CRISIS INTERVENTION SUICIDE LIFELINE

Shiftless2

adv2KnL.jpeg

Thanks much S2 for this important message. A risk here is that the vague subject title may not help one in need to find it. Care to update the title to: CRISIS INTERVENTION SUICIDE LIFELINE
or any other more revealing label?

Meanwhile I tried to get a useful URL / link to an emergency help site. I gather dialing #988 may help in some locations. The following only works when cut-&-pasted into the Internet identifier line. Doesn't seem to work as a link.

https://988lifeline.org/

That works as a link for me.

There are any number of crisis hotlines available - just google "suicide prevention hotline" without the quotation marks

Psychologist Joy Browne called suicide a long-term solution to a short-term problem.
I suspect in many cases what drives a person to suicide is a mental condition the individual misperceives as lucidity, clarity, which is then mistakenly perceived as self-justification.
More likely, the issue dominating their mind displaces their perception of options. They can include: sell the Oldsmobile, move to Brazil, etc. When in such crisis, think outside "the box", also called a coffin.

S2 #1
In appreciation for Robin Williams American actor and comedian (1951–2014)
Robin Williams

Robin McLaurin Williams was an American actor and comedian. Known for his improvisational skills and the wide variety of ...

PBSNH230414b.JPG

And at the risk of a little self-promotion:
For such as these, including CitizenVoice.us is a fabulous resource for persons isolated by global pandemic, geography, age, finance, or infirmity.

That's not just U.S. military veterans, but any senior, even those in hospice.

On this Memorial Day we can reflect on the Liberty our military members continue to preserve.
NBC-TV News reports hundreds of active duty U.S. military died by suicide in 2022.

230529.JPG

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. - John Philpot Curran (1750-1817)

Back