Happy Pi Day

Shiftless2

336081578_237490765344666_7456811798272429026_n.jpg

A Roman legionnaire walked into a bar, held up two fingers and said, “Five beers please.”

btw That Pi looks delicious.

ps
oops

Topic drift apology. I don't know many math jokes.
Back to topic:

he: In Eskimoland the ratio of an igloo's circumference to its diameter is Eskimo Pi.
she: Inuit !

note:
In·u·it (ĭn-ĭt, -y-)
n. pl. Inuit
1. The members of various indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic ...

Usage Note: The preferred term for the native peoples of the Canadian Arctic and Greenland is now Inuit, and the use of Eskimo in referring to these peoples is often considered offensive, especially in Canada. Inuit is inappropriate, however, when used in reference to speakers of Yupik, the Eskimoan language branch of southwest Alaska and the Siberian Arctic.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

The dual of a tire changing tool is a police detective.

"dual"?
226257849260d12d94e74cc99e45670d6db2725.gif

du·al (dəl, dy-)
Share:​
adj.
1. Composed of two usually like or complementary parts; double: dual controls for pilot and copilot; a car with dual exhaust pipes.
2. Having a double character or purpose: a belief in the dual nature of reality.
3. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a number category that indicates two persons or things, as in Greek, Sanskrit, and Old English.
n.
Grammar
1. The dual number.
2. An inflected form of a noun, adjective, pronoun, or verb used with two items or people.

[Latin duālis, from duo, two; see dwo- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]

dual·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2022 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

Nope - you've got to be a real math nerd to understand that one. In "Category Theory" (a field of mathematics) the dual of something is called the "co-something"

And the tire changing tool in question is a jack.

Hence a police detective.

I thought a detective was a "gum shoe". I don't recall any reference in news or fiction using "jack" as reference to a police detective.

I've already shared the two toughest math jokes I know.
One is:
Q: Why do engineers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because Oct 31 equals Dec 25.
I don't know enough math to corroborate that, and don't have a calculator with those buttons (used to, but no longer).

That's somewhat beyond most high school math grads, & I carried a D - average in high school math, as far as I went with it, Algebra II perhaps.

The other was a brief quiz / test I shared with you when after years of cyber-friendship you disclosed you had a PhD.

So I posted to you the riddle about the tan car with license #TAN-270.
Didn't take you long to tell me the make of the car was "Infinity". Few HS grads would figure that. SO !!
I try to keep my head down when a math something hurtles by.

BUT !!

Happy π day anyway.

Back