UqXUlqA.jpg

"I'm totally eating people's dogs and cats" Kennedy #1,361

"Kennedy"?
Consider the following "widespread misconception":

Ich bin ein Berliner

Ich bin ein Berliner

1963 speech by U.S. President John F. Kennedy in West Berlin

Summary

"Ich bin ein Berliner" (German pronunciation:[ɪçˈbɪnʔaɪnbɛʁˈliːnɐ]; "I am a Berliner") is a speech by United States President John F. Kennedy given on June 26, 1963, in West Berlin. It is one of the best-known speeches of the Cold War and among the most famous anti-communist speeches.

There is a widespread misconception that Kennedy accidentally said that he was a Berliner, a type of German doughnut. This is an urban legend which emerged several decades after the speech, and it is not true that residents of Berlin in 1963 would have mainly understood the word "Berliner" to refer to a jelly doughnut or that the audience laughed at Kennedy's use of this expression – if nothing else because this type of doughnut is called "Pfannkuchen" (literally: Pan cake) in Berlin and the word "Berliner" is only used outside of Berlin.

More from Wikipedia

I like the severed grizzly bear head in the background. BUT !!
How'd they manage to hunt such a cat without getting dirty?
Where are their guns?
Why no obvious (fatal) injury to the cat, like an entry or exit wound?
Does this mean Melania is getting free soon? #1,363
Define "free".
In the $sense that $matters, it depends on Melania's prenup. Let's hope she takes him to the cleaners.

Imagine if Melania got so $much from the divorce settlement Donald could no longer afford the "T" on the Trump Tower sign. *
I suspect that cat weighs ~120 lbs.
That's too heavy for that son-of-a-Don to hold like that. Where'd the pic come from? Thereby hangs a tail.

* Gary Hart dropped out of the 1988 presidential race, for the same kind of behavior in #1,363.
Is Trump so ignorant he doesn't know this?
Or is Trump so desperate his own assessment of the risk doesn't seem to distinguish it from the rest of Trump's campaign & lifestyle?

* Gary Hart dropped out of the 1988 presidential race, for the same kind of behavior in #1,363.
Is Trump so ignorant he doesn't know this?
Or is Trump so desperate his own assessment of the risk doesn't seem to distinguish it from the rest of Trump's campaign & lifestyle?
Trump's sycophants don't care. And Hart's behavior was far less blatant than this.

hartrice.jpeg

Besides, Donna Rice was far more attractive

And this is the sort of individual that is (supposedly) representing the public

0BGKd8G.jpeg

While arguing against a 2023 bill providing Minnesota students with free breakfast and lunch, Drazkowski said he had "yet to meet a person in Minnesota that is hungry", had "yet to meet a person in Minnesota that says they don't have access to enough food to eat", and that "hunger is a relative term".[9] A video of Drazkowski making the comments went viral on Twitter and led to national coverage. The bill's sponsor, State Senator Heather Gustafson, tweeted that "1 in 5 students in Sen. Drazkowski's district qualifies for free and reduced lunch" ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Drazkowski

And this is the sort of individual that is (supposedly) representing the public

Senator Steve Drazkowski from Minnesota #1,368

Klobachar & Smith are Minnesota's two U.S. senators. So I deduce Drazkowski is from the Minnesota legislature.

Not sure what the other side of the Drazkowski coin is here. Starve the children to balance the State budget?

Not quite ready to give Drazkowski an incomepooh. For now I'll give him an incomplete. Doesn't look good though Steve.

Trudeau #1,370
Even if not a metaphysical certitude, an implication of a political candidate substantially relying on lying in political campaign suggests two things:
- the lying candidate's confidence in the validity / viability of his own platform
- If he's unethical enough to swindle his way into office, what sort of performance should we expect if elected?

Reportedly Harris has deviated from the truth. That's not good.
But it's becoming increasingly doubtful Trump knows the truth, independent of whether he has the integrity to tell it.

None of that renders legitimate any inaccuracy disclosed by Harris.
But I'm not aware that the underpinnings of the Harris / Walz campaign is falsehood and misrepresentation.
I've seen no persuasive indication Harris / Walz have formulated plans to turn the U.S. Department of Justice into retribution machine,
or that they intend to overthrow the United States Constitution.

And then he spelled "potatoe" at which point we all realized just how dumb he was
Something wrong with spelling it correctly?

po·ta·toe (pə-tātō)
n. pl. po·ta·toes
a. A perennial plant (Solanum tuberosum) in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in South America and is widely grown for its starchy edible tubers.
b. A tuber of this plant.

[Spanish patata, alteration (probably influenced by Quechua papa, white potato) of Taíno batata, sweet potato.]

NOT a real Dictionary, Just a silly joke !!
Lloyd Bentsen will be remembered for his interchange with Dan Quayle in their vice-presidential debate in 1988, in which Quayle, a Republican senator, compared himself to President Kennedy. Bentsen, a Democratic senator, replied:
"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy." https://www.npr.org/2006/05/23/5425248/senator-youre-no-jack-kennedy

Back