Quotable Quotes

"I'm using that as a figure. I'll say 100(%), 200, I'll say 500, I don't care." ~ Trump, describing how big his tariffs will be #1,060

Trump seems to think the percentage of tariff imposed determines the amount of revenue derived.
"If I run this country, if I'm gunna be president of this country I'm gunna put a 100, 200, 2,000% tariff ...
To me the most beautiful word in the dictionary is tariff, and it's my favorite word." former President Trump at The Economic Club of Chicago 24/10/15 courtesy Bloomberg, broadcast C-SPAN 11:50AM/CT
A 2,000% tariff ?
Perhaps the Donold should google Smoot - Hawley.

Tariffs are ineffective as well as counterproductive​

A new study finds that they fail to reduce trade deficits​

- or -

Trump seems to think China would pay the tariff, provide the additional revenue to the U.S. government.
The counter-argument is the consumer pays it.
The reality is, it's not that simple. Shifts in supply results in shifts in consumption, a fundamental of "supply & demand" economics.

Trump seems to believe that tariffs are paid by "the other guy" (China or whoever). In fact he bragged about how much China had paid in tariffs - UPenn wants their degree back.

" - UPenn wants their degree back." #1,062
- ha -
I don't mind revoking the diploma, provided the hospital revokes the birth certificate first.
United States Constitution
ARTICLE 2. SECTION 1. - 4
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President ...
Dump Trump !

Back