Cops behaving badly ...

Not all crooked COP news is horrid ...

Ex-policeman Derek Chauvin stabbed in prison​

Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says​

faviconV2

Derek Chauvin stabbed by inmate in federal prison, seriously injured: report​

https://www.foxnews.com/us/derek-chauvin-stabbed-inmate-federal-prison-seriously-injured-report

Do you suppose the public servant that attended to this detail sliced off a little? To supplement their prison diet? Thanksgiving dessert?

Seems he should have taken this advice ....

"... stabbed ..." ST #202
I've got ST's The Art Of War in PDF. I couldn't find this quotation in that source, meaning ST might have said it elsewhere. Over the long term, karma seems to hold sway.
... for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galations 6:7

Premature to declare defeat, BUT !!
extrapolate the trend, and law abiding citizens imperil themselves simply by calling the police, by reporting a crime.
As #204 and countless others indicate, a government $paycheck is a license to kill.
Those we have empowered to provide us benefit of law have multiplied our jeopardy.

And thus we careen ever closer to anarchy.

meanwhile:

Key takeaways from the federal report on the Uvalde massacre
By Brad Brooks / January 18, 2024 6:55 PM GMT-5

Jan 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Thursday released its report on the 2022 Robb Elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that saw 19 young students and two teachers killed.
Here are some of its key findings:

ACTIVE SHOOTER​

The report found that "the most significant failure was that responding officers should have immediately recognized the
incident as an active shooter situation" and not treat it as a "barricaded subject" scenario.

Does this reduce the explanation for police failure (refusal) to respond, to one of two explanations?
- Stupidity
- Cowardice

Or a 3rd explanation?

The above quoted article continues:
"Ever since the 1999 Columbine High Shooting in Colorado, officers have been taught that "the first priority must be to immediately neutralize the subject," the report stated.
"This did not occur during the Robb Elementary shooting response, where there was a 77-minute gap between when officers first arrived on the scene and when they finally confronted and killed the subject," the report read.
The report says the gunman fired off 45 shots in the presence of officers - making it clear that he was an ongoing and active threat.

- global backslide -

"Uvalde victims experienced 'unimaginable horror' in scathing report" #207
Over an hour elapsed before on scene agents took action.
An hour's a long time when waiting for the bus. When there's gunfire in a school ... ! A massacre in progress !
"Not sure if I should laugh at this one or not" #208
"To laugh often, and love much, to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to give of ones self, to leave the world a lot better, to have played and sung with exaltation, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803 - 1882
Laughter is in short supply S2. I wouldn't forfeit the opportunity for laughter, except when it's at the expense of others.

The headline is misleading (thus the semblance of the comedic).
The United States Marines were not asking for assistance with the clean-up, or perhaps even to undo a crash. The contact was established to expedite communication as soon as the crash site was located. BUT !

Superficially it does seem snicker-worthy.

Not exactly cops but ....

KV9zG2t.jpeg

THERE’S MORE! Order today and the pieces of shit will also include a section criminalizing sleeping on the streets as well as considering those sleeping on property to fall under the umbrella of belligerents that can be acted against in the stand your ground law reform they are purposing. Whiiiich also means it could be a valid legal argument to shoot someone you *think* is homeless. Or at least you could claim you thought… They’re giving qualified immunity to hunt them.

"… They’re giving qualified immunity to hunt them." #210
I couldn't / wouldn't attempt to contradict that S2, BUT:

a) This is not just one imbalanced personality with a deranged hatred. This is a functional plurality within a democratic system.

b) Why ?!
Are the "unhoused" urinating in the legislator's coffee ? - or -

There's a missing puzzle piece here.

"That's the whole idea ..." #212
Human conduct can be both comprehensible: he "shot up a Palestine solidarity protest with a nail gun", yet simultaneously have inexplicable motive. We know precisely what he did, but do we know why?

In this case I'd guess beverage ethanol was a factor, particularly if the nail-gun was pneumatic.

sandwichpolice.jpg

It's a cliche' to underestimate one's enemy or opponent, in this case Trumpies.
Is there a better explanation than that those that would elect dictator Trump simply haven't thought it through?

They may believe our Constitutional republic would be improved by abandoning our Constitution.
I suspect their self-congratulatory delight under dictator Trump would be short-lived.

fS1joNL.jpeg

actyATy.png

3hBuCb3.jpeg

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” and u know why,, ohh, the best part -- we are told there is an agreement here — a "social contract" — between government agencies and the taxpayers and citizens.

This looks like systemic failure to me.
None of these 3 bring cheer. But the following has me wondering: did the shooter have military training?
Some police departments may operate by "shoot to wound" standards, or provide more firearms training in target identification, or provide lethal fire only to the bad guys.
Other police departments do not.

I can't constructively address the other two.
This one has me wondering whether U.S. military veterans are a PD hiring preference. I suspect so, if half-century old memory serves. Is, or was.

Properly trained police should have detailed target identification training and practice including exercise if necessary. Such training is safe and inexpensive, displayed on large video screens.
I can understand in a "lead in the air" incident the military training may be to kill.
Under stress we tend to revert to earlier, more familiar behavior patterns.

This #217 graphic raises an obvious question. What are the stats? What's the name of such homicide?
Seems to me if it's bad enough to have a name, there should be systemic pressure on police departments, and on their martial force.

What are the stats.?
“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” and u know why,, ohh, the best part -- we are told there is an agreement here — a "social contract" — between government agencies and the taxpayers and citizens.
I'd like to read a representative sample oath a PD new-hire takes. I know it's a weak legal argument, BUT !! technically violating the oath is perjury.

It may be a comic. It's far from comical.
Responsible Black parents are wise to caution their young sons about the double-standard. Some may read this one and shrug it off as satirical exaggeration. It's not.

Back