What to call this thread?

3rd-strike 'trans' rape suspect prompts rebellion against CA law after attack in women's prison​

Tremaine 'Treymane' Deon Carroll transferred out of women's prison after being indicted on 2 rape counts
By Chris Pandolfo , Michael Ruiz Fox News / June 3, 2024

Women's rights activists speak out against biological males in California prisons

Women's rights activists speak to Fox News Digital after a transgender inmate in California, a biological male, was charged with rape and transferred out of a women's prison back to a men's facility.

A transgender-identified California convict with a lengthy record of criminal violence has been transferred out of a women's correctional facility and back to a men's prison after being indicted for rape.
Tremaine "Tremayne" Deon Carroll, 51, is an incarcerated biological male who identifies as a woman and faces two charges of forcible rape and one of "dissuading a witness from testifying" in Madera County, according to a criminal complaint first obtained by Reduxx, a feminist news and opinion website, and later reported by JustTheNews.com.
One of the alleged victims of the Jan. 30 incident is a biological female, identified as Jane Doe in court documents, who said Carroll attacked her in the shower at the Central California Women’s Facility and raped her. The complaint also mentions another unidentified victim. Carroll has since been transferred to Kern Valley State Prison, a male-only facility in Delano, online records show.

Women's rights activists tell Fox News Digital that Carroll, who was the public face of a campaign to support California law SB 132, which allows transgender prisoners to be housed in a facility consistent with their gender identity, is a case in point why the law harms incarcerated women.
ALMOST 75% OF TRANSGENDER PRISONERS BEHIND BARS FOR RAPE, BRUTAL CRIMES IN THE UK

"Criticizing Parton for declaring “love is love” when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community. She also took issue with Parton not wanting to judge others,."​

Nmj02Zb.png

Parton often defaults to humility as her reason for staying out of politics and partisanship.

“I’m not a good enough person or a good enough Christian to judge and criticize other people,”

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainm...olly-parton-now-her-fans-are-coming-for-them/

fxxCqAZ.png

Miss Maryland USA, an Asian American trans military wife, speaks out against hate

Story by Sakshi Venkatraman
Newly crowned Miss Maryland USA, a Cambodian American trans woman and a military wife, is speaking out against transphobic hate comments she received after winning her title.

Bailey Anne Kennedy, 31, who immigrated from Cambodia when she was 11, said she was inspired to compete in beauty pageants after last year Miss USA lifted restrictions on contestants who are married and over the age 28. She won the state’s title last week and celebrated the win Saturday at Washington, D.C.’s Capital Pride Parade.

“Sometimes the underdog does win in the end,” Kennedy said in an Instagram post following her victory.

Some on social media criticized Kennedy and the Miss USA organization, making transphobic remarks about her inclusion and saying she didn’t deserve to win over the pageant’s cisgender women. She addressed the comments in another Instagram post.

“Not everyone has to agree with ....

CONTINUED

"Bailey Anne Kennedy, 31, who immigrated from Cambodia when she was 11, said she was inspired to compete in beauty pageants after last year Miss USA lifted restrictions on contestants who are married and over the age 28. She won the state’s title last week and celebrated the win Saturday at Washington, D.C.’s Capital Pride Parade." #364
Congrats Ms Kennedy.

My comment here isn't intended as criticism, but more widely as an observation about cultural evolution.
I read some detail that indicated a -beauty contest- was established on the Jersey shore, because boardwalk tourist revenue dropped off after Labor Day.

I imagined the idea of the "beauty pageant" (probably don't call it that anymore) was used by wealthy bachelors to find attractive women.

Evolution happins. I get it. BUT !!
It does raise some fundamental questions about the practicality of a married "Miss Maryland".

Tenuously related, Paul Harvey once reported on a pageant for a mining community. Mining Lead was a major local industry. The winner of the local pageant was crowned "Miss Lead".
- hoo rahhh ! -

Sophie Labelle #366
I think I may be w/ you most of the way on this. BUT !!
We have a good Internet friend, S2. He shared with me a powerful insight, which I'll now attempt to describe (don't recall it well enough to paraphrase).

You tell me why you've rejected Neptune, Loki, & Zeus
and I'll tell you why I've rejected the holy ghost, Christ, and Jehovah.

I apologize for that if bungled.

The focus of #366 seems to be to accommodate rather than alienate gender non-conformers. Splendid. BUT !!

