Quotable Quotes

"Merry Christmas to EVERYONE, including the Radical Left Marxists that are trying to destroy our Country, the Federal Bureau of Investigation that is illegally coercing and paying Social and LameStream Media to push for a mentally disabled Democrat over the Brilliant, Clairvoyant, and USA-LOVING Donald J. Trump..." ~ Trump, 12/25/22

"As far as the ATF is concerned, they should be abolished. Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms -- that should be the name of a convenience store, not a government bureaucracy." ~ Rep. Lauren Boebert

"There is no invasion, and there is no such plans." ~ Anatoly Antonov, Russian Ambassador to US, four days before invasion of Ukraine

"Hey Jared! POTUS wants to trademark/own rights to below..." ~ Trump aide Dan Scavino email, days after 2020 election, re phrase "Rigged Election!"

"All of us who didn't have jobs lined up will be permanently unemployed...I'm so mad and upset. We all look like domestic terrorists now... This made us unemployable, untouchable. God, I'm so f***ing mad." ~ from Trump WH Communications Director Hope Hicks' post-Jan.6 texts

"...A refuge of sanity, a citadel of freedom... In captaining the ship of state, we choose to navigate the boisterous sea of liberty, rather than cower in the calm docks of despotism." ~ Gov. Ron DeSantis, on Florida

"The American people -- no matter how you vote -- are sick and tired of drama. And this is nothing but drama." ~ Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, yesterday

"I don't want to see President Trump be just third in line to President. I want to see him actually be President." ~ Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, yesterday

"...A refuge of sanity, a citadel of freedom... In captaining the ship of state, we choose to navigate the boisterous sea of liberty, rather than cower in the calm docks of despotism." ~ Gov. Ron DeSantis, on Florida
The NYC society anecdote this summons to mind:
Feminist, Professor Camille Paglia (CamPag) published a successful book, and was approached (taunted / teased) by Republican columnist Patrick Buchanan. - Congratulations on the success of your book Camille, who wrote it for you? -
CamPag reportedly replied: - I'm glad you enjoyed it Pat. Who read it to you? -

If DeSantis wrote the above quotation on his own, I'm guessing it took him over an hour, and the use of a thesaurus, and perhaps an astrolabe.

"I do want to especially thank President Trump. I don't think anyone should doubt his influence. He was with me from the beginning. He was all in. What he's really saying for the party and the country is we have to come together." ~ Kevin McCarthy, on being voted Speaker

"I do want to especially thank President Trump. I don't think anyone should doubt his influence. He was with me from the beginning. He was all in. What he's really saying for the party and the country is we have to come together." ~ Kevin McCarthy, on being voted Speaker
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

"Nancy Pelosi ran Congress like a prison camp." ~ Rep. Scott Perry

"Finally one less gavel in Pelosi's house for Paul to fight with in his underwear." ~ freshman Rep. Cory Mills

"It's not a vaccine, it's a death shot." ~newly-elected MN State Sen. Nathan Wesenberg on Covid-19 vaccine, calling for Gov. Tim Walz to be jailed

"It's not a vaccine, it's a death shot." ~newly-elected MN State Sen. Nathan Wesenberg on Covid-19 vaccine, calling for Gov. Tim Walz to be jailed
S2 #53
Do you have a persuasive perspective on this? Seems to me one of two things is true.
a) Either Wesenberg is so ignorant he sincerely believes this. - OR -
b) He knows better, but is pandering for votes.

Can't speak to him personally but I do know a few people what actually think this way.

I've got one Facebook friend in particular (was in grade school with him but he went to a different high school and different university) - truly bright guy but he's constantly posting articles that claim to show that the vaccine causes massive increases in cancer, many heart attacks, blood clots .... you name it. And he's far from the only one - just the most extreme.

S2 #55
Caveat emptor is cold comfort in these cases. I (sear) never had an opportunity to vote against Wesenberg. Yet I'm subject to his legislation.
he's constantly posting articles that claim to show that the vaccine causes massive increases in cancer, many heart attacks, blood clots ....
That points to the reputation of his sources.
- If he correctly reports CDC findings that's one thing.
- If he obfuscates non-scientific assumptions made by his neighbor, who bought a chemistry set at a yard sale, I'd be more skeptical.

May you live in interesting times
Apocryphal purported Chinese curse

He's fond of quoting articles from the Epoch Times

Wiki describes it as a far right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement. The newspaper, based in New York City, is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty (NTD) Television.[30] The Epoch Times has websites in 35 countries but is blocked in mainland China.

He's fond of quoting articles from the Epoch Times
Maybe he's sincere, maybe not. But

a) sincere is not a synonym for valid.
b) Beware the man of one book. In my experience that's often a hypnotized Christian fond of quoting holy scripture.
c) Either way it's a red flag for bias confirmation, an explanation for why he may occasionally cite alternate sources, when he finds one that reinforces his prejudice.

I suspect among many, there's a willingness to be deceived. Nope. Not sure why.
Does he drive a Yugo?

Back