Quotable Quotes

Viktor Orbán

Prime Minister of Hungary (1998–2002; 2010–present)
Viktor Mihály Orbán (Hungarian:[ˈviktorˈorbaːn]; born 31 May 1963) is a Hungarian lawyer and politician who has been Prime Minister of Hungary since 2010 ...
Starting with the Second Orbán Government in 2010, during his uninterrupted stay in power, Orbán is said to have curtailed press freedom, weakened judicial independence, and undermined multiparty democracy, amounting to democratic backsliding during Orbán's tenure. He frequently styles himself as a defender of Christian values in the face of the European Union, which he claims is anti-nationalist and anti-Christian. His portrayal of the EU as a political foe while accepting its money and funneling it to his allies and relatives has led to accusations that his government represents a kleptocracy. It has also been characterized as a hybrid regime, dominant-party system, and mafia state. ...
His tenure has seen Hungary's government shift towards what he has called "illiberal democracy", while simultaneously promoting Euroscepticism and opposition to liberal democracy and establishment of closer ties with China and Russia.
More from Wikipedia / Wikipedia text under CC-BY-SA license
"Many enemies, much honor." Mussolini

"I watched this poor guy [Zelensky, speaking at the UN], he didn't know what he was saying...It's sad. They just don't know what to do. Because Ukraine is gone. It's not Ukraine anymore. You can never replace those cities and towns, and you can never replace the dead people. So many dead people. Any deal, even the worst deal, would have been better than what we have right now." ~ Trump

"I watched this poor guy [Zelensky, speaking at the UN], he didn't know what he was saying...It's sad. They just don't know what to do. Because Ukraine is gone. It's not Ukraine anymore. You can never replace those cities and towns, and you can never replace the dead people. So many dead people. Any deal, even the worst deal, would have been better than what we have right now." ~ Trump #1,024
This is a useful, constructive comment on Trump's part.
It's a glaring warning about the standards that would be applied to a 2nd Trump presidential term.

Trump's selfish subjectivity projects his own priority of subordinated patriotism. Ukrainian sovereignty doesn't mean much to Trump, so he assumes the same for Ukrainians. You're a loser Donold.

Roe v Wade wasn't enough - next comes Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) and Eisenstadt v. Baird (1972)

Reporter: "Do you support any restrictions on a person's right to contraception?"

Trump: "We're looking at that and I'm going to have a policy on that very shortly. And I think it's something that you'll find interesting. It's another issue that's very interesting. But you will find it very smart. I think it's a smart decision. But we'll be releasing it very soon."

#1,026 Trump
Romney & Trump make an enlightening contrast, opposite sides of the patriotic divide.
Each uses leverage to advance their own fortune.
Romney leveraged Bain, made $millions.
Trump uses political leverage, often with divisive theme, including U.S. / Mexico border xenophobia.
It's a delicate strategy for Trump, leveraging the minority vehemence of the self-righteous & wrong against the more moderate majority.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. - John Philpot Curran (1750-1817)

Back