Quotable Quotes

"These people should be put in jail the way they talk about our judges and our justices..." ~ Trump on critics of the Supreme Court

Viktor Orbán

Prime Minister of Hungary (1998–2002; 2010–present)
Viktor Mihály Orbán (Hungarian:[ˈviktorˈorbaːn]; born 31 May 1963) is a Hungarian lawyer and politician who has been Prime Minister of Hungary since 2010 ...
Starting with the Second Orbán Government in 2010, during his uninterrupted stay in power, Orbán is said to have curtailed press freedom, weakened judicial independence, and undermined multiparty democracy, amounting to democratic backsliding during Orbán's tenure. He frequently styles himself as a defender of Christian values in the face of the European Union, which he claims is anti-nationalist and anti-Christian. His portrayal of the EU as a political foe while accepting its money and funneling it to his allies and relatives has led to accusations that his government represents a kleptocracy. It has also been characterized as a hybrid regime, dominant-party system, and mafia state. ...
His tenure has seen Hungary's government shift towards what he has called "illiberal democracy", while simultaneously promoting Euroscepticism and opposition to liberal democracy and establishment of closer ties with China and Russia.
More from Wikipedia / Wikipedia text under CC-BY-SA license
"Many enemies, much honor." Mussolini

"I watched this poor guy [Zelensky, speaking at the UN], he didn't know what he was saying...It's sad. They just don't know what to do. Because Ukraine is gone. It's not Ukraine anymore. You can never replace those cities and towns, and you can never replace the dead people. So many dead people. Any deal, even the worst deal, would have been better than what we have right now." ~ Trump

"I watched this poor guy [Zelensky, speaking at the UN], he didn't know what he was saying...It's sad. They just don't know what to do. Because Ukraine is gone. It's not Ukraine anymore. You can never replace those cities and towns, and you can never replace the dead people. So many dead people. Any deal, even the worst deal, would have been better than what we have right now." ~ Trump #1,024
This is a useful, constructive comment on Trump's part.
It's a glaring warning about the standards that would be applied to a 2nd Trump presidential term.

Trump's selfish subjectivity projects his own priority of subordinated patriotism. Ukrainian sovereignty doesn't mean much to Trump, so he assumes the same for Ukrainians. You're a loser Donold.

Roe v Wade wasn't enough - next comes Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) and Eisenstadt v. Baird (1972)

Reporter: "Do you support any restrictions on a person's right to contraception?"

Trump: "We're looking at that and I'm going to have a policy on that very shortly. And I think it's something that you'll find interesting. It's another issue that's very interesting. But you will find it very smart. I think it's a smart decision. But we'll be releasing it very soon."

#1,026 Trump
Romney & Trump make an enlightening contrast, opposite sides of the patriotic divide.
Each uses leverage to advance their own fortune.
Romney leveraged Bain, made $millions.
Trump uses political leverage, often with divisive theme, including U.S. / Mexico border xenophobia.
It's a delicate strategy for Trump, leveraging the minority vehemence of the self-righteous & wrong against the more moderate majority.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. - John Philpot Curran (1750-1817)

"Joe Biden became mentally impaired. Kamala was born that way...She's letting in people who are going to break into your door, they'll walk into your kitchen, they'll slit your throat...And in hundreds of little cities and towns...law enforcement is petrified...You'll have a group of Venezuelan killers, street gangs, occupying the town with AK-47s. I know that gun very well. I got to know it very well. I've become an expert on guns." ~ Trump

"And then I have to sit there and listen to her bullshit last night...And who puts it on? Fox News. And they shouldn't be ALLOWED to put it on. It's all lies. Everything she said is a lie." ~ Trump

"There's nobody that's better, smarter, or a better leader than Victor Orban. He's fantastic." ~ Trump
MSNBC

McConnell denounces fellow Republicans for fawning over Hungary’s Viktor Orbán​

Ja'han Jones / Sun, September 29, 2024 at 8:00 AM EDT
https://news.yahoo.com/news/mcconnell-denounces-fellow-republicans-fawning-120000573.html#
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has rebuked fellow Republicans over their disturbing “cult of personality” around Hungary’s illiberal ruler, Viktor Orbán.
Led by Donald Trump, conservatives have spent years fawning over Orbán, someone who has denounced “mixed-race” countries and whose political party has employed antidemocratic means to stay in power.
But tacit support for the Hungarian leader’s bigotry and illiberalism wasn’t why McConnell bashed his fellow conservatives from the Senate floor. Instead, the Kentucky Republican — who didn’t mention Trump’s name once — said he was taken aback by Republicans supporting Orbán despite his apparent allegiance to Russia, China and Iran.
“I’ve spoken before about Hungary’s decadelong drift into the orbit of the West’s most determined adversaries,” McConnell said Wednesday. “It’s an alarming trend. And nobody — certainly not the American conservatives who increasingly form a cult of personality around Prime Minister Viktor Orbán — can pretend not to see it.”

