They're back ....

Shiftless2

A walk down memory lane - and it's good to see that they're both alive and well

The Smothers Brothers are back, taking their show on the road

S2,
You may know. Some others may not. The Smothers Bros were not the only ones to champion causes of the common man in the '60's. But they were on the list, along with Pete Seeger, many etceteras.
In the early '60's a neighbor recounted to me his ~3 week experience at "sleep-away" camp (as opposed to "day" camp I suppose). He said some young musicians stopped by and did an entertaining show. It was the Smothers Brothers.
I imagine they were in their 20's at the time, if that.

Their shtick was squabbling brothers, suited to young boys that hadn't yet reached full maturity. Not sure how well that translates to great-grampa's generation. But I think I'd enjoy a taste of SB '23 even if only for nostalgia.

S2,
You may know. Some others may not. The Smothers Bros were not the only ones to champion causes of the common man in the '60's. But they were on the list, along with Pete Seeger, many etceteras.
I know I'm dating myself but I remember their show well. And I'm well aware of the others.

And I'm well aware of the 1968 Democratic Convention (did have to look up the year), the shootings at Kent State, and the like.

S2 #3
- ditto -
The joke of those sharing our vintage is: - anyone that tells you they remember the '60's is lying. -
False of course, but communicates an insight about the Woodstock generation.

My BIL went to Woodstock. I didn't, am glad I didn't. I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Too much mud. Too few Porta-Potty's. My gal and I went to her pappy's retreat on Wolfe Island, technically Canada, in the St. Lawrence.

The SmoBros had a TV special or two. I'm too new to broadband to figure out how to retrieve them. But they (along with episodes of their series?) may already be online.

Back