What to call this thread?

"Is she actually dumb enough to believe that these people will actually go to bat for her?" S2 #180
I find two possible interpretations here.
a) She's afraid she'd be exploited by fellow gen-pop prisoners in male prison. Or
b) She sees opportunity of her own being surrounded with desperate women.

I'll side-step that, and agree, MTG doesn't seem likely to expend her own effort lavishly here.

ybVSkMX.jpeg

Though not specified here, the implication is that harm could result from incorrect bathroom use.
a) What harm?
b) Has such harm ever occurred? Or is this some amorphous anxiety infesting these champions of bathroom correctness?
c) If such harm has occurred, is "fire trans teachers" the appropriate remedy?

Statistically, I suspect pedophilic hetero public school faculty are the greater danger. Fire them? Or perhaps heterosexuality should be outlawed outright?

S2 #186

Even those that haven't studied the Skokie decision may be able to conjure an approximate mental image of why a neo-Nazi presence may be detrimental. The Nazis murdered millions, including (ironically?) trans-people.
What is the danger that "trans-people" pose? Upsetting to the binary gender world view? _ _ T O O O _ _ B A D ! _ _

Is anyone else getting the idea that "pastors" in America are becoming more Taliban than Christian?

7bPBQT0.png

Eight to ten years for murder? What did you expect? After all, it wasn't a black guy with half an ounce of marijuana. You can't exactly send him away for 30-years.

Kim Davis is ordered to pay $100,000 to same-sex couple she denied marriage license​

Updated September 14, 20232:35 PM ET

Laurel Wamsley at NPR headquarters in Washington, D.C., November 7, 2018. (photo by Allison Shelley) Laurel Wamsley

ap17202613653058-12929f041f5dc16d88f05f42fffe3e67a350baf6-s1100-c50.jpg

Kim Davis, the former clerk in Rowan County, Ky., was ordered to pay damages to a couple whom she denied a marriage license. Davis is seen here in 2015. / Timothy D. Easley / AP

A federal jury has awarded $100,000 to a same-sex couple who sued a former county clerk in Kentucky who refused to issue them a marriage license, claiming that doing so would violate her religious beliefs.
Kim Davis, the former clerk in Rowan County, Ky., was sued by two same-sex couples to whom she refused to grant marriage licenses. The district court found Davis personally liable in both cases, but only awarded damages in one.
In the case Ermold v. Davis, the jury awarded $50,000 to each of the plaintiffs, David Ermold and David Moore, according to attorneys for Davis. No damages were awarded in the case Yates v. Davis.

"the Nazis Targeted Transgender People" #195
I can't quite imagine this.
I understand there's a variety of gender mis-matches. We start w/ hetero's, for example, a man that identifies as a man, attracted to women. BUT:
- There are men that do not identify as male ... a variety ...

I thought "transgender" meant a person born anatomically normal, and then having their genitalia reconfigured to the opposite sex. The linked article seems vague, mentioning transvestites.
That's about clothing, not genital configuration.

I didn't know such surgery was possible during the mid-20th Century.
And even if it were possible, I didn't know it was common enough to constitute a demographic large enough to be targeted. Ockham's Razor.

"Look at me, I am a transgender man. Do you think the girls in my high school would feel comfortable sharing a restroom with me?" Acyn #197
Not an insensible question. Why not ask them?

Furthermore if it's an issue, which ever way it is decided, why not include in the loop those the facility is shared with?

"Transgender" is not a synonym for libidoless. If non-transgenders can be bisexual, transgenders can't?

Providing high school sports team members a formal venue for comment may help balance an inequity.

- If there were no such thing as transgender, the risks would prevail at commensurate level.
- With a transgender athlete on the high school team, but zero team member empowerment, disproportionate power is given to the trans.
- Providing the rest of the team practical input merely helps to ameliorate that inequity. It's not a panacea. But until a better option becomes available, why not?

Got a better idea?

Providing high school sports team members a formal venue for comment may help balance an inequity.

- If there were no such thing as transgender, the risks would prevail at commensurate level.
- With a transgender athlete on the high school team, but zero team member empowerment, disproportionate power is given to the trans.
- Providing the rest of the team practical input merely helps to ameliorate that inequity. It's not a panacea. But until a better option becomes available, why not?

Got a better idea?
Yeah - stop with the discrimination and accept that transgirls are girls.

Remember, it's not that long ago that people were complaining that black women athletes shouldn't be allowed to compete because their natural advantages meant it was unfair.

And I know I keep repeating it but if trans athletes really did have an advantage they would have completely dominated the podium by now.

"Transgender" is not a synonym for libidoless. If non-transgenders can be bisexual, transgenders can't?

No idea what that is supposed to mean or how it's relevant. If being bi (or gay) was an issue all those cisgendered gay and bi people are already in the locker rooms.

Two Trans Contestants To Compete For Miss Universe 2023 Crown

Christine Lai

rikkie-and-marina.png

This year’s Miss Universe pageant will have at least two trans women competing for the chance to win the beauty title.

Miss Portugal Marina Machete and Miss Netherlands Rikkie Valerie Kollé are both gearing up to compete for the coveted title of Miss Universe in the upcoming November pageant.

Just last week, Marina Machete made history as the first transgender woman to claim the title of Miss Portugal, establishing herself as one of the two trans contestants set to vie for the Miss Universe crown later this year.

CONTINUED

Back