"44% of Republicans want to see Donald Trump run for president again in 2024" Pew Research Center September / PBS NH 21/10/08

sear

Administrator
Staff member
"44% of Republicans want to see Donald Trump run for president again in 2024" Pew Research Center September / PBS NH 21/10/08

Addressing this 44% of Republicans:
- Do they not know of Trump's direct involvement in the Jan. 6 bloody insurrection? If they do not know, would such knowledge change their presidential candidate preference for 2024?

- If they do know, how do they reconcile this direct, unambiguous violation of the presidential oath of office, Art.2 Sect.1 - 7 * ?

Or is the GOP no longer the party of law & order?

* UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION - ARTICLE 2. SECTION 1.
7 Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:-"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

What has happened to our GOP ("Grand Old Party")?

In the 1960's the Republicans were perceived as the party of $rich White men. Back then they may not have been paragons of virtue. But their divergences from the truth tended to be more subtle, in the shadow of the fig leaf.
"The primitive simplicity of their minds (the masses) rend them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell the big ones ... The victor will never be asked if they told the truth. ... Success is the sole earthly judge of right & wrong."
"Truth is not as important as success." Adolf Hitler
Compared to now:
"I will build a great, great wall on our Southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall, mark my words." Republican primary presidential candidate Donald J. Trump 15/06/16 www.DonaldJTrump.com
piffle

Trump may be guilty of many things, but I've never seen a plausible accusation against Trump for being meticulously honest.

Do the Republican voters that want Trump to run again in 2024 not know this? How could they not?
Alternatively what? They know but don't care?
- They don't care that Trump is a compulsive liar?
- They don't care that a U.S. president and potential presidential candidate for re-election was party to both trying to overturn the 2020 election result, and party to armed, bloody insurrection? Republicans ?!

And what of genuine political conservatives like Liz Cheney (R)?
It's hardly surprising that there would be a diversity of views in a party with tens of millions of members.
But honesty and dishonesty are opposites.

The shocker?
Genuine political conservatives are not politically ideologically allied with Trump. For whom are traditional conservatives supposed to vote? Democrats ?!

The objective truly patriotic opposition to the Republican party is it prioritizes partisanship ahead of citizenship.
Trump has elevated that to prioritizing himself ahead of the Republican party, which Trump then prioritizes ahead of citizenship, or the Constitution.

Former President Donald Trump said Wednesday he won't sign a pledge to support the Republican nominee if he loses the GOP presidential primary, flouting a requirement for appearing in the first debate later this month.
“Why would I sign it?" Trump said in an interview on the conservative cable network Newsmax. “I can name three or four people that I wouldn’t support for president. So right there, there’s a problem.”
He declined to name the candidates he wouldn't support, saying “there's no reason to insult them.” But he singled out South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott and businessman Vivek Ramaswamy for praise, saying they “have been very nice.”
Trump said he will announce next week whether he'll participate in the debate, scheduled for Aug. 23 in Milwaukee, but his refusal to sign the pledge suggests he plans to make good on his threat to skip it. Trump has repeatedly questioned why he should debate his rivals given his substantial polling lead and has suggested he might hold a competing event instead.
JONATHAN J. COOPER / Wed, August 9, 2023 at 8:42 PM EDT

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-wont-sign-republican-004206391.html

Back