Trump Gets Triggered By Looming Criminal Charges & Melts Down

I sincerely believe some self-perceived objective observers manifest political bias but not recognizing it as such.

Perhaps I'm guilty of this, meaning if it was Joe or Hunter Biden I might have a more lenient view. BUT, it isn't.

I'm not married to the ~$half-$Billion figure we started with. If it was too high, they shouldn't have done it in the first place. BUT !
This biz of cutting it in half once or twice seems to me to impress on it an amateurish, banana republic appearance.

Business Insider

Trump saved millions by keeping court in dark about billionaire's bond offer: report​

Katherine Tangalakis-Lippert / Fri, April 5, 2024 at 10:46 PM EDT
  • After his team cited hardship in securing funding, Trump's civil fraud trial bond was cut to $175 million.
  • ProPublica reported a billionaire businessman offered to post the original $464 million amount due.
  • By failing to report the offer, Trump's legal team may have violated ethics rules, ProPublica found.
Donald Trump's recent complaints about being unable to afford his civil fraud trial bond may have been misleading to the court, according to a new report from ProPublica. ...

What happens now?

... "Attorneys who violate the law or fail to abide by this code of conduct are subject to discipline, which may include admonishment, reprimand, censure, suspension or loss of his or her license to practice law," the NYSBA website reads.
Two legal experts told Business Insider that if Trump's attorneys knew of the negotiations surrounding Hankey's offer as they appealed to the court for a lower bond amount, it would likely be an ethics violation.
"If Trump's lawyers knew it was possible for him to secure a bond for the full amount when they filed their appeal, then their misrepresentation may be an ethics violation and a fraud on the court," former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani told Business Insider. However, he noted it would be difficult to prove what Trump's lawyers knew and when they knew it.

"Should Trump's lawyers be found to violate this rule, they should expect an ethics charge be levied against them, which can result in anything from a private letter in their file all the way up to a suspension from practice," Lieb told BI.
He added: "Moreover, the timing of when they found out isn't relevant because according to the rule, they need to take reasonable remedial measures to correct the falsity of the evidence or statement, even if they learned of it after the fact."
The Trump campaign, lawyers representing the former president in his civil fraud case, and Knight Specialty Insurance Company representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Business Insider.
Read the original article on Business Insider

This report indicates if any take the heat for this apparent fraud, it'll be Trump's attorneys, not Trump.

The Daily Beast

Trump’s $175 Million Bond Is Even Shadier Than It Looks​

Jose Pagliery / Mon, April 8, 2024 at 4:46 AM EDT

The little-known insurance company that rescued Donald Trump by providing a last-minute $175 million bank fraud bond isn’t just unlicensed in New York; it hasn’t even been vetted by a voluntary state entity that would verify it meets minimum “eligibility standards” to prove financial stability.
Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts who reviewed the contract for The Daily Beast.

So why is this guy running around loose?

The Hill

Former top military officers push back on Trump immunity claim​

Nick Robertson / Tue, April 9, 2024 at 9:32 AM EDT
More than a dozen retired four-star generals, admirals and other former military leaders filed an amicus brief with in the Supreme Court on Monday, arguing against former President Trump’s claims of immunity in his criminal cases.
The group said Trump’s claims “would threaten the military’s role in American society, our nation’s constitutional order, and our national security,” and would have a “profoundly negative effects on military service members.”
The former president’s attorneys have argued that the charges against Trump related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol should be thrown out because he was acting as president at the time. Prosecutors have denounced the idea as a “novel and sweeping” claim.

The brief’s signatories include former CIA Director Michael Hayden, retired Adm. Thad Allen and retired Gens. George Casey, Carlton Fulford, Craig McKinley and Charles Krulak.
The group argued that granting Trump immunity against the criminal claims could open the door to future executive intervention in the country’s elections and could put national security at risk.

U.S. military members including commissioned officers swear an oath of fidelity to both the Constitution, and to the Commander in Chief *.
Active duty military officers are discouraged from commenting on presidential politics.

Retired officers? Different

* ARTICLE2. SECTION 2.
1) The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States ...

but not the Air Force, or the Space Force. ;)

BTW - as one of the comments re that post said "he's just said that they had enough evidence three years ago"

And this is coming from someone who has been doing his best to stall everything.

BTW - as one of the comments re that post said "he's just said that they had enough evidence three years ago" S2 #427
Kudos to our public servants. A constructive talent would likely increase their own $fortunes more rapidly in the private sector. BUT !!

Those that take public office for private gain (does Trump come to mind?) at the expense, to the detriment of those they ostensibly serve, are bottom of the barrel. They're traitors.

Walt Nauta's Unsealed FBI Interview Raises Questions

Story by Sean O'Driscoll

FBI agents repeatedly asked Trump's valet if he was being coached not to reveal too much information, a newly released interview transcript shows.

In the May 2022 interview, Trump's valet, Walt Nauta, was asked by two FBI agents if there were details that he was leaving out because of his loyalty to Trump.

The agents also suggested that, as Nauta was trained to follow orders, some people will try to "take advantage" of that and convince him not to say too much to ...

CONTINUED

The trend regarding evidence against Trump seems to be accumulating rather than diminishing.
What I find so terribly embarrassing is how many millions still enthusiastically endorse Trump anyway.

Will Trump be the first CEO of the USA to serve from prison?

btw
The political landscape is littered with former Trump associates that didn't sink low enough to satisfy Trump. Pence?
- yup -
He's on the list.

http://bloom.bg/dg-ws-core-bcom-m1
By Bailey Lipschultz / April 13, 2024 at 10:00 AM

A rocky start for Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. shares has wiped out $4.5 billion in market value in just a couple of weeks. But
it will have to lose a lot more than that to put at risk the massive special bonus due to the former president and his corporate insiders.

As part of the startup’s blank-check deal, Trump Media insiders — Donald Trump himself is by far the largest holder — will divvy up 40 million new shares if the stock trades can stall their latest slide, regulatory filings show. The so-called earnouts, which can be a standard part of deals involving special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, are designed to reward the original investors, but they also punish ordinary shareholders by diluting the value of their stakes through the issuance of millions of extra shares.

vyyaLwh.png

"Trump contends Merchan 'hates me' and should be removed from the case." #432
sear contends if Merchan 'hates Trump' Merchan should be" given the key to the city.

Who knew that going bankrupt in Atlantic City was a stepping stone to the White House? – Bill Maher

"Can’t anyone stop the orange moron? I’d vote for Bushe’s left shoe if given the chance. At least with a shoe you can rip the tongue out of it whenever necessary." Mary O'Leary January 22, 2017

- or -

A swastika has been spray painted over Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Police say it’s impossible to tell if the act was committed by Trump’s opponents or supporters. – from r/Jokes SuperCub

American politics: The two most unpopular people in the country get to stand for president and the one with the least votes wins. – James Doleman

Fox News is incredible because I have never seen so many people with spray tans hate people of colour. – Hasan Minhaj

Have you read Trumps new book? Mein Kampf Is Bigger Than Your Kampf? – Jeff Ross

Trump hasn’t said one crazy thing. He’s said thousands of crazy things, each of which blunts the effect of the others. It’s the bed of nails principle.
If you step on one nail, it hurts you. If you step on a thousand nails, no single one stands out, and you’re fine. That is how Donald Trump has managed to say pretty much anything in this campaign, seemingly without consequences. – John Oliver

‘Donald Trump’ anagram
‘tan dump lord’

We live [in] a world where there are warnings on bottles of bleach — we have to tell people not to drink bleach.
In that world, Trump can be president. – Ricky Gervais

Trump and Putin are such close friends that they finish each other’s elections. – Stephen Colbert

restaurant menu: Trump sandwich
white bread…full of baloney… Russian dressing and a small pickle and white American cheese…served by a Mexican

inspired by: https://blogofthebeardedone.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/2016s-sharpest-funniest-trump-jokes/

"voir dire"
To the degree Trump is contemptuous of the process, I'm sympathetic.

I'm puzzled / alarmed / baffled. I thought the Constitution enumerated a criminal defendant's right to a jury of his "peers".
I thought the word "peer" or "peers" was in our amended Constitution. Repeated character string searches indicate it is not.

None the less:
United States Constitution B.O. R. ARTICLE #6: Ratified December 15, 1791
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed ...
Trump may be deficient, deplorable, even guilty. BUT !
The Constitution Trump tried to infringe promises Trump "an impartial jury".

How is that possible in Trump's unique case?
There may not be a lot of fence-sitters. But how many viable juror candidates are there that haven't formed an opinion of Trump over the past decade?

voir dire: selecting members of a jury

True - I'm sure it's going to be pretty much impossible to empanel an impartial jury - the best they're going to be able to do is find jurors who claim that they'll rule on the evidence and not base their decision on what they read in the press

DAILY BEAST

Trumpland

Trump Trial in Chaos: Second Juror Axed in One Day​

Jose Pagliery

Jose Pagliery​

Political Investigations Reporter
Updated Apr. 18, 2024 1:02PM EDT / Published Apr. 18, 2024 10:05AM EDT
A photo of Donald Trump

Jabin Botsford/Reuters​

The troubles plaguing Donald Trump’s first criminal trial in New York City and its anonymous jury are starting to mount, as two jurors bowed out after details of their personal lives revealed in court drew public attention—and potentially a target on their backs.
At the start of the day, a nurse slotted as “juror number two” said details reported by news outlets allowed her to be identified by friends, scaring her enough to want to avoid serving on the most significant trial in the country’s history.

"I like conflict." Trump early March 2018

Back