Photos, vids, etc ....

LCoirYA.png

S2 #245
I've encountered a lot of comparisons between Trump & Biden on classified docs. Many differences. Among them,
- it seems Trump deliberately took the documents, and perpetrated obstruction necessitating an FBI raid to retrieve them.
- Biden seems to have some guilt. I doubt his secretary would have left classified docs in Biden's 'vette.
- But I'm not aware of Biden doing much obstruction about it.
- Even if Trump gets a pass on violating security protocol, Trump may get nailed for obstruction. Nixon didn't lose his office because of the Watergate break-in. Nixon lost his office because of the cover-up.

Indeed, looks like they either go to the same barber, or each got their head caught in the same food-processor.

S2,
I don't know enough about brain development to know what the potential risk is of such training for so young a student. In any case what the picture does not show is if the kid (or the adult) has all the other training, including rules of engagement.

The U.S. is in a precarious spot. The Constitution was enshrined in law between the time the gun was invented, and when the automobile was invented. Guns & cars are both deadly weapons. But the Constitution enumerates the right to "keep & bear arms". Thus, the number of automobiles and guns in the U.S. may be about the same.
The requirement for drivers licenses is universal. The requirement for gun licenses is not.

Amending the 2nd Amendment might seem the optimal approach. That's not going to happen. So I suppose the next best is to promote proficiency, or at minimum, adequacy among gun owners.

Personally I "feel" uneasy about that video. But best case scenario it may not be so bad. Worst case scenario, the kid learns how to swap magazines, but fails to refine his marksmanship, or may not even know how to acquire the proper "sight picture" (aim).

Dark side observation #1: it's not very good training. The trigger finger never penetrates the trigger guard. The idea of swapping magazines in combat is after the magazine in the gun is empty. It's not going to empty without pulling the trigger. The training depicted in the video may be merely one step in a more comprehensive training program. But as depicted it'll displease both anti-gunners and pro-gunners alike.

If you'll pardon a further comment from the dark side: the graphic is labeled / titled: "... how a 6 yr-old thinks of using a gun, conceals, and then successfully shoots his teacher ..."
That's bias confirmation.

a) The child in the video is not operating concealed.

b) There is such thing as "shoot to wound". It's vehemently discouraged in all the training I've ever gotten.

c) The teacher survived the shooting. With adequate firearms training that would not be the case.

Finally, I'm not sure what to make of the child's thumbless operation of the slide. He may not have the physical strength, or physical size to operate the slide from the rear, with thumb grip. But in any case his thumbless slide grip may potentially block the ejection port, potentially increasing the risk of a jam. I doubt that's simply an oversight, poor training. Instead I suspect it's an accommodation of the anatomical limits of a shooter that age & size. And that's more or less the issue w/ it at all.

Bruce Willis / Die Hard / bare feet (no broken glass)

Failing grade for bad pun?
goat01.JPG

Anyway S2, still think religion is only about making people feel better?
So the life-cycle is:
- Christmas tree
- goatypooh
- fertilizer
- Christmas tree

Turned up on my FB feed:

Me-So you worship a god that preached tolerance, the brotherhood of man, love and forgiveness?

Them-You’re damn right we do!

Me-And you don’t see a conflict with his teachings and carrying guns?

Them-Let me tell you something boy. If we were there with our weapons Jesus would never have been crucified.

Me-So Christ wouldn’t have died for your sins and according to your faith you’d all be doomed to an eternity of damnation.

Them-Wait… what?

Must be careful to clarify the appreciation. It's not an endorsement of the whitewashing of
U.S. history, or the contributions of Martin, Malcolm, and Harriet. Civil rights
is human rights. The graphic is a sad if pointed comment.
1674589150723.png

The following excerpted from U.S. Presidential candidate Libertarian Andre Marrou's
1992 stump speech.

The annual subsidy for each American dairy cow is between $600-$700 dollars a year.

This is greater than the per capita income of half of the worlds population. And what do

we get for that? We get a price for milk and other dairy products that's double the

world's level.

Who does this impinge on? Primarily poor people with children. Rich people could care

less what the price of milk is. Poor people without children, they don't use much milk.

It's the poor people with children who are primarily hurt by this.

That's 30 years ago, I never fact-checked it. I'm not sure the numbers matter.
I think the broader point may be enough.

"When I test drove an $87k Model X a few years ago I couldn't get passed the basement molded plastic interior, cheese dick styling and obnoxious road noise in the cabin. Tesla prices are so far beyond the quality of construction it's all making sense now."

u2ZYMIR.jpeg

Back