1970s Belfast

Peon (noun)

(in Spanish America) a farm worker or unskilled laborer; day laborer.
(formerly, especially in Mexico) a person held in servitude to work off debts or other obligations.
any person of low social status, especially one who does work regarded as menial or unskilled; drudge.

Origin of peon​

1820–30; <Spanish peón peasant, day laborer <Vulgar Latin *pedōn- (stem of *pedō) walker (whence Medieval Latin pedōnēs infantry, Old French peonpawn2), derivative of Latin ped- (stem of pēs) foot

Does winning points on the internet make you feel better?

only when I have a worthy adversary

Yes, and the Garda in at least a few cases colluded with the IRA and that resulted in more than a few people killed too.

I'm not trying to downplay the IRA's crimes (or collusion with others) either.

I am believing the word of a convicted terrorist - because that's not the only evidence here. Did you even read the Belfast Tele piece and the Irish Times one?

Peon (noun)

(in Spanish America) a farm worker or unskilled laborer; day laborer.
(formerly, especially in Mexico) a person held in servitude to work off debts or other obligations.
any person of low social status, especially one who does work regarded as menial or unskilled; drudge.

Origin of peon​

1820–30; <Spanish peón peasant, day laborer <Vulgar Latin *pedōn- (stem of *pedō) walker (whence Medieval Latin pedōnēs infantry, Old French peonpawn2), derivative of Latin ped- (stem of pēs) foot

only when I have a worthy adversary
So you can't even honestly quote dictionary definitions (there are multiple definitions) from google...

Case dismissed

I do not know why it isn't in most other dictionaries but here is a clue (yes it's urban dic but still..) -

Peon

A little child who isn’t experienced enough or a person who isn’t fully aware of what they’re doing .
These peons don’t know what there doing right now.

Yes, that is one way it's used.

Last edited:
the Garda in at least a few cases colluded with the IRA and that resulted in more than a few people killed too.

YOU LOSE
The Garda have nothing to do with the RUC or British spooks

The Garda Siochana is the police in the Republic of Ireland .
and were much more likely to pass information to the IRA about the movement of police and judges -
Supt Harry Breen was murdered by the IRA crossing the border after a meeting in Dundalk Garda station
High court judge Gibson (and his wife) were also killed crossing the border - his travel plans had been shared with the Garda

pe·on (pēŏn′, pēən)
n.
1. A person who does menial or repetitive tasks and has a low rank in an organization or society.
a.
An unskilled laborer or farm worker of Latin America or the southwest United States.
b. Such a worker bound in servitude to a landlord creditor.
3. (also pyn) In India and other parts of South and Southeast Asia, a person of menial position, especially a messenger, servant, or foot soldier.

[Spanish peón, day laborer, from Medieval Latin pedō, pedōn-, foot soldier; see PIONEER. Sense 3, from Portuguese peão and French pion, foot soldier, both ultimately from Medieval Latin pedō.]

pe·on·age (pēə-nĭj)
n.
1. The condition of being a peon.
2. A system by which debtors are bound in servitude to their creditors until their debts are paid.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

m #24
I believe you're fit to teach college. I didn't need your: - that's not anthropology, that's paleontology - to convince me of that. (but it helped a little)
I'm not sure you're as well suited to teaching remedial kindergarten. No objection. But it's unrealistic to expect a personality transforming revelation.

pe·on (pēŏn′, pēən)
n.
1. A person who does menial or repetitive tasks and has a low rank in an organization or society.
a.
An unskilled laborer or farm worker of Latin America or the southwest United States.
3. (also pyn) In India and other parts of South and Southeast Asia, a person of menial position, especially a messenger, servant, or foot soldier.

[Spanish peón, day laborer, from Medieval Latin pedō, pedōn-, foot soldier; see PIONEER. Sense 3, from Portuguese peão and French pion, foot soldier, both ultimately from Medieval Latin pedō.]

pe·on·age (pēə-nĭj)
n.
1. The condition of being a peon.
2. A system by which debtors are bound in servitude to their creditors until their debts are paid.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

m #24
I believe you're fit to teach college. I didn't need your: - that's not anthropology, that's paleontology - to convince me of that. (but it helped a little)
I'm not sure you're as well suited to teaching remedial kindergarten. No objection. But it's unrealistic to expect a personality transforming revelation.
You're being called a child across fora with people with actual degrees and not just diplomas.

You were saying, child?

pe·on (pēŏn′, pēən)
n.
a.

I posted the dictionary definition of a term in dispute.
You wouldn't be so hasty in criticizing this if you knew, in formal debate, it's one of the standard components in formal debate.
- Personal introduction
- Read the debate resolve
- Define terms

Yet you dismiss this formal educational standard (one I learned, in school, on the debate team) as childish.
You're being called a child across fora with people with actual degrees and not just diplomas.
You were saying, child?
They may have diplomas. You apparently
226257849260d12d94e74cc99e45670d6db2725.gif

BUT !!

I notice you're enjoying your stay here. Intentionally or not you flatter me with your presence. If it was as bad as you pretend, you'd be a fool to remain. Are you a fool B #27?

I posted the dictionary definition of a term in dispute.
You wouldn't be so hasty in criticizing this if you knew, in formal debate, it's one of the standard components in formal debate.
- Personal introduction
- Read the debate resolve
- Define terms

Yet you dismiss this formal educational standard (one I learned, in school, on the debate team) as childish.

They may have diplomas. You apparently
226257849260d12d94e74cc99e45670d6db2725.gif

BUT !!

I notice you're enjoying your stay here. Intentionally or not you flatter me with your presence. If it was as bad as you pretend, you'd be a fool to remain. Are you a fool B #27?

Just seeing whether you can realise how you come across, but it appears not.

You are taking issue with a real definition of a word, which makes you an idiot.

"Yet you dismiss this formal educational standard (one I learned, in school, on the debate team) as childish."

Thanks for proving reading comprehension isn't your strong suit either

Are you a fool B #27?
Just seeing whether you can realise how you come across, but it appears not.
Thanks for answering the question so definitively.

I have decades of experience with applied statistics.
If my constructive approach, and journalistic standards were amiss, you and I wouldn't be having this exchange right now. I'm a disciple of psychologist Joy Browne B #29. "We all move toward pleasure, and away from pain." JB PhD
One of two things is true B #29. Either you're a freakish exception to Browne's rule, you've found pain, and you're holding it close.

- OR -

Ockham's Razor, you're a troll, doing your best, but have met your match, and have little if any experience in what to do about it.

Thanks for answering the question so definitively.

I have decades of experience with applied statistics.
If my constructive approach, and journalistic standards were amiss, you and I wouldn't be having this exchange right now. I'm a disciple of psychologist Joy Browne B #29. "We all move toward pleasure, and away from pain." JB PhD
One of two things is true B #29. Either you're a freakish exception to Browne's rule, you've found pain, and you're holding it close.

- OR -

Ockham's Razor, you're a troll, doing your best, but have met your match, and have little if any experience in what to do about it.

You can't even spell it properly. While you were lecturing others about spelling.

I feel sorry for you.

About what?
Please quote the exact lecture. That's your final warning.

Can't be bothered to go digging for your idiotic lectures, but you absolutely did correct someone's spelling on something on here? The fact that you deny it accords with all your other lies.

You can take your final warning and shove it as far as you can up your searing hot shitehole.

Back