Santos: Part Deux

Shiftless2

Busted: Yet another Republican congressman's resume has Santos-like gaps​

Matthew Chapman

Congressman George Santos (R-NY) has been facing a blizzard of scandals after he was discovered to have lied about nearly every detail of his personal history on the campaign trail, from his education to his work background to his claim of being descended from Holocaust refugees.

According to an investigation from Nashville's NewsChannel 5, Tennessee's GOP Rep. Andy Ogles, elected in the same cycle as Santos, may have pulled a similar con.

For starters, reported Phil Williams, Ogles has repeatedly claimed to be an "economist," but he has placed a block on his school records from Middle Tennessee State University, making it impossible to verify whether he even studied economics. "NewsChannel 5 Investigates checked and, back in 2002, Ogles' website claimed he had 'studied foreign policy and the constitution' at Western Kentucky University and Middle Tennessee State. There was no mention of economics. Western Kentucky says when he was there from fall of 1990 to fall of 1993, Ogles actually majored in English and Allied Language Arts." His 2009 résumé states he has a degree in international relations, minoring in psychology and English — again, no economics.

He did work at the Laffer Center — named for Art Laffer, the controversial economist who developed Ronald Reagan's tax cuts for the rich — but only in an administrative position.

Ogles also claimed in a debate to be "a former member of law enforcement, [who] worked in international sex crimes, specifically child trafficking." He in fact was a ...

And it doesn't stop with him ....

Another Santos? Cracks found in newly elected GOP lawmaker's backstory​

Travis Gettys

Another newly elected Republican House member has had doubt cast on her backstory after a deeply-reported Washington Post profile found several discrepancies.

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) has described herself as a Hispanic conservative who grew up poor, survived a home invasion and lost her grandmother to HIV/AIDS due to heroin use. But those details have come as a surprise to family members and friends who knew her before she entered politics about five years ago, reported the Washington Post.

“She had everything, what she needed and more,” said her aunt Jolanta Mayerhofer, "and not only did [her mother] Monica provide for her, but my father-in-law did, too.”

Luna grew up in Los Angeles and joined the U.S. Air Force in 2009, at age 19, the Post reported. Friends who knew her then, when she used her given last name of Mayerhofer, say she described herself variously as Middle Eastern, Jewish or Eastern European and supported then-president Barack Obama. The Post initially reported that ...

I'd be surprised if there weren't others ....

"she described herself variously as Middle Eastern, Jewish or Eastern European and ..." #1
This puzzles me. Seems an odd way to solicit a winning % of the electorate that's likely to contain anti-Semites. I suspect a missing puzzle piece here.
I'd be surprised if there weren't others ....
Within individuals and groups honesty & dishonesty reside in inverse proportion, right? A person that's 90% honest is 10% dishonest?
I agree S2 this is the tip of the iceberg *.
What I'm wondering is:
a) is the honest : dishonest ratio worse (higher % dishonest) in the public sector, or the private sector?
b) is the public sector getting worse? Or in this information age, are we merely more effective at exposing it?

* shear genius

What I'm wondering is:
a) is the honest : dishonest ratio worse (higher % dishonest) in the public sector, or the private sector?
I'm sure it's higher in the public sector (at least among elected positions). After all, in the private sector people get fired if they've lied on their resume.

Santos: Part Duh !​

Santos is known to have dressed as a drag queen.
Now there's a drag queen dressing as Santos: (performer's drag name: Meatball)

SantosImpersonator01a.JPG

SantosImpersonator01b.JPG

source: ABC-TV Kimmel

Back