Quotable Quotes

con·flu·ence (kŏnfl-əns)n.
A gathering, flowing, or meeting together at one juncture or point

Drones have been militarized, imparting power of Davidian disproportion against Russia's Goliath.
As this techno-arms race careens toward confluence with A.I. ("super" intelligence) we stumble blindfolded toward an abyss of potentially cataclysmic peril.

Ike may not have anticipated precise detail about the adversities that are emerging here and now.
As Supreme Allied Commander in WWII, and then as POTUS, Eisenhower warned:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery
of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together." Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961


Hegseth01.JPG
Peter Brian Hegseth (born June 6, 1980) is an American government official, veteran, and former television personality who has been serving as the 29th United States secretary of defense since 2025.
Assumed office January 25, 2025
President Donald Trump
Preceded by Lloyd Austin
 
"'Sir, we think the Oval Office should be taken down, and we'll build a new one, sir.' I said, 'My ass, you can't build a new one. This is a special place.'" ~ Trump, recounting to Time Magazine his alleged conversation with Secret Service official
 
con·flu·ence (kŏnfl-əns)n.
A gathering, flowing, or meeting together at one juncture or point

Drones have been militarized, imparting power of Davidian disproportion against Russia's Goliath.
As this techno-arms race careens toward confluence with A.I. ("super" intelligence) we stumble blindfolded toward an abyss of potentially cataclysmic peril.

Ike may not have anticipated precise detail about the adversities that are emerging here and now.
As Supreme Allied Commander in WWII, and then as POTUS, Eisenhower warned:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery
of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together." Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961


View attachment 6678
Peter Brian Hegseth (born June 6, 1980) is an American government official, veteran, and former television personality who has been serving as the 29th United States secretary of defense since 2025.
Assumed office January 25, 2025
President Donald Trump
Preceded by Lloyd Austin

While it may be drones were inevitable, they are not a good thing.
Since remote control can be interfered with, trend is going to be to automate them, reduce them in size, and have them target all humans, not specific enemy, because they can't do that.
In the Ukraine, clearly the Ukraine has no history of building any weapons at all, much less drones.
All the weapons used in the Ukraine are coming from the US, by way of Poland.
And the result will have to be the US and Poland becoming targets.
 
"... the result will have to be the US and Poland becoming targets." R5 #2,284
"The" result ?
"A" result.
Another result, the Pandora's box lid that formerly confined the dangerous drone genie has been ripped from its hinges.

Yet another bell we cannot unring.
 
"The" result ?
"A" result.
Another result, the Pandora's box lid that formerly confined the dangerous drone genie has been ripped from its hinges.

Yet another bell we cannot unring.

Much like all the weddings and birthday celebrations we blew up in Afghanistan and the Mideast with drones, instead of first determining who was there.
 
Note:
For a while our remote-pilot surveillance drones were unarmed. To kill with one would have required a kamikaze technique. That's an $expensive bullet.
Subsequently they are unmanned war ships.
"Much like all the weddings and birthday celebrations we blew up in Afghanistan and the Mideast with drones, instead of first determining who was there." R5 #2,286
If the reports are true we've erred on both sides of that dilemma.

After the attacks of 09/11/01 former President Clinton was reviled by Republicans for not having killed the wedding party UBL attended.

Not sure about recent stats, but after the "war criminal" rhetoric reached Trump's headlines some reports indicate instead of blasting ostensible drug smuggling boats out of the water,
the vessel's crew are taken aboard the U.S. military vessel, and then the unoccupied vessel & cargo destroyed.

Whether evidence of illegal conduct is preserved, and how the prisoners were dispositioned, I do not know.

I surely regret these conspicuous failures of U.S. diplomacy.
I'm grateful I don't have to answer for them, even though as a U.S. taxpayer I am party to them.
 
Note:
For a while our remote-pilot surveillance drones were unarmed. To kill with one would have required a kamikaze technique. That's an $expensive bullet.
Subsequently they are unmanned war ships.

If the reports are true we've erred on both sides of that dilemma.

After the attacks of 09/11/01 former President Clinton was reviled by Republicans for not having killed the wedding party UBL attended.

Not sure about recent stats, but after the "war criminal" rhetoric reached Trump's headlines some reports indicate instead of blasting ostensible drug smuggling boats out of the water,
the vessel's crew are taken aboard the U.S. military vessel, and then the unoccupied vessel & cargo destroyed.

Whether evidence of illegal conduct is preserved, and how the prisoners were dispositioned, I do not know.

I surely regret these conspicuous failures of U.S. diplomacy.
I'm grateful I don't have to answer for them, even though as a U.S. taxpayer I am party to them.

Since the US ambassador Glaspie had been asked by Saddam for permission to punish Kuwait for stealing oil and selling it below agreed upon prices, Desert Storm was totally illegal.
And then murdering tens of thousands of Iraqis and Kuwaitis under a negotiated withdraw on the Highway of Death, was utterly reprehensible.
Osama bin Laden said that was the motivation for the 9/11 WTC attack, and while I disagree with his choice of targets, he was more than justified in my opinion.
The Highway of Death massacre was horrendous.
And it also would have killed too many others to strike an entire wedding party just to try to kill UBL.

But my purpose in bringing up drones is that likely they are going to be made self contained instead of remote control, and going to be a huge threat to all humanity, like a mobile minefield that will not be able to distinguish friend from foe, or civilians.

With the fast boats, what I read is that since their range is only about 150 miles, and it is more like 1500 from Venezuela to the US, I doubt the US was their destination.
In fact, I doubt they had drugs since Venezuela doe not grow or make any drugs. I believe it was all fake just to gain control over Venezuela's oil.
 
"This deal is done." ~ Energy Secretary Chris Wright on $15B S. Korean steel plant for Iowa

"A sure thing." ~ White House

"They've already started building." ~ Trump, on plant, though no property has yet been purchased and no permits have been filed
 
"I have the highest of IQs. I have the highest. I'm fine, and I understand that stuff. You know, my uncle was at MIT for 41 years, and you know, I'm a -- I believe in genetics, frankly, and I understand. I understand it much more than I think any president would, because I do have an ability on this. I have an ability on those things that were the new frontiers." ~ Trump, to Time magazine

1791199409182.png
 
Back
Top