"Oh, there's a fly. Oh, I wonder where the fly came from. See, two years ago, I wouldn't have had a fly up here. You're changing rapidly. We can't take it any longer." ~ Trump, at rally

"Oh, there's a fly. Oh, I wonder where the fly came from. See, two years ago, I wouldn't have had a fly up here. You're changing rapidly. We can't take it any longer." ~ Trump, at rally #1,030
Republicans campaigning for Trump including Sen. Tom Cotton [R-AR] CBS FTN have been promoting Trump on basis of hypotheticals, the Wars in Ukraine and Gaza wouldn't have taken place during a President Trump administration.
Some Republicans have criticized Biden's economy for inflation, but don't dwell on the relationship between that and the COVID-19 recession spawned during the Trump administration. Republican self-indulgence is conspicuous in this Trump campaign.

“It was miraculous.
It was almost no trick at all. He saw to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice.Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required NO CHARACTER"
attributed to author Joseph Heller: Catch 22
"Remind you of anyone?" Craig Ferguson

note:
kudos to Trump.
Donald J. Trump has managed to leverage the absence of personal integrity, literally all the way to #1600 Penn. Ave., W. DC 20500
Many times including on January 6, 2021 Trump has seemed to cross the line. But despite dozens of felony convictions, and much further legal clutter to stagger through after election day, Trump poses a very serious electoral challenge to VP Kamala Harris [D-CA].

Faust (foust) also Faus·tus (foustəs, fô-)
n.
A magician and alchemist in German legend who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for power and knowledge.

[German, after Johann Faust (1480?-1540?), German magician and alchemist.]

Fausti·an (foustē-ən) adj.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

Is it worth it Mr. Trump? You have achieved mightily, but at great cost.
"In this journey, I will never lie to you. I will never tell you something I do not believe." Donald Trump 16/08/18

201107b2.JPG

On Jan. 6, 2021 the U.S. may not have been in greater jeopardy since 1812.
Thus Trump's claim to have won the election was more consequential than mere idle boasting.
"Stop the Steal", "Hang Mike Pence", human life was lost.

Some may find other Trump quotations more pivotal. These quotations contradict one another, thus disproving: "In this journey, I will never lie to you. I will never tell you something I do not believe." Donald Trump 16/08/18

source for the Trump "whisker" comment: Sept. 4, 2024, 10:54 AM GMT-5 By Alexandra Marquez

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, Monday:
"The president just called me yesterday afternoon. I missed him and I called him right back. And he just said, 'Hey, what do you need?'"

Trump, Monday, visiting Valdosta GA:
"The governor's doing a very good job. He's having a very hard time getting the president on the phone. He's been calling the president, hasn't been able to get him."

Biden, on Trump:
"Let me give it to you straight. He's lying."

Walz:
"[Trump] is still saying he didn't lose the election. Did he lose the 2020 election?"

Vance:
"Tim, I'm focused on the future..."

Walz:
"That is a damning non-answer."
1ZwitL4.jpeg

Pretty sure the actual rules are that you're not supposed to lie

#1,035
fine

On substance (meaning factual validity) Walz may have edged out Vance at the debate.
But for undecided voters (the segment of the electorate that will determine this election's outcome) Vance may seem the victor, albeit for reasons of style rather than substance.

Thank you S2. You beat me to it.
Can't help but imagine such explosive disqualifier would have ended a more credible presidential ticket. BUT !
Evidently for the Trump team credibility, honesty, integrity is not an issue. Trump says Biden is the worst president ever. That's all Trump voters need to know.

- confession -
I have Trump fatigue.

What I have not yet figured out:
will the political demise of Trump accompany the demise of the GOP, or
will a political phoenix rise from the smoldering crater Trump leaves behind?

Seems to me genuine political conservatives need a fresh start.

Back