What to call this thread?

Here's something else for the bigots to lose it over

e586aa300efe637036fddb67e0f4c27a37a359f5074227df403da1bc70794806_1.jpg

"Here's something else for the bigots to lose it over" S2
Karma is mysterious. Some imagine it to be the dynamic work of a Heaven-dwelling god kept busy punishing & rewarding us through our terrestrial journey.

I don't know all the details, though some obvious points appear. We reap what we sow.

Bottom line: I'm not defending discrimination. But if the bigots wish to tizzy themselves to a frazzle, misdeed self-punishment seems equitable karma to me.

"According to the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Crime, Security, and Law: “stochastic terrorism involves ‘the use of mass media to provoke random acts of ideologically motivated violence that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable.’”"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...hen-a-non-binary-student-was-killed-on-campus
"No right is absolute. Conversely, no government authority is absolute." lawyer, law Professor and former ACLU head Nadine Strossen

The First Amendment does not protect divulging State secrets, perjury, or inciting to riot.

Holding citizens to account for their speech won't solve this problem. But it's likely to help. What sense does it make to have law against hate speech, if those laws are not enforced?

sto·chas·tic (stō-kăstĭk)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or characterized by conjecture; conjectural.
2. Statistics Involving or containing a random variable or process: stochastic calculus; a stochastic simulation.

[Greek stokhastikos, from stokhastēs, diviner, from stokhazesthai, to guess at, from stokhos, aim, goal; see stegh- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

IT WAS NOT A FIGHT .... IT WAS MURDER!​

U63MAWN.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...one-day-fight-high-school-bathroom-rcna139643

This wasn't a fight, it was a premeditated murder and nothing else.Unfortunately too many people are engaging the Republican war on ANYBODY who isn't a White, cisgender, heterosexual "christian".

It's literally warping peoples minds into murder!

et's get the hate out of political discourse!There are exactly 257 days until Decision 2024 and there is lot's to be done!

First things first .... register to vote / check your registration ... vote.org

"First things first .... register to vote / check your registration ... vote.org" #265
"Vote early & often." Chicago political mantra

Murder is not a new category of crime.
Murder for non-standard sexuality, also not new.
But on the current scale? Not since Hitler? Remind you of anyone?

Apparently the authorities are "studying" the situation before they decide what charges, if any, should be laid.

Sorry but Nex was beaten and died as a result - there is no question that this is murder (the issue is whether or not it should be first or second degree, and whether or not this was a hate crime.

There's also the question of the school's liability - they refused to call an ambulance.

In the previous millennium some incarceration facilities were called "penitentiary".
George Carlin among others expressed reservation about how penitent the residents actually were.

The debate continues, whether such incarceration is to punish the convict, and or to discourage future prospective criminals, unresolved.

But this unresolved perspective seems to hint of an underlying futility. Perhaps that's what Stan Kubrick wrestled with in A Clockwork Orange.

pen·i·ten·tia·ry (pĕn′ĭ-tĕnshə-rē)
n. pl. pen·i·ten·tia·ries
1. A prison for those convicted of major crimes.
2. Roman Catholic Church
a. A tribunal of the Roman Curia having jurisdiction in matters relating to penance, dispensations, and papal absolutions.
b. A priest whose special function is the administration of the sacrament of penance in a particular church or diocese.
adj.
1. Of or for the purpose of penance; penitential.
2. Relating to or used for punishment or reform of criminals or wrongdoers.
3. Resulting in or punishable by imprisonment in a penitentiary: a penitentiary offense.

[Middle English penitenciarie, penance officer, episcopal prison, from Medieval Latin pēnitentiāria, feminine of pēnitentiārius, from Latin paenitentia, penitence, from paenitēns, penitent; see PENITENT.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

No question - Bigots gonna bigot ...

New bill would convict teachers of felony, put on sex offender list for trans support

A new Missouri bill would make it a felony offense for school teachers or counselors to support or contribute to the social transitioning of a transgender minor. The proposed law would also have an offender be placed on the sexual offender registry.

Social transitioning, as defined in House Bill 2885, is when an individual adopts a name, pronouns and gender expression -- such as clothing or a haircut -- that does not ...

"New bill would convict teachers of felony" ...
My 2nd reaction to this:
United States Constitution: Art.5: Ratified December 15, 1791
No person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ...

So to my knowledge any statute that declares a citizen a felon without due process is unConstitutional by federal standards.

My 1st reaction:
Wouldn't it be charming if every single teacher subject to this bill if it becomes law, suspend by whatever means necessary, whether that means catching a cold, or outright resigning, on the explicit condition that they will not return to work as a teacher in the State of Missouri until the Missouri State constitution declares any such law / all such law within the State of Missouri to be unconstitutional.

note:
significant portions of the U.S. population seem to have gone mad.

So to my knowledge any statute that declares a citizen a felon without due process is unConstitutional by federal standards.
Due process in this case would be simple and the trial would be short.

Q: Did the teacher in question break the law? (i.e., call the student by their preferred name, point them to a support center, whatever)
A: Yes

Guilty as charged.

Gandhi developed, and MLK mirrored civil disobedience. Gandhi arranged for there to be so many in violation of the laws of their imperialist rulers there wasn't enough jail cells to retain them all.
Overwhelming Missouri sounds like a children's game. Will teachers demonstrate it to also be child's-play?

I doubt it.

S2 #276,
Please pardon me if I seem short-tempered here, it's no reflection on you, or your admirable patience as a champion of the victims of the unjust.
But it's the pseudo-cons that are the bad guys here. They are the ones that pretend to favor smaller, less intrusive government, that surge toward authoritarian government for their perception of remedy to their perception of a social ill.
They're the ones practicing brinkmanship here.

If teachers were as over-abundant as atmospheric Carbon it would be a different issue.
But teachers are in demand, and in short supply, and good teachers as scarce as hen's teeth.

These Missourable pseudo-con social engineers may wish to acquaint themselves with the law.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination,

I understand what a sacrifice it would be for 60% of the teachers in Missouri to hold their services hostage until policy sanity is restored.
Tough break.
That's life.
I suspect many if not most Russians don't want to be at war. And they don't like the unending supply of Russian corpses from the Western front.
I'm confident most Ukrainians don't want war. But given the choice between war, or surrendering to a monster like Putin, they've opted to fight on.
For Missouri's teachers the options may not seem all that much more appealing. But it is the hand god has dealt them. Play on good teachers in Missouri.

brink·man·ship (brĭngkmən-shĭp′) also brinks·man·ship (brĭngks-)
n.
The practice, especially in international politics, of seeking advantage by creating the impression that one is willing and able to push a highly dangerous situation to the limit rather than concede.

"Gender non-conforming" #279
(y)
I've been wondering S2 whether we can get a glossary up, around here.
If you think there's enough material for that narrow category of content, meaning not a discussion forum but a reference forum, I'll open one up. What shall we call it? GLOSSARY ?

Back