This paragraph is speculation, I don't approximate an authority on this. But doesn't it make sense to allow for the possibility that by "semantic infiltration *" young persons
mistakenly perceive that if they aren't matched to the sex of their body, that they must therefore be the opposite sex of their body. BUT !!
We have heterosexuals. We have homosexuals. For what reason would we exclude bisexuals?
And if such gender diversity applies to that, ought we not exercise caution, where ringing unringable bells is concerned?

* Republicans used semantic infiltration, "pro-abortion". The misnomer persisted for years before Democrats made clear: we are NOT "pro-abortion". We are pro-choice.

First, sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things. A trans individual can be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or whatever.

Second, not sure what you mean by "ringing unringable bells" means but you should be aware that surgery isn't performed on minors. So if that's what you're referring to you can rest easy. That said, failure to administer hormone blockers is an irrevocable decision - the result is a boy with breasts and a period or a girl with facial hair, an Adams apple, a deep voice, and so forth.

But conversion therapy (which is a broad term covering any attempts to change someone's sexual orientation or gender identity) not only doesn't work but is actually harmful. If in doubt google "Leelah Alcorn". For the record, subjecting minors to conversion therapy has been ruled child abuse by the courts.

But doesn't it make sense to allow for the possibility that by "semantic infiltration *" young persons mistakenly perceive that if they aren't matched to the sex of their body, that they must therefore be the opposite sex of their body

Sorry but that's an argument that transphobes make - "being trans is a fad and these kids are being brainwashed" of "give them time and they'll grow out of it" (on that latter point they rarely do - kids who insistently, consistently, and persistently insist that their sex doesn't match their gender rarely do).

First, sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things. A trans individual can be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or whatever.
Indeed.
I believe you've already posted this several times.
Second, not sure what you mean by "ringing unringable bells" means but ...
Ringing a bell is easy.
Unringing a bell is impossible.
"Unringing the bell" is a metaphor for performing anything irreversible.
surgery isn't performed on minors. So if that's what you're referring to you can rest easy. That said, failure to administer hormone blockers is an irrevocable decision - the result is a boy with breasts and a period or a girl with facial hair, an Adams apple, a deep voice, and so forth.
BUT !!
Hormone therapy treats this as a binary:
- male, or
- female.
Generally it would seem hormone therapy is administered to transition the patient from one, to the other.

Reality is more diverse than that.
But conversion therapy (which is a broad term covering any attempts to change someone's sexual orientation or gender identity) not only doesn't work but is actually harmful. If in doubt google "Leelah Alcorn". For the record, subjecting minors to conversion therapy has been ruled child abuse by the courts.
Good.
Sorry but that's an argument that transphobes make -
Even if true, irrelevant to my position, and the argument I make for the benefit of pre-adults.

It's not rocket surgery. It's simple. It's compassionate. It's benevolent. It is non-judgemental. It is simply this:
Avoid irreversible artificial change, where practical, for the statistically best interests of this subset of the national patient population.

The administration of hormone blockers is not irreversible - widely used in cases of precocious puberty simply stop administering them and puberty restarts as per normal.

As I said, failure to administer them is an irrevocable decision. But what they do is give the individual (and their parents, and the team of doctors and psychologists monitoring them) additional time (years actually) to decide what steps, if any, should be taken next.

"From north of the border

Conservative caucus ... is what a CPC government ..." #371

"google" has evolved into a verb meaning to search Internet contents:

The following is a more secure search engine:

1718891668278.jpeg

Checking for "CPC"

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

Climate Prediction Center​

Oct 13, 2023 ... Enter Search Term(s):. Search the CPC. NCEP Quarterly Newsletter · Climate-Weather · El Niño/La Niña

https://www.cpcworldwide.com/

CPC: Quick Connect & Disconnect Fittings | Coupling Solutions​

CPC offers a broad range of quick connect couplings specially designed to meet the unique requirements and regulations of medical applications. Cleaner, faster, ...

https://www.aapc.com/certifications/cpc

Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification - AAPC​

Certified Professional Coder (CPC) is a highly trained certified medical coding professional. Get CPC certification and become a certified coding ...
·

Community Preservation Corporation: Home​

Investing in housing to create more affordable, sustainable, and equitable communities. As a national nonprofit lender and investor, we specialize in ...

