MEDIA ALERT : Tuesday 10:PM / ET on ABC-TV "The Freedom To Exist" Human Rights In Contest Again

sear

Administrator
Staff member
230606.JPG

There's a journalistic cliche', "If it bleeds, it leads."
The Republican presidential primary is already making headlines.
The War in Ukraine is spreading to Russia.
Commercial television doesn't exist to bring entertainment to audiences. It exists to bring $revenue to broadcast sponsors.

In that context ABC-TV has prepared this prime-time presentation.

And the pic is correct - haven't seen the show in question but various state governments are doing their best to legislate people like him out of existence.

Ron DeSantis Just Took Two Big Steps to Make Trans Lives Illegal

Bills signed into law Wednesday will further restrict trans rights in his state, and there’s no telling how far the extremist politician will go

And it's not just Florida:

In a year with more than 50 anti-LGBTQ bills already having been passed into law across the country, according to the ACLU’s legislative tracker, DeSantis and Florida’s Republican lawmakers are taking things much further.
Z9IyEht.png

I spent a while reviewing this broadcast. Among my initial curiosities, who's sponsoring it. Seemed like a spectrum of local & national sponsors, including Jardiance for diabetes, Gold Bond moisturizing lotion (w/ Retinol and vitamins), and lots of teaser ads for subsequent ABC-TV broadcasts including Wednesday's Game #3 of the NBA Finals, 8:30PM/ET, Eyewitness News at 11, etc.

Generally television broadcasts are intended to inquire, inform, persuade, or entertain.
The major viewership? The curious?

Perhaps unintended, one of the questions it left me with, how has increased media attention to this affected the broader spectrum of minority treatment.
Not sure if the ratings are available yet. Until then:

230606b.JPG

Back