Henry Kissinger dies

If you kill one or two, they prosecute & imprison you. If you kill 10 or 20, they put you in an insane asylum. If you kill 10 or 20 thousand, they invite you to a peace conference.

For the youngsters not decrepit enough to recall the U.S. War in Vietnam as many Americans experienced it, as reported by broadcast television news anchor Walter Cronkite, a brief reflection from one that is:

Never drink your own Kool-aid.
"It's damn easy to get into war, but it's going to be awfully hard to extricate yourself if you get in it." President Lyndon B. Johnson
If we don't win this [Vietnam] war, the Pacific Ocean will become a red sea. President Richard M. Nixon
"The infamy of Nixon's foreign-policy architect sits, eternally, beside that of history's worst mass murderers. A deeper shame attaches to the country that celebrates him" S2
note:
Momma warned me about speaking ill of the dead.

Some that have read S2 #1 might get the misimpression many involved weren't so bad, but it was Henry the K that was the bad guy.

Truth is there's plenty of blame to go around. The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution might not have been the U.S.' first contribution to that War. It certainly qualifies as a significant milestone.
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." Hegel
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." Plato
Next month begins tomorrow.

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation. Henry Kissinger

I am being frank about myself in this book. I tell of my first mistake on page 850. Henry Kissinger

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/henry-kissinger-quotes

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely,"
writes John Emerich Edward Dalbert-Acton, 53, April 5 to Cambridge University professor Mandell Creighton. Lord Acton is a liberal Roman Catholic and a leader of the opposition to the papal dogma of infallibility
Source:
The People's Chronology is licensed from Henry Holt and Company, Inc. Copyright © 1995, 1996 by James Trager

It is seemingly inevitable that wielding State power must result in benefit to some, detriment to others. That's not an endorsement of mega-carnage.
But it's a rational justification for meticulous supervision of our "public servants". Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. - John Philpot Curran (1750-1817)

In our democratic republic, the voter cannot afford to leave this duty, this responsibility to others. It is a collective burden. The People either fulfill this obligation responsibly, or risk forfeit of their ability to do so.
"There is nothing with which it is so dangerous to take liberties as liberty itself." Andre' Breton 1896 - 1966

Henry Kissinger Cause of Death Revealed

The ignominious war criminal linked to millions of deaths died at the age of 100 in November
BY CAROLINE HASKINS

Henry Kissinger, the late secretary of state under Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford whose decisions are linked to millions of deaths around the world, died of congenital heart failure, according to police reports newly obtained by Rolling Stone.

Kissinger died at the age of 100 in his house in Connecticut on Nov. 29. The news was confirmed in a statement from his consulting firm, Kissinger Associates, but the statement did not include his cause of death.

According to Greg Grandin, the Yale University historian and author of the 2015 biography Kissinger’s Shadow, Kissinger’s foreign policy decisions under Nixon and Ford led to ...

CONTINUED

"According to Greg Grandin, the Yale University historian and author of the 2015 biography Kissinger’s Shadow, Kissinger’s foreign policy decisions under Nixon and Ford led to ..." #4
The U.S. military adventure in Vietnam, is a prominent Cold War example of U.S. / China client-State War. It involved an enormous amount of human carnage.

But before I aim an accusatory finger @Kissinger, I believe whatever HK did, or did not, I'm not aware of Kissinger being deliberately genocidal.
Premised on that, I contrast the known quantity of how many died, to the number that might have died instead, if Kissinger was not at all involved, or followed a radically different path.

I'm not sure.

Back