https://www.cooperativepatentclassification.org/home

Cooperative Patent Classification​

As announced, the 2024.05 version of the CPC scheme which was prereleased on 2 April 2024 is now in force.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/schedule.html

CPC - Long-Lead Forecast Release Schedule for 2024​

The history of the Climate Prediction Center, its organizational structure comprising the Operations and Analytical Branches, and a staff directory.

https://progressives.house.gov/about-the-cpc

About The CPC - Congressional Progressive Caucus​

The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) is made up of one hundred and one members. It is chaired by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (WA-07), alongside CPC ...

https://www.cpc-nyc.org/

Chinese-American Planning Council - CPC Advancing Our ...​

Chinese-American Planning Council - CPC Advancing Our Community serving Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. Promote social and economic empowerment of Chinese ...

BUT !

I think we get the idea.

Media Alert: PBS Friday

American Experience​

Casa Susanna​

Season 35; Episode 6 (2023)

Documentary

2 hours

CC, DVS, Stereo

TV14
USA Parental Rating
An underground network of transgender women and cross-dressing men find freedom and acceptance at a house in the Catskills region of New York during the 1950s and 1960s.

Check local listings

- fine -
Let's not allow P.C. to schmear us into a fine paste.
Equality under law is essential.
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." Thomas Paine
BUT !
It's a serious, consequential blunder to conflate equality despite skin color, or equality despite genital configuration, or equality despite preference with actual equality. We are not equal.

Thus conscientious P.C.'s are obliged to simultaneously grant all adults equality, while also accommodating differences. DO NOT make the 87 year old woman carry the crate of blacksmith's anvils up four flights of stairs.
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." KJV Matthew7:12 (the Golden Rule)
commonly translated as: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

It's a serious, consequential blunder to conflate equality despite skin color, or equality despite genital configuration, or equality despite preference with actual equality.
Why?

I won't argue that we're all equal because we're not. That said why should we treat skin color any differently than we treat sexual orientation or gender identity?

Why?
I won't argue that we're all equal because we're not. That said why should we treat skin color any differently than we treat sexual orientation or gender identity?
I suspect we're on the same page here S2.
You might like to parse that sentence (or help me with it if I'm wrong & you're right).
"... why should we treat skin color any differently than we treat sexual orientation or gender identity?" S2 #378
We absolutely should not. We must not.
I cited the 3 examples of bigotry to condemn bigotry in its entirety. Meaning, a White guy should not imagine himself not a bigot because he has a token Mexican friend, but is still a bigot against gays & lesbians.
We must ALL be considered equals, even though we're not.

Way to go Dad

jlViTKT.jpeg

Pardon the selfie...this is a big day for my family, ...

Long story short, I used to have a daughter and a son. Now I have two sons. I'm thrilled introduce you all to Auguste!

NdumTVw.jpeg

He came out to us (father, mother, brother) 6 months ago, and has been transitioning with us and his friends. He's just starting to transition more broadly, and today we made the announcement to the extended family. They're mostly very religious, and we do not expect it to go well. Our outlook is "hoping for the best, prepared for alternatives."

Photo taken in my home office by my whiteboard, which Auggie has loved to write and draw on from a young age. His scrawls have been the topic of many meetings.

9OJqKr6.jpeg

Since coming out, I've seen him come alive after multiple years of depression and anxiety. He's funny, smart, and an amazing artist. Most importantly, he's a kind, good person. He supports his friends and his family, and is always looking for ways to make someone's day better. It breaks my heart that those closest to him will likely not support him, as he's always been there for them.

DqSXoAq.jpeg

This is Auguste at his first art show, earlier this year (April). He was invited to display some of his work at the local college (as a high school junior!). If you want to check out his amazing digital art and paintings, you can find him on instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/the_blueberrie_fairy/

You may notice a focus on F1, which is something we've bonded over this past year. He's a huge McLaren fan and I'm a Ferrari stan. Fred Vasseur, if you're reading this, get your head out of your ass!

qSzK9wS.jpeg

As is the custom, I present to you one Harley tax. She is the goodest girl.

P.S. - Auguste, I love you, and I am so proud of you. I know I tell you every day, but words aren't enough. I'm sorry that the world will likely never understand you, and that you will have to fight for your place more than others. But you've proven again and again that you're more than up for the challenge. Keep being you, no matter what the world says. And when they do say "stop that," look down from your mountain of success and say, "I can't hear you up here, you'll have to speak up." - Dad

Back