Like a Movie - "The DEA's Most Corrupt Agent"

Borg Refinery

Reads like a movie script. It's hard to believe that US federal agencies have agents that are doing stuff like this - with impunity - in this day and age - wasn't this stuff supposed to be relegated to the bad old days? It's meant to have been dealt with post big clean up(s) that occurred that should have routed this kind of corruption?

hard to believe that US federal agencies have agents that are doing stuff like this - with impunity -
Power corrupts.
Z #2 beat me to it. That was the first thought to cross my mind about it Z.
Probably worth noting:

The familiar paraphrase is: - Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton

But the quotation is:

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely,"
writes John Emerich Edward Dalbert-Acton, 53, April 5 to Cambridge University professor Mandell Creighton. Lord Acton is a liberal Roman Catholic and a leader of the opposition to the papal dogma of infallibility

Source: The People's Chronology is licensed from Henry Holt and Company, Inc. Copyright © 1995, 1996 by James Trager. All rights reserved. (aka Bookshelf '98)

It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. David Brin
I'm w/ Brin on that. Wouldn't surprise me if many government officials seek their office for this abuse potential.

PS
If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, and corruption is crime, and crime doesn’t pay, does knowledge in the end, leave you broke?

Back