Natural Gas Prices in Europe Are Suddenly Plunging: October 25, 2022

sear

Administrator
Staff member
With Putin shenanigans one might expect fuel costs to spiral upward. BUT !!

Why Natural Gas Prices in Europe Are Suddenly Plunging​

A combination of full storage, lower demand and mild weather, among other factors, has eased concerns of a spike in heating and power prices — for now.

No telling where prices will be in late February.

Let's hope the best for those in war-ravaged Ukraine.

and all of europe too! i saw this on my feed and forgot to read it, i'll do that soon. my scottish friends will probably be pleased that they waited to get heating oil until this week!

my scottish friends will probably be pleased that they waited to get heating oil until this week!

Here its down by about £30 (for 900L) from what it was 4 weeks ago but its still about double what it was Oct 2021

Diesel is still about £1.85 petrol £1.65 per Litre

b #2
"Market timing" is an investment market strategy, but notoriously difficult to get right often enough for it to pay off in the long run.
None the less if it were me I'd probably have bought in late Summer, expecting a horde of last-minute hold-outs to drive up demand, which then ("supply & demand") drives up the price. Wrong again Sears!

However, I've got a 400 gallon submarine due for a fill-up. Sloth has paid off for me, I guess. Let's put some Carbon in the atmosphere, shall we?

Back