Photos, vids, etc ....

Nini #658
Not sure what it's called. In U.S. culture I've observed new generations reach a stage of emotional development where they question or reject their parent's standards. Thus from the 1950's on, music of the new generation has straddled the fence between qualifying as music (by whatever criteria), while annoying their parents. I suspect that's more human than cultural. BUT ! Asian culture differs from that in the U.S. For example in Japan young children misbehaving in public may be told to not do that, for other people won't like them if they do. Thus early on they are culturally indoctrinated.

I don't get a coherent picture from Nini #658 but the signs of rebellion rejection seem evident to me. Not quite sure what to make of the use of the traditional instrument in unconventional way. Reminiscent of wiping ones feet on the national flag?

The other obvious stunner is the platform boots she's wearing. I hope she doesn't try to play basketball in that outfit.

btw, the music itself isn't an album I'd buy. It wouldn't surprise me if many her age in her culture like it, a musical form of sent-marking, like the dog sprinkling on the fire hydrant.

b274d010c696013bf6ec005056a9545d

Reich / S2 #664
"Tax cuts accounted for only about 25% of the deficit." U.S. Vice President Richard Cheney, Sept. 14, '03
And how many $Trillions is that, Richard?

S2 #666 [say it isn't so!] :)

I gather some Republicans want restrictions on "The Pill". BUT ! I don't know of a significant portion of the Republican population actually deem Daniel Penny a "Good Samaritan".
It's not that it isn't easy to demonize a wayward minority. But the GOP is wayward enough on its own. Fiction would only obscure the message.

S2 #664
Sensible.
Secretary / lawyer / professor Robert Reich, counselor to presidents makes a sharp point. Thanks Rob.

over $2 million for Daniel Perry's defense fund.
Go f*** me?

I can't pass judgment on Daniel Penny until I review persuasive evidence of the conduct of the slain before the death choke-hold was administered.
If by its administration / application significant injury to innocent others was prevented, not clear to me how there could be anything but acquittal.

I suspect the indictment was government's effort to preempt the $$costs$$ of police OT to keep snowballing protests non-violent. Easier (& cheaper) to indict the "good sam".

I can't pass judgment on Daniel Penny until I review persuasive evidence of the conduct of the slain before the death choke-hold was administered.

Whether Perry was justified in subduing the victim and/or using the choke that he did is one question. But keeping that choke up for four minutes? There is no justification for that - the guy would have been unconscious within a few seconds. And that would have been obvious.

"Whether Perry was justified in subduing the victim and/or using the choke that he did is one question. But keeping that choke up for four minutes? There is no justification for that - the guy would have been unconscious within a few seconds. And that would have been obvious." S2 #670
I have the vaguest of recollections Penny learned that choke-hold from the United States Marine Corp.
As you may know S2 there's a fundamental difference between military training and police training. They may each be martial art. But often ("generally") police martial art techniques are to subdue and arrest, while military martial art techniques are more likely to be outright lethal.
If Penny learned it from the Marines, they may not have taught, or may not have emphasized the difference in the police technique, vs the mortal combat technique.

I'm not sure if Penny has said it was his intention to NOT kill. However in practical terms, it's a "tiger by the tail" scenario. Without handcuffs, or a Navy man to apply the suspect's own shoelaces or belt as wrist restraints, what's Penny supposed to do? Splash cold water on the angry cat, and then turn it loose to mayhem some more?
I'm not asserting directly that unambiguously justifies homicide in that case. BUT !! What else could Penny do? AND, did Penny know he was committing homicide at that incident?

S2 #673
a) The Republicans do that because they don't want the Saudis to go $broke. As it is they walk around in nightgowns. Can't afford trousers?
b) "Chairman Whitehouse"? That's an unusual name.
And if instead of a name, a title, I wasn't aware the White House had a "Chairman", though typically modern presidents have a Chief of Staff.

NG@NG #675
It's relatively simple to expose these silly notions as folly. But it leaves me wondering.
- Are they really as silly as they imply? Do they really believe their own position is valid?
- If such nonsense is merely rhetorical posturing, that means they actually have a different reason for holding to their position. BUT ! They're so ashamed of it they make up these absurdities to cover for it?

Harrelson #677
You're an air-hole Harrelson. BUT !!
Not the only one infesting the solar system.

A young drunk woman, uncooperative suspect, identified as 25-year-old Jamie Komoroski, who they said seemed to have little idea about what happened or where she was going when the crash happened.
Komoroski has been charged with three counts of DUI causing serious bodily injury/death and one count of reckless homicide.
Komoroski is quoted as having said: "Why me?"

ref: https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-charged-dui-crash-killed-bride-south-carolina/story?id=99267785

Back