Obituary: ... there they go !

sear

Administrator
Staff member

Kris Kristofferson, country music star and 'A Star is Born' actor, dies at 88

Kristofferson was also in a few movies.
He's credited with writing the lyric to a song made famous by Janis Joplin, Bobby McGee.

o·bit·u·ar·y (ō-bĭch-ĕr′ē)
n. pl. o·bit·u·ar·ies
A published notice of a death, sometimes with a brief biography of the deceased.

[Medieval Latin obituārius, (report) of death, from Latin obitus, death, from past participle of obīre, to meet, meet one's death : ob-, toward; see OB- + īre, to go; see ei- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]

o·bitu·ar′y adj.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

United States

Kris Kristofferson, influential singer-songwriter, dies at 88​

By Bill Trott / September 29, 20246:17 PM GMT
Sept 29 (Reuters) -
Kristofferson was a Renaissance man - an athlete with a poet's sensibilities, a former Army officer and helicopter pilot, a Rhodes scholar who took a job as a janitor in what turned out to be a brilliant career move.
Kristofferson first established himself in the music world as a songwriter in the country music capital of Nashville - writing hits such as the Grammy-winning "Help Me Make It Through the Night," "For the Good Times," and one-time girlfriend Janis Joplin's plaintive No. 1 hit, "Me and Bobby McGee."

Kris Kristofferson, who became one of the most influential American singer-songwriters of his time with works such as "Me and Bobby McGee," as well as becoming a successful actor, died Saturday at the age of 88, according to a family statement.
Kristofferson had been suffering from memory loss since he was in his 70s. A family spokesperson said in a statement that Kristofferson died peacefully at his home in Maui, Hawaii, surrounded by family, but a cause of death was not listed.

Reunited

1*7djNtboYhLHmV6nirO7wTA.jpeg

Back