s Demands for Extreme Loyalty Are Starting to Backfire

“If I went to jail for Donald Trump,” says a former administration official, “I don’t think he would even give [me a] lifetime Mar-a-Lago membership”
BY ADAM RAWNSLEY, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG

THROUGHOUT THE CRIMINAL investigations of Donald Trump, the former president has expected his co-defendants, alleged co-conspirators, and potential witnesses for the prosecution to stay fiercely loyal to him. This has included — according to people who’ve discussed the matter with him — his belief that some of his former lieutenants should risk jail time rather than turn on him.

As he’s faced an array of criminal charges, Trump’s demands for aides and lawyers to martyr themselves for him hasn’t saved him. If anything, it’s done the opposite, driving several possible key witnesses to consider throwing Trump under the bus before he gets the chance to do it to them.

That’s because, as is often the case with the former president, the notion of extreme loyalty only goes one way. Rolling Stone spoke to seven potential witnesses, former Trump confidants ensnared in the Fulton County, Georgia, and federal criminal probes, their legal advisers, and other sources familiar with the situation. All of them say that Trump’s willingness to hang them out to dry has fueled legal strategies focused on self-preservation.

Three of these sources say that Team Trump’s comically unsubtle search for patsies and fall guys — MAGA die-hards who would take the blame and possible prison sentences in lieu of Trump — drove a larger wedge between the ex-president and many of his former fellow travelers.

“If I went to jail for Donald Trump, if I did that, what would that do ....

Back