Quotable Quotes

He's referring to this
Or a "brutal operation" ...
The operation he's referring to is the one he references here

npL4cXR.png

"What are the chances of that happening? Frankly, I know you're going to say it's a terrible thing to say, but...she would not have been the Chosen One. She would not have been the Chosen One." ~ Trump, on why it's impossible he sexually assaulted accuser Jessica Leeds

We receive a subtle but powerful message when satire is overshadowed by its target.
The ["brutal"] operation he's referring to is the one he references here

Indeed.

a) Trump is campaigning for president suggesting policy positions based upon his own assessment of prevailing conditions.
b) Trump is fundamentally outright WRONG about the prevailing conditions. And thus
c) Trump's suggestions about what to do about them, immaterial.

Regarding "brutal":

bru·tal (brtl)
adj.
1. Extremely ruthless or cruel.
2. Crude or unfeeling in manner or speech.
3. Harsh; unrelenting: a brutal winter in the Arctic.

brutal·ly adv.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

My intended counterpoint was rescuing a person from gender mismatch is not "brutal", it's the opposite of that, it's compassionate.
Columbine, Sandy Hook, & Uvalde were cited to prod Trump & MAGAs into realization of what is actually "brutal" in our public schools.

Apparently Trump is too far gone, beyond the reach of rational information / persuasion.
Trump is apparently more comfortable with his delusions, as are about half the U.S. voters. Huston, ... got a minute?

"Sandy Hook .... killing children ... bearable" #984

Pyrrhic victory
n.
A victory that is offset by staggering losses.

[After Pyrrhus.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

"I didn't quite make it, just a little bit short." ~ Trump, on 2020 election, 8/22/24

"He beat us by a whisker." ~ Trump, to Moms for Liberty, 8/30/24

"I lost by a whisker." ~ Trump, to podcaster Lex Fridman, 9/3/24

The Daily Beast

Opinion: MAGA Turns on Trump for Admitting He’s an Election ‘Loser’
The Daily Beast / Sun, September 8, 2024 at 6:00 AM EDT
White nationalist Nick Fuentes may have once dined with former president Donald Trump but he has now turned on him for finally admitting that he lost the 2020 election to Joe Biden.
“He’s admitting… ‘I lost by a whisker’. So what was the point? What’s the point of any of it you lost in 2020? Seriously? What are we even doing anymore then? You’re a loser… you lost to Joe Biden, you deserve to be charged. If he admits that he lost, then that actually vindicates the… DOJ charge against him because the charge is that he knew he lost, but he lied to defraud the people. That’s the DOJ’s charge. So why did we do stop the steal?” Fuentes said.

"prosecuted" #986

"I'm not gunna have time for retribution. We're gunna make this country so successful again, I'm not gunna have time for retribution. And, and remember this. Our ultimate retribution is success." Trump on FOX News Democracy '24 Iowa Town Hall television

Splendid the Donold.
But then it seems we need a tie-breaker. Which is it D.J. ?

IamNeverWrongWisconsin240907shrink.JPG
Trump at campaign rally in Wisconsin the weekend before the 24/09/10 debate

O K
Thanks for clearing it up for us sir.
Good luck to your debate opponent tonight sir, and for the next 9 years.

"They say, 'He rambled and started talking about Hannibal Lecter. What does that have to do?' That's a representative of people that are coming into our country." ~ Trump, who seems to think that asylum-seekers come from mental asylums

"Who cares what somebody's family thinks?" ~ J.D. Vance, on 1st Lt. Jimmy McCain, John McCain's son, criticizing the Arlington incident and endorsing Harris

~ Trump, who seems to think that asylum-seekers come from mental asylums #988
- o m g -
!
Really ? I'm nowhere near stupid enough to have figured that out.

Oddly (or not) the Trump / Lecter sound-bites seemed to me to be simple nostalgic non-sequitur, pure ramble in the 2024 presidential election campaign.
If the above quoted explanation is true, it's even worse than that. AND !

Latest polling data indicates dead heat. 49% 49%

? !

"That was the best debate, personally, that I've ever had...A very important debate. Now she wants to do another one because she got beaten tonight, but I don't know." ~ Trump

It seems Trump's attitude toward his debate mirrors his attitude toward his 4 year presidency: blunder atrociously, flagrantly boast victory, move on.

