Election 2024

In MLB it's known as a "dugout".
In MAGA politics it's a dug-in, & in a few months, to be known ever after as a buried in. (a cough in?)

- meanwhile -
240906DickCheney.JPG

Splendid Dick, BUT !
"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt that he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us." V.P. Cheney"8/26/02" C-SPAN2
You Mr. Vice President may have been party to killing more Americans than Trump, as the following Iraq War tally shows.

c5725774c467b13b9b8771277ae74b7774e6098.JPG

It doesn't mean you're wrong about Trump.
But it does undermine your reliability as an authority on fact / reality.
Was Halliburton profits really worth that much to you? Can you name any other U.S. presidential administration that deliberately lied U.S. into War?

No.
I can't either.

Trump bizarrely claims people have stopped eating bacon because of wind power

‘You gotta vote with your stomach,’ he tells his followers

Myriam Page

Donald Trump bizarrely claimed people don’t eat bacon anymore because of wind power while taking questions at his latest campaign speech in Wisconsin.

The former president made the bold claim as an answer to a young rally-goer asking what his plan is, "to make life more affordable and bring down inflation for someone like me."

"It's probably the question I get most," Trump responded at first, eventually launching into what on critic denounced as a "word salad."

The GOP presidential nominee said, "You take a look at bacon and some of these products, and some people don't eat bacon anymore."

"And we are going to get the energy prices down," he continued.

"When we get energy down – you know this was caused by their horrible energy. Wind – they want wind all over the place," he added.

"But when it doesn't blow we have .....

Trump bizarrely ... #483

- alright -
Why even start a sentence like that ?!

"bacon" Page

"I am not the type who wants to go back to the land; I am the type who wants to go back to the hotel." Fran Lebowitz (b. 1951)

"I don't like animals." "My favorite animal, bacon." Fran Lebowitz / The Tonight Show 18/03/22

Back to politics:

240908abc01a.JPG

240908abc01b.JPG
note:
Karl is tip-toeing here. Former President GWB has not endorsed Harris / Walz, BUT !
has not endorsed Trump either. Coward.

PS
If I understand Liz Cheney's position she's not actually endorsing the Harris [D] / Walz [D] agenda.
Instead, she's committed to voting for it / them. BUT !!

That may rather more be a vote against Trump than an endorsement of the Democrat's political intentions.

240909a.JPG

OK
As a U.S. Senator, Harris [D-CA] was obliged to cater to, to serve the interests of Californians. Right?
She's not running for the senate. She's a candidate for president.

Is it beyond imagining that therefore her policy positions would reflect that?

If so, does the above cartoon undermine itself?

"prosecuted" #486

"I'm not gunna have time for retribution. We're gunna make this country so successful again, I'm not gunna have time for retribution. And, and remember this. Our ultimate retribution is success." Trump on FOX News Democracy '24 Iowa Town Hall television

Splendid the Donold.
But then it seems we need a tie-breaker. Which is it D.J. ?

IamNeverWrongWisconsin240907shrink.JPG
Trump at campaign rally in Wisconsin the weekend before the 24/09/10 debate

O K
Thanks for clearing it up for us sir.
Good luck to your debate opponent tonight sir, and for the next 9 years.

"And Trump is never wrong. I am never, ever wrong." candidate Trump #497

The campaign added that Harris has the support of more than 230 alumni of George W Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney.

“As hundreds of Republican leaders have already realized, Vice President Harris is offering a New Way Forward for all Americans who reject Donald Trump’s threats to our freedom and his dangerous Project 2025 agenda,” the campaign said. “Between now and Election Day, Team Harris-Walz will continue making the case to conservative, independent, and moderate voters that they have the choice to put their country and democracy first and leave Donald Trump’s toxic chaos and division behind.”

But even as Harris tacks to the middle ahead of election day to appeal to swing state voters, a new poll shows they might not be buying what she’s selling.

Not sure what this is. The headline says: "Desperate Republicans" Really?
If so, seems likely they're doing the Democrat's bidding.

US·Futurism

Desperate Republicans Using AI to Generate Fake Photos of Donald Trump Saving Kittens

The official account of the Republican House Judiciary Committee today posted an AI-generated photo of presidential candidate Donald Trump, in what was a direct call to debunked and unconfirmed social media rumors that have inflamed anti-immigration rhetoric regarding an influx of Haitians into the US. The image, which was posted Monday morning to the group's […] https://news.yahoo.com/news/desperate-republicans-using-ai-generate-215038753.html

Politics was never easy. Remember the daisy spot?
It complicates matters if one of the major party candidates is a compulsive liar, Trump setting the precedent.

And now there's A.I. to contend with. Does the definition for "reality" need an update?

240910a2.JPG
"I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in 2024 Presidential Election." taylorswift

If only there was some indicator wether or not Trump won the debate...​

MvRl420.png

Donny Dum Dum will not love this... he had so much money, it was huge, the muchest money you ever saw, more than Lincoln, and now the Biden Stockmarket is steeling it! WICHTHUNT!

240910a.JPG

I've struggled to make sense of this. Can't.

Does it ridicule Trump's assertion pets are being eaten by immigrants? It seems to. Did KamHar make any such assertion?

Fine. BUT !!
Why are Republicans ridiculing their own candidate?

And why are the kittens in the graphic depicted as wearing cattle costumes? To suggest the cattle lobby advocates eating more beef? More kittens?
??

"Trump ... 's scared ..." #495
We now have the picture in painfully reliable detail.
"I will build a great, great wall on our Southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall, mark my words." Republican primary presidential candidate Donald J. Trump 15/06/16 www.DonaldJTrump.com
He said he was gunna build a wall in Mexico, he built 47 miles of new wall. ... At that pace ... he'd need 110 years as president to be able to finish the wall." former New Jersey Governor and then current Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie on ABC-TV this week 23/07/16 commenting on the viability of candidate Trump for the nomination, and a second term as president
Apparently 49% of the electorate prefers broken promises to prosperity and good governance.

The cause for great alarm here:
Over the past decade Trump's rhetoric has morphed from the implausible, to the absurd, to the incoherent.

240910c.JPG

Is there any way to interpret this sensibly? The 5 most major news outlets, in alphabetical order ?
If not that, WHAT ?!

Re #495 - the last time Trump got spanked that badly he had to pay for it. And then he ended up in court for falsifying business records to hide the payments.

Seems the bone spurs have returned #499
I'm not sure how much if any distinction Trump makes between reality, and his persistent misrepresentation of it.
Either way Trump is evidently in touch with reality enough to avoid another drubbing.

Meanwhile:
Many MAGAs seem to have succumbed to the "stop the steal" kool-aid. BUT !!
Since Trump has now publicly admitted he lost the 2020 election, some small faction of the MAGA crowd may feel betrayed.
- Why did we storm the capitol if Biden won the election ?! -

Whether the drip will reach deluge proportions on election day, not sure.

But if Trump wins the vote, we'll have careened into an unprecedented Constitutional presidential crisis.

- How will the U.S. be represented by a convicted felon president not allowed in various jurisdictions abroad?
- How will DOJ handle Trump attempting to fulfill his retribution commitments?
- Or a president undergoing divorce?

Back