protect and serve

mark mywords

A woman detained under suspicion of involvement in a road rage incident was left handcuffed and lock in the back of a patrol car...................unfortunately the dumbest cop on the force had parked his car on train tracks and the inevitable happened the train hit the car and the prisoner sustained serious injuries.
The cop unlike the suspect didnt see or hear the train coming until the very last moment before the train hit the car at which point he ran away!

Can you imagine the horror suffered as the 20 yearold suspect was sat watching the lights of the train get closer and closer
'https://www.wsaw.com/2022/09/20/detained-woman-seriously-hurt-when-train-hits-police-car/

Seems like a cascade of idiocy to me.
For what offense was she cuffed in the vehicle? Why not an appearance ticket?

Who the %$#@! parked the police vehicle ON THE RAILROAD TRACK?!

I get the impression McDonald's rejected his employment application, so he took the only job he could get: policeman.

Part of the problem with this is the -punish the victim- approach so common in such incidents.
- The criminal (the policeman) goes on paid leave. So the People (tax payers) are paying for labor they're (we're) not receiving.
- There's a law court trial (who pays for that?). The idiot is found guilty. And the injured citizen is generously compensated by plundering the local government treasury.

I'm all for compensating the victim. But why not put the guilty COP on highly restricted criminal justice supervision, make him wear a GPS ankle transponder, and compel him to work 50 hours a week for 10 years, and forfeit half his gross income to her as compensation? Don't punish the victim. Punish the criminal !

Perhaps the police department should add a rule against parking on train tracks. Part of the benefit of having a patrol partner is as a sanity check. It took two adult policemen to destroy that patrol vehicle. We're doomed.

Alright mm #1,
you've obviously hit a sore spot with me on this one. Without police it's a lawless frontier, it's anarchy. I'm not endorsing totalitarianism, a pure police State.
"Can you imagine the horror suffered as the 20 yearold suspect was sat watching the lights of the train get closer and closer" mm #1
Grim. Horrifying. Lucky she survived. I wish her a speedy and complete recovery.

R #3 satirical flourish is almost as painful. I can't entirely blame the lug nut that hired these dunderheads into the police department in the first place. They can only hire from the applicant pool. Most rocket-surgeons don't apply for employment as patrolmen.

Back