"That was the best debate, personally, that I've ever had...A very important debate. Now she wants to do another one because she got beaten tonight, but I don't know." ~ Trump

"If I destroy her in the debate, they'll say Trump suffered a humiliating debate tonight," he told a crowd of MAGA faithful on Saturday.

Donald:
It's not too late to endorse Kamala. You'd be in good company if you did.

"We're getting polls that show 88 to 11. We're having a lot of great polls. Lots of polls. You see the polls. The polls are indicating we got 90%, 60%, 72%, 71%, and 98%." ~ Trump, in the spin room

Futurism

Elon Musk Makes Embarrassingly Stupid Claim: If Trump Loses, Humanity Will Never Make It to Mars​

Victor Tangermann / Wed, September 11, 2024 at 3:15 PM EDT
In a stunningly idiotic tweet, Musk asserted that "every great endeavor, from high-speed rail between our cities to making life multiplanetary," would be made "effectively illegal" if vice president Kamala Harris were to beat former president Donald Trump in the upcoming election.
"We will never reach Mars if Kamala wins," he added.

"We're getting polls that show 88 to 11. We're having a lot of great polls. Lots of polls. You see the polls. The polls are indicating we got 90%, 60%, 72%, 71%, and 98%." ~ Trump, in the spin room

"When a Fighter gets beaten or knocked out, they get up and scream, 'I DEMAND A REMATCH!' Well, it's no different with a Debate. She was beaten badly last night. Every poll has us WINNING...so why would I do a Rematch?" ~ Trump

"I'm trying to decide if I want to go on record and the answer is yes. I think he loses because of this debate performance." ~ longtime Republican pollster Frank Luntz

"We're getting polls that show 88 to 11." Trump #995
Who's "we"?
What polls?
What's the polling question?
What's the M.O.E.?
We're having a lot of great polls. Lots of polls. You see the polls. The polls are indicating we got 90%, 60%, 72%, 71%, and 98%." ~ Trump, in the spin room
It takes time to design a valid poll.
It takes time to poll a population about an event.
"Trump, in the spin room" How soon after the debate was this comment made? Had enough time elapsed to enable the conduct of such poll, the data to be collated, and reported to you for inclusion in these post debate extemporaneous remarks?
"When a Fighter gets beaten or knocked out, they get up and scream, 'I DEMAND A REMATCH!' Well, it's no different with a Debate. She was beaten badly last night. Every poll has us WINNING...so why would I do a Rematch?" ~ Trump
Because it's a tight race. If you won as decisively as you claim, another ostensible trouncing of KamHar might be the deciding factor in whether you win November's election.
"I'm trying to decide if I want to go on record and the answer is yes. I think he loses because of this debate performance." ~ longtime Republican pollster Frank Luntz
Thanks for the Frank answer.

"There's no putting lipstick on this pig. Mr. Trump was crushed by a woman he previously dismissed as 'dumb as a rock.' Which raises the question: What does that make him?" ~ Karl Rove

"There's no putting lipstick on this pig. Mr. Trump was crushed by a woman he previously dismissed as 'dumb as a rock.' Which raises the question: What does that make him?" ~ Karl Rove
Love you Karl.
Didn't used to though.

note:
Pay attention amateur presidential historians. From the debate to the election we are witnessing what in aerobatics is known as the downward spiral portion of the "crash & burn" maneuver. Trump / Vance = (n)

"[Kamala Harris] never worked at McDonald's...They went in, they investigated it...The Fake News ought to report that she's a liar...It's a big thing, because it tells you that they lie -- they lie about everything...Total lie. That's the way they do it." ~ Trump, lying

"[Kamala Harris] never worked at McDonald's...They went in, they investigated it...The Fake News ought to report that she's a liar...It's a big thing, because it tells you that they lie -- they lie about everything...Total lie. That's the way they do it." ~ Trump, lying
And therefore what?
Kamala Harris did work at McDonald's?

1 out of 8 Americans have worked at McDonald's including astronauts and best-selling authors​

By Joseph Lamour | TODAY Published October 12, 2023

McDonald’s, with its more than 13,000 locations in the U.S. alone, is known for being the first job many teens have, with many folks keeping the Golden Arches as their place of employment well into adulthood. Now, a statistic from the fast food giant serves as inspiration for a new initiative by the 68-year-old company,
On Oct. 11, McDonald’s announced a project based on a surprising statistic: 1 in 8 Americans have worked at a McDonald’s restaurant.

Not clear to me why it's worth mentioning either way. Should we think better of Harris if she'd never been employed?

Back