Photos, vids, etc ....

e2c7b250aeec013bef64005056a9545d

#581: Reportedly the most investigated crime in U.S. history, though that may exclude the War between the States, the JFK assassination, ...
I'm confident the timeline may be the most comprehensive, as neither the Civil War nor much beyond the Zapruder film documented these other historic events. The proliferation of cell-phones (and thus cell-phone videocams) provided investigators an excellent 4D view of Jan. 6 / Capitol.

S2 imgur #584
Problem is, even if authentic it presents the potential appearance of a setup.

Alone05a.JPG

S2 #586
The building behind the suited grad. doesn't look like a "public" (government) school. Perhaps it's merely the venue for the prom. BUT !!
If so, would the school dress code apply?

I'd like to know what specific wording within the school dress code prohibits fashionable attire. If none, a lawsuit for the petty authoritarian/s that exceeded their authority. Problem is, not easy to get a lawyer for such a case.

btw:
In the previous millennium psychologist Joy Browne commented on broadcast radio that in U.S. culture cross-dressing for men is less acceptable than for women. Her on-air example: if a man showed up for work in a dress or skirt, it might cost him his job. But if a woman shows up in suit & tie (her actual on-air example) it's widely accepted.

womanInSuitTie.JPG

She may indeed be a cross-dresser. No objection.

In the #586 graphic, the grad. might have been admitted without the jacket. But I suspect in that specific case it's personal, that there's a history involved.

Re #588

Schools are free to set their own rules for proms. And some can be pretty "extreme". I've read about schools that were checking what sort of panties girls were wearing under their gowns - seems thongs were a no no (never occurred to them that the idea was to avoid any sort of visible panty line).

As for the suit in #586 - that would be perfectly acceptable in any office I've ever worked in so I suspect you're right when you say that there's probably some history involved - she's openly gay or some such.

Re #588
... when you say that there's probably some history involved - she's openly gay or some such.
I suspect so. It's their parting twist of the knife, needlessly sadistic in my opinion. I did not attend my senior prom, nor did I give it serious consideration. BUT ! I gather for some it's a major event. Thus for these dictatorial petty officials to deny this young lady admittance seems a severe penalty for such a shallow malicious agenda. "Peter Principle"?

Bitter, implausible experience astounds me at how eager petty government officials can be, to impose their will dictatorially, sadistically, maliciously. I see it all too frequently.
Psychologically I suspect a redirected vengeance motive. But psychology is at best part science, part art.
Obvious example, I googled Rorschach, hoping to learn something about applied psychology. But it was just a bunch of pictures of my parents fighting.
29f25384cc6d41df949728b326d3880fa4428de.gif

ps #588
I think the young fashion model looks splendid in that suit. I wonder what she looks like without it.

We never had a prom per se. Just an end of year dance and it was no big deal - in my case I was competing in a judo tournament several hundred miles away so it would have made no difference in any case.

Yeah. Similar story with me. BUT !! Let's not overlook sexual dimorphi.
I got a glimpse of the divergence between "he" & "she" when I heard a co-worker explaining the $Half $Million $cost of her wedding. That's a one day party, albeit perhaps in rented clothes.
The thought that crossed my mind: If I had a $Half $Mil in the bank I'd "retire" (at age 34) ("retire" at that age may mean a career change). Meaning, I could live quite comfortably for a decade or two on a half million dollars.

My intended point: onlookers, persons that are not the scrawny one in #586 may be callously indifferent to the grad. being excluded from the celebration. BUT !! It was obviously important enough to the grad. to show up in a suit for it.
So even if seemingly inconsequential to you or me, it may be a bigger deal to the grad.

Bottom line: it's an error to evaluate this by projecting our own subjective world-view. It may (or may not) have been important to the victim.

S2 #593
Perhaps particularly in context of the anti-vax hysteria, it seems stupendous to me how rapidly multiple COVID-19 vaccines were created, propagated, distributed, and administered in much of the Western world. Reportedly, not by eliminating safety protocols, but by common sense efficiency. Amazing.

I wish they'd get tick bite vax into doctor's offices that quickly.

When the horseless carriage debuted on America's unpaved roadways critics warned automobile proliferation would spell the end of the buggy whip industry, and the fine craftsmen that populate it.
They were right.

Dogs are still useful for a variety of post Drug War roles:
- "bomb-sniffing"
- tracking, locating escaped prisoners
- helping to find survivors in disaster rubble
- many etceteras

BUT !!

For pro-Drug Warriors, for devotees of martial oppression and the martial usurpation of the Creator endowed, Constitutionally enumerated, unalienable right of Liberty, any excuse will do, INCLUDING ... "it'll put police dogs out of work".
"... changing the definition of marriage would undermine the family structure." U.S. President Bush (younger)
In poker it's called a "tell". It's an inadvertent disclosure.

When these ridiculous assertions are made, it seems to me they appear to be tantamount to confessions of illegitimacy. Amusing, but ridiculous.

When the horseless carriage debuted on America's unpaved roadways critics warned automobile proliferation would spell the end of the buggy whip industry, and the fine craftsmen that populate it.

They were right.
Thing is, if those companies had determined that they were in the transportation business and not the buggy whip business they could have adapted. And survived